PDA

View Full Version : Berfert Information


Julie Cook
December 23rd 04, 05:20 PM
Since Pam hadn't responded to any messages last night I figured she's
busy with Berfert and Rob and everything else she has on her plate
lately. So I called the last contact I had for a vet that they used.
Berfert was there when I called getting IV fluids. I don't have any
health information but if anyone is interested they are willing to take
donations to the vet bill which is possibly going to be over $300.00. I
went ahead and left a donation by credit card and everything went
smoothly. The vet information is:

Reilly Road Animal Hospital
695 S Reilly Rd
Fayetteville, NC 28314-5627
Phone: (910)864-0606

Pam, I hope you don't get mad at me.

Julie Cook

Irulan
December 23rd 04, 09:09 PM
I called the vet too and left a small donation. They sounded really busy so
I hope it goes to the right patient. We hope Berfert starts feeling really
well soon.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time
"Julie Cook" > wrote in message
...
> Since Pam hadn't responded to any messages last night I figured she's busy
> with Berfert and Rob and everything else she has on her plate lately. So I
> called the last contact I had for a vet that they used. Berfert was there
> when I called getting IV fluids. I don't have any health information but
> if anyone is interested they are willing to take donations to the vet bill
> which is possibly going to be over $300.00. I went ahead and left a
> donation by credit card and everything went smoothly. The vet information
> is:
>
> Reilly Road Animal Hospital
> 695 S Reilly Rd
> Fayetteville, NC 28314-5627
> Phone: (910)864-0606
>
> Pam, I hope you don't get mad at me.
>
> Julie Cook

Tanada
December 24th 04, 12:55 AM
Julie Cook wrote:

> Since Pam hadn't responded to any messages last night I figured she's
> busy with Berfert and Rob and everything else she has on her plate
> lately. So I called the last contact I had for a vet that they used.
> Berfert was there when I called getting IV fluids. I don't have any
> health information but if anyone is interested they are willing to take
> donations to the vet bill which is possibly going to be over $300.00. I
> went ahead and left a donation by credit card and everything went
> smoothly. The vet information is:
>
> Reilly Road Animal Hospital
> 695 S Reilly Rd
> Fayetteville, NC 28314-5627
> Phone: (910)864-0606
>
> Pam, I hope you don't get mad at me.
>
> Julie Cook


Julie,

How could I get mad at you. I've been stressing out over Berfert's TED
bill. So far it's at $440, and could be rising. I was worried that
they wouldn't take another post dated check, but they didn't quibble
about it. I suspect that Julie is part of the reason.

Berfert is doing a little better, and a little worse. His temperature
has dropped to 93F, instead of the normal 99-101 range of a healthy cat.
However, he's improved enough to yowl hoarsely at us, He sounds like
a man with a tooth ache. Mike got some KMR into him after we got home,
and Berfert says that the heating pad is too hot.

We are doing what we can to keep him hydrated and get nourishment into
him. We have a long way to go, but TED said that he's more hopeful than
he felt yesterday. Mike seems more hopeful too.

Pam S.

Christina Websell
December 24th 04, 01:38 AM
"Tanada" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Julie Cook wrote:
>
>> Since Pam hadn't responded to any messages last night I figured she's
>> busy with Berfert and Rob and everything else she has on her plate
>> lately. So I called the last contact I had for a vet that they used.
>> Berfert was there when I called getting IV fluids. I don't have any
>> health information but if anyone is interested they are willing to take
>> donations to the vet bill which is possibly going to be over $300.00. I
>> went ahead and left a donation by credit card and everything went
>> smoothly. The vet information is:
>>
>> Reilly Road Animal Hospital
>> 695 S Reilly Rd
>> Fayetteville, NC 28314-5627
>> Phone: (910)864-0606
>>
>> Pam, I hope you don't get mad at me.
>>
>> Julie Cook
>
>
> Julie,
>
> How could I get mad at you. I've been stressing out over Berfert's TED
> bill. So far it's at $440, and could be rising. I was worried that they
> wouldn't take another post dated check, but they didn't quibble about it.
> I suspect that Julie is part of the reason.
>
> Berfert is doing a little better, and a little worse. His temperature has
> dropped to 93F, instead of the normal 99-101 range of a healthy cat.
> However, he's improved enough to yowl hoarsely at us, He sounds like a
> man with a tooth ache. Mike got some KMR into him after we got home, and
> Berfert says that the heating pad is too hot.
>
> We are doing what we can to keep him hydrated and get nourishment into
> him. We have a long way to go, but TED said that he's more hopeful than
> he felt yesterday. Mike seems more hopeful too.
>
> Pam S.
>
It isn't good that his temperature is so low, bordering on hyperthermia. Do
you have an electric blanket on your bed/if so slip him under the covers
when it's been on for half an hour and leave it on longer while he's lying
on it.
If you don't make him a hot water bottle and put it next to him.
When Kitty FC went missing a while ago her temperature was subnormal when I
found her. I knew how serious a subnormal temperature can be and the vets
sorted her out.
I would suggest if you cannot raise Berfert's temperature to near normal,
you need to get advice quickly.
Purrs for Berfy

Tweed

Monique Y. Mudama
December 24th 04, 01:53 AM
On 2004-12-24, Christina Websell penned:
>
> It isn't good that his temperature is so low, bordering on hyperthermia. Do
> you have an electric blanket on your bed/if so slip him under the covers
> when it's been on for half an hour and leave it on longer while he's lying
> on it. If you don't make him a hot water bottle and put it next to him.
> When Kitty FC went missing a while ago her temperature was subnormal when I
> found her. I knew how serious a subnormal temperature can be and the vets
> sorted her out. I would suggest if you cannot raise Berfert's temperature
> to near normal, you need to get advice quickly. Purrs for Berfy

A friend tipped me off to a great warming tool that isn't as messy as a hot
water bottle. Simply fill a tightly-woven sock (we used the ones you use to
make sock monkeys) with uncooked rice and tie the end. Microwave sock, put
near body, ahhhhhh.

You might have to be careful not to make it *too* hot for Berfert, but it will
hold warmth for quite a while. Great for arthritis, sore muscles, bad backs,
etc, too.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Pat
December 24th 04, 02:39 AM
"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
...
> Simply fill a tightly-woven sock (we used the ones you use to
> make sock monkeys) with uncooked rice and tie the end. Microwave sock,
put
> near body, ahhhhhh.

Salt will hold the heat a lot longer than rice.

Monique Y. Mudama
December 24th 04, 02:54 AM
On 2004-12-24, Pat penned:
>
> "Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Simply fill a tightly-woven sock (we used the ones you use to make sock
>> monkeys) with uncooked rice and tie the end. Microwave sock,
> put
>> near body, ahhhhhh.
>
> Salt will hold the heat a lot longer than rice.

Sure, but salt is more likely to work its way out than rice. I've had this
sock for a year ... Also, salt won't stay nice and malleable like rice will.

And the rice smells pleasant, at least to me.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Pat
December 24th 04, 02:59 AM
"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
...
> On 2004-12-24, Pat penned:
> >
> > "Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
> > ...
> >> Simply fill a tightly-woven sock (we used the ones you use to make sock
> >> monkeys) with uncooked rice and tie the end. Microwave sock,
> > put
> >> near body, ahhhhhh.
> >
> > Salt will hold the heat a lot longer than rice.
>
> Sure, but salt is more likely to work its way out than rice. I've had
this
> sock for a year ... Also, salt won't stay nice and malleable like rice
will.
>
> And the rice smells pleasant, at least to me.

Salt is odorless. You can use a tightly woven cloth or towel rather than a
sock.

Monique Y. Mudama
December 24th 04, 03:15 AM
On 2004-12-24, Pat penned:
>
> "Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On 2004-12-24, Pat penned:
>> >
>> > "Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
>> > ...
>> >> Simply fill a tightly-woven sock (we used the ones you use to make sock
>> >> monkeys) with uncooked rice and tie the end. Microwave sock,
>> > put
>> >> near body, ahhhhhh.
>> >
>> > Salt will hold the heat a lot longer than rice.
>>
>> Sure, but salt is more likely to work its way out than rice. I've had
> this
>> sock for a year ... Also, salt won't stay nice and malleable like rice
> will.
>>
>> And the rice smells pleasant, at least to me.
>
> Salt is odorless. You can use a tightly woven cloth or towel rather than a
> sock.

My approach works for me, and I already have one =) If you guys want to stuff
your socks with rice, salt, or tuna fish, it's all the same to me =) I do
think that salt clumps in humid areas.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Pat
December 24th 04, 03:47 AM
"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
...
> salt clumps in humid areas.

heating it drives out the moisture

jmcquown
December 24th 04, 10:15 AM
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-12-24, Pat penned:
>>
>> "Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> On 2004-12-24, Pat penned:
>>>>
>>>> "Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message
>>>> ...
>>>>> Simply fill a tightly-woven sock (we used the ones you use to
>>>>> make sock monkeys) with uncooked rice and tie the end. Microwave
>>>>> sock,
>>>> put
>>>>> near body, ahhhhhh.
>>>>
>>>> Salt will hold the heat a lot longer than rice.
>>>
>>> Sure, but salt is more likely to work its way out than rice. I've
>>> had this sock for a year ... Also, salt won't stay nice and
>>> malleable like rice will.
>>>
>>> And the rice smells pleasant, at least to me.
>>
>> Salt is odorless. You can use a tightly woven cloth or towel rather
>> than a sock.
>
> My approach works for me, and I already have one =) If you guys want
> to stuff your socks with rice, salt, or tuna fish, it's all the same
> to me =) I do think that salt clumps in humid areas.

Rice is a common additive to keep salt shakers in humid areas running free,
so you're a bit backwards on that. However, what works for you works for
you. Claws IN, ladies :)

Jill

polonca12000
December 24th 04, 12:53 PM
Continued purrs and best wishes for Berfert and hugs for his worried humans,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Julie,
>
> How could I get mad at you. I've been stressing out over Berfert's TED
> bill. So far it's at $440, and could be rising. I was worried that
> they wouldn't take another post dated check, but they didn't quibble
> about it. I suspect that Julie is part of the reason.
>
> Berfert is doing a little better, and a little worse. <snip>