PDA

View Full Version : Ping Vino

Bill Stock
December 26th 04, 08:05 PM
I hope you and your parents survived the earthquake OK.

Bill

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
December 26th 04, 09:27 PM
>I hope you and your parents survived the earthquake OK.
>
>Bill

Yes, please check in Vino!!

helen s

**$om $

MaryL
December 26th 04, 09:37 PM
"Bill Stock" > wrote in message
>I hope you and your parents survived the earthquake OK.
>
> Bill

They are fine. Look under the thread "Ping Britta" for Britta's report.

MaryL

Jo Firey
December 26th 04, 09:41 PM

> "Bill Stock" > wrote in message
>>I hope you and your parents survived the earthquake OK.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> They are fine. Look under the thread "Ping Britta" for Britta's report.
>
> MaryL
Thank Bast.

Jo

Tanada
December 26th 04, 10:18 PM
Bill Stock wrote:

> I hope you and your parents survived the earthquake OK.
>
> Bill

OMG! There was an earthquake in Thailand? Hope that everyone's ok and
that the over all damage is minimal. Purrs to everyone over there.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Five + Mozart the Kamikaze kitten, and
Speedy the D-thing

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
December 26th 04, 10:22 PM
>OMG! There was an earthquake in Thailand? Hope that everyone's ok and
>that the over all damage is minimal. Purrs to everyone over there.
>
>Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Five + Mozart the Kamikaze kitten, and
>Speedy the D-thing

Not in Thailand itself. It was out at sea and as a result serious tsunamis
around much of the Indian Ocean coasts of several countries. Sadly *Thousands*
killed :-(

See

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4125481.stm

I'm lighting a candle tonight. It's a truly sad day.

helen s

**$om $

badwilson
December 27th 04, 03:31 AM
"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" > wrote
in message ...
> >OMG! There was an earthquake in Thailand? Hope that everyone's ok
and
> >that the over all damage is minimal. Purrs to everyone over there.
> >
> >Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Five + Mozart the Kamikaze kitten,
and
> >Speedy the D-thing
> >

> Not in Thailand itself. It was out at sea and as a result serious
tsunamis
> around much of the Indian Ocean coasts of several countries. Sadly
*Thousands*
> killed :-(
>
> See
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4125481.stm
>
> I'm lighting a candle tonight. It's a truly sad day.
>
> helen s

Yes, it is extremely sad. Dennis couldn't sleep so he went and
watched BBC at 5am. When he came back to bed he said the death toll
was up to 11,000. It was the biggest earthquake in 40 years. But
it's not only the deaths, it's also the destruction of so many
beautiful coastal areas. Picturesque beaches that we have been to
many times will not be so nice for a long time. Also, I'm worried
about what a tsunami does to the coral reefs underwater. It can't be
good.
I haven't heard back from the dive operator that we went on our trip
with last week. I can only hope everyone there's ok. We met many
nice people and I'd hate for anyone to be hurt. There are many divers
supposedly missing. It is so scary to think about that we were just
there a week ago.
We are also worried about this oil rig that was being towed from
Singapore to Myanmar waters. They can't have swells greater than 1
meter or it could topple over. We wrote emails to Yangon but haven't
heard either. I guess Dennis will see how this affected Myanmar when
he goes back to work on Tuesday. Very scary.
Thanks for thinking of us, you guys. But we are fine and didn't feel
a thing here. We are very lucky.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Sherry
December 27th 04, 06:54 AM
>see how this affected Myanmar when
>he goes back to work on Tuesday. Very scary.
>Thanks for thinking of us, you guys. But we are fine and didn't feel
>a thing here. We are very lucky.
>--
>Britta

Britta! I am so relieved to look here and see a post from you. I was worried
after I read the news. Purrs to all affected. Poor people, I am so sad for
them, and animals too.

Sherry

CK
December 27th 04, 10:14 AM
badwilson wrote:
<snip>
> I haven't heard back from the dive operator that we went on our trip
> with last week. I can only hope everyone there's ok. We met many
> nice people and I'd hate for anyone to be hurt. There are many divers
> supposedly missing. It is so scary to think about that we were just
> there a week ago.
> We are also worried about this oil rig that was being towed from
> Singapore to Myanmar waters. They can't have swells greater than 1
> meter or it could topple over. We wrote emails to Yangon but haven't
> heard either. I guess Dennis will see how this affected Myanmar when
> he goes back to work on Tuesday. Very scary.
> Thanks for thinking of us, you guys. But we are fine and didn't feel
> a thing here. We are very lucky.
<snip>

One reason why you haven't heard back from them might be that AFAIR you
*emailed* them with your inquiry on their wellbeing and their computers,
electricity and connections may be down, even tho the ppl may have made
it OK.

I'm glad you're all OK and I hope all your friends are OK too.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Jeanette
December 27th 04, 10:38 PM
badwilson > wrote in message

> We are also worried about this oil rig that was being towed from
> Singapore to Myanmar waters. They can't have swells greater than 1
> meter or it could topple over.

If the rig was already in deep water, it should be OK. The wave doesn't get
big until it hits the coastal shelf.

Jeanette