PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Nose injury!

Manda Panda
December 26th 04, 10:52 PM
Hi! I am new to the group and I have 6 cats in my home. We went to my
parents on Christmas day and when we returned my oldest, Patches (6),
had a horrible injury on his nose. Not a lot of blood but the middle
of his nose between the nostrils looks like it's just had a big chunk
of skin removed. It is painful enough to the point that he isn't
eating much (but he could stand to lose a bit of weight anyway). I
think it just hurts to chew since it moves his nose as well. I want to
put antibiotic cream on it but I know he'll just lick it off. We used
a warm wet paper towel and cleaned it when we saw it and today I put a
little cream on it. I think this was the result of a cat fight with
one of the other cats since he is also limping a bit too (I think he
sprained his ankle). My husband just lost his job so I can't afford to
take him to the vet right now, and I don't really think there is
anything he can do for him anyway. We have him by himself in a room
with all he needs and cuddles when we can. Any suggestions?

Zythophile
December 26th 04, 11:01 PM
"Manda Panda" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi! I am new to the group and I have 6 cats in my home.

Welcome to the group.

> We went to my
> parents on Christmas day and when we returned my oldest, Patches (6),
> had a horrible injury on his nose. Not a lot of blood but the middle
> of his nose between the nostrils looks like it's just had a big chunk
> of skin removed. It is painful enough to the point that he isn't
> eating much (but he could stand to lose a bit of weight anyway). I
> think it just hurts to chew since it moves his nose as well. I want to
> put antibiotic cream on it but I know he'll just lick it off. We used
> a warm wet paper towel and cleaned it when we saw it and today I put a
> little cream on it. I think this was the result of a cat fight with
> one of the other cats since he is also limping a bit too (I think he
> sprained his ankle).

Do cats have ankles?

> My husband just lost his job so I can't afford to
> take him to the vet right now, and I don't really think there is
> anything he can do for him anyway. We have him by himself in a room
> with all he needs and cuddles when we can. Any suggestions?

If you are in the UK, look up yout local People's Dispensary for Sick
Animals www.pdsa.org.uk. If not, I assume that there is a similar
organisation in your country. In the Western/Minority World, no animal
should be denied vetinary care because its owners are not flush.

Good luck
51° 37' 23" N, 3° 56' 27" W