PDA

View Full Version : Email problem to Divamanque

Howard Berkowitz
December 30th 04, 03:38 AM
Sorry, I tried to reply, but I got an Earthlink opt-in to send mail. As
an Internet engineer, I won't register with that sort of blocker -- it
is a terrible technical technique that gives false security, and will
paralyze email if it becomes widespread.

You might suggest to Earthlink, your ISP, that they might be bright
enough to write software that notes the addressee of your outgoing
email, and automatically puts that into a whitelist.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
December 31st 04, 05:01 AM
Howard Berkowitz wrote:
> Sorry, I tried to reply, but I got an Earthlink opt-in to send mail. As
> an Internet engineer, I won't register with that sort of blocker -- it
> is a terrible technical technique that gives false security, and will
> paralyze email if it becomes widespread.
>
> You might suggest to Earthlink, your ISP, that they might be bright
> enough to write software that notes the addressee of your outgoing
> email, and automatically puts that into a whitelist.

No problem - I check my "Suspect E-Mail" daily, so any that
is in reply to one of mine gets moved to my mail box. (You
did get my reply, didn't you?)

Howard Berkowitz
December 31st 04, 05:46 AM
In article >, wrote:

> Howard Berkowitz wrote:
> > Sorry, I tried to reply, but I got an Earthlink opt-in to send mail. As
> > an Internet engineer, I won't register with that sort of blocker -- it
> > is a terrible technical technique that gives false security, and will
> > paralyze email if it becomes widespread.
> >
> > You might suggest to Earthlink, your ISP, that they might be bright
> > enough to write software that notes the addressee of your outgoing
> > email, and automatically puts that into a whitelist.
>
> No problem - I check my "Suspect E-Mail" daily, so any that
> is in reply to one of mine gets moved to my mail box. (You
> did get my reply, didn't you?)

I got one message from you and replied, and the only thing that came
back was an auto-generated message from Earthlink telling me to sign
into their website and authenticate myself.