PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat

Jim Vandenberger
December 30th 04, 07:19 PM
Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat

2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
Shooting Stray Cat

The Associated Press

Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
shoot and kill a stray cat.

The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
their store.

Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
Department report said.

All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.

"We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
said.

A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.

Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.

Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

Erik
December 30th 04, 08:29 PM
If the courts don't deal with them correctly, someone out there will.

"Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
> Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
>
> 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
> Shooting Stray Cat
>
> The Associated Press
>
> Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
> animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
> shoot and kill a stray cat.
>
> The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
> released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
> and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
> to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
> their store.
>
> Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
> store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
> Department report said.
>
> All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
> without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
> Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
>
> "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
> action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
> said.
>
> A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
> placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
> after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
>
> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>
> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

Mathew Kagis
December 30th 04, 08:40 PM
"Erik" > wrote in message
news:jAZAd.11783$Q%[email protected]

> > Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
> > employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
> > it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
> >
> > Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.
> >

> > > If the courts don't deal with them correctly, someone out there will.

..... I'll voulunteer.... Might have trouble getting my Katana over the US
border. Anyone on the American side able to lend me a sword????
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

blkcatgal
December 30th 04, 10:31 PM
Just one more reason why I will not shop at Wal-Mart.

S.

"Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
> Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
>
> 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
> Shooting Stray Cat
>
> The Associated Press
>
> Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
> animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
> shoot and kill a stray cat.
>
> The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
> released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
> and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
> to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
> their store.
>
> Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
> store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
> Department report said.
>
> All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
> without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
> Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
>
> "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
> action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
> said.
>
> A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
> placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
> after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
>
> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>
> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

buick
December 30th 04, 11:35 PM
If you'd like to speak your mind, look up Christopher Andersons phone number
at whitepages.com.

"Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
> Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
>
> 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
> Shooting Stray Cat
>
> The Associated Press
>
> Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
> animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
> shoot and kill a stray cat.
>
> The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
> released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
> and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
> to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
> their store.
>
> Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
> store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
> Department report said.
>
> All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
> without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
> Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
>
> "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
> action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
> said.
>
> A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
> placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
> after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
>
> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>
> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

Magic Mood Jeep©
December 30th 04, 11:39 PM
Mathew Kagis wrote:
> "Erik" > wrote in message
> news:jAZAd.11783$Q%[email protected]
>

>>> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
>>> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
>>> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>>>
>>> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

> .... I'll voulunteer.... Might have trouble getting my Katana over
> the US border. Anyone on the American side able to lend me a
> sword???? --
> Mathew
> Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat
> En Vino Veritas

We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
handguns in the house - - and we live in IN.... it's VERY tempting, not only
the 2 brainless 'assistant managers' that did the deed, but for the 'store
manager' that ordered it done.

I did a bit of searching, and found an online "store feedback form" for
Wal-Mart... I suggest as many people as possible fill one out & click
submit, to they will learn that "we are not amused" by this happening

http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore/wmstores/Container.jsp?template=OnlineForm.jsp

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

jacquie0
December 31st 04, 12:09 AM
Mathew Kagis wrote:

> "Erik" > wrote in message
> news:jAZAd.11783$Q%[email protected]
>

>>>Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
>>>employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
>>>it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>>>
>>>Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

> .... I'll voulunteer.... Might have trouble getting my Katana over the US
> border. Anyone on the American side able to lend me a sword????

Need some company? At the very least, they should get exactly what they
did to that poor cat done to them! Then again, so should the store
manager who told them to do it in the first place.

Erik
December 31st 04, 03:37 AM
You mean one of these Andersons???

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Find_Person?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=Christopher&name=Anderson&city_zip=&state_id=IN

"buick" > wrote in message
> If you'd like to speak your mind, look up Christopher Andersons phone
> number at whitepages.com.
>

> "Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
>> Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
>>
>> 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
>> Shooting Stray Cat
>>
>> The Associated Press
>>
>> Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
>> animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
>> shoot and kill a stray cat.
>>
>> The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
>> released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
>> and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
>> to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
>> their store.
>>
>> Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
>> store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
>> Department report said.
>>
>> All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
>> without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
>> Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
>>
>> "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
>> action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
>> said.
>>
>> A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
>> placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
>> after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
>>
>> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
>> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
>> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>>
>> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

Darmok
December 31st 04, 12:36 PM
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:39:31 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> wrote:

>I did a bit of searching, and found an online "store feedback form" for
>Wal-Mart... I suggest as many people as possible fill one out & click
>submit, to they will learn that "we are not amused" by this happening
>
>http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore/wmstores/Container.jsp?template=OnlineForm.jsp

Just fired off a complaint ... if their britches aren't smoldering
when they finish reading it, I'd be surprised.

I am totally outraged at this. Wal-Mart was to begin construction of
a store in my home town this upcoming year (2005). I may lead a
protest against it.

Magic Mood Jeep©
December 31st 04, 01:07 PM
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4035116/detail.html?treets=ind&tid=2654501061813&tml=ind_7am&tmi=ind_7am_1_06050212312004&ts=H

Wal-Mart Fires 3 Workers After Cat Killed
Police: Two Followed Manager's Orders To Shoot Animal
POSTED: 6:52 am EST December 30, 2004
EVANSVILLE, Ind. -- Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to shoot
and kill a stray cat.

The men, both assistant managers at the store, were arrested and released
after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29, and Jeffrey
Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them to get rid of the
animal that was living in a storage trailer behind their store.
Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the store
until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Department
report said.
"We were sickened by this cruelty," Kevin D. Miller, regional vice president
for the Arkansas-based retailer, said in a news release Thursday.
"After an internal investigation, we terminated the three associates we know
to be involved," the release said. The company did not name the employees
who were fired.
The company also plans to donate $10,000 to split between the Vanderburgh
County and Warrick County Humane Societies in Indiana, the release said.
A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees placing
what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day after he heard
workers joking about shooting the cat.
Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his employees
to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax it from the
trailer failed, according to a police report.
Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

------------

Also, I wish I had cut-n-pasted what I wrote to them. I asked if this "
'manager' had his head up his ass" and wheter or not he had heard of Animal
Control, Humane Society, ASPCA, etc., and wished the same treatment to them
that they gave the cat.

Darmok wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:39:31 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> > wrote:
>

>> I did a bit of searching, and found an online "store feedback form"
>> for Wal-Mart... I suggest as many people as possible fill one out &
>> click
>> submit, to they will learn that "we are not amused" by this happening
>>
>> http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore/wmstores/Container.jsp?template=OnlineForm.jsp
>>

> Just fired off a complaint ... if their britches aren't smoldering
> when they finish reading it, I'd be surprised.
>
> I am totally outraged at this. Wal-Mart was to begin construction of
> a store in my home town this upcoming year (2005). I may lead a
> protest against it.

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Frank Pittel
December 31st 04, 01:15 PM
Why's that?? Of course you've already made up your mind about not going to
Wal-Mart and are using this incident to justify it to yourself. What happened
at the store will most likely end up with everyone involved getting fired
from Wal-Mart and the legal prosecution of those that broke any laws.

I think Wal-Mart is doing a good job in dealing with this and is to commended
for their response. I don't think that the chain should be held responsibile
for the actions of an ignorant manager and a couple of employees.

In rec.pets.cats.health+behav blkcatgal > wrote:
: Just one more reason why I will not shop at Wal-Mart.

: S.

: "Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
: >
[...]

-------------------

Frank Pittel
December 31st 04, 01:24 PM
: > wrote:

: >I did a bit of searching, and found an online "store feedback form" for
: >Wal-Mart... I suggest as many people as possible fill one out & click
: >submit, to they will learn that "we are not amused" by this happening
: >
: >http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore/wmstores/Container.jsp?template=OnlineForm.jsp
: >
: >

: Just fired off a complaint ... if their britches aren't smoldering
: when they finish reading it, I'd be surprised.

: I am totally outraged at this. Wal-Mart was to begin construction of
: a store in my home town this upcoming year (2005). I may lead a
: protest against it.

I think we should wait until Wal-Mart is finished investigating the incident.
In this days of lawsuites over anything and everything they need to be sure
that what is claimed to have happened actually did. Remember Wal-Mart has
a lot of stores and a lot of managers and can't be held responsible when a
single manager does something stupid.

If the story turns out to be true and those involved don't get fired then I
will no longer shop at any of their stores again.

-------------------

.oO rach Oo.
December 31st 04, 01:32 PM
I agree. Walmart is the devil in my opinion. This just cements my belief.

--
..oO rach Oo.

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> Just one more reason why I will not shop at Wal-Mart.
>
> S.
>
> "Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
>> Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
>>
>> 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
>> Shooting Stray Cat
>>
>> The Associated Press
>>
>> Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
>> animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
>> shoot and kill a stray cat.
>>
>> The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
>> released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
>> and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
>> to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
>> their store.
>>
>> Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
>> store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
>> Department report said.
>>
>> All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
>> without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
>> Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
>>
>> "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
>> action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
>> said.
>>
>> A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
>> placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
>> after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
>>
>> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
>> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
>> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>>
>> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

Cat Protector
January 1st 05, 02:52 AM
These managers should be shot to death themselves with a pellet gun. I hope
these people get what's coming to them. I feel so bad for that poor kitty
which did nothing to them.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
> Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
>
> 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
> Shooting Stray Cat
>
> The Associated Press
>
> Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
> animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
> shoot and kill a stray cat.
>
> The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
> released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
> and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
> to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
> their store.
>
> Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
> store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
> Department report said.
>
> All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
> without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
> Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
>
> "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
> action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
> said.
>
> A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
> placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
> after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
>
> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>
> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

Cat Protector
January 1st 05, 02:55 AM
Playing devil's advocate in this one. These guys were just workers and the
original story did say Walmart was outraged by the actions of these
employees. I recommend people write to Walmart to find out what actions they
are taking. If they side with the employees then I'd launch a nationwide
protest.

--

"Darmok" > wrote in message
> I am totally outraged at this. Wal-Mart was to begin construction of
> a store in my home town this upcoming year (2005). I may lead a
> protest against it.

Gary
January 1st 05, 10:26 AM
> We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
> garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
> handguns in the house

That says it all. No guns, the cat probably would not have been shot.

Gary.
PS - In the UK, and without wanting to start an off topic rant / flame war,
I believe the USA attitude to gun ownership is completely disgusting and
dangerous.

Gary
January 1st 05, 10:30 AM
"Gary" > wrote in message
. ..
>> We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
>> garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
>> handguns in the house

Also, just curious, why do you feel the need to own such an arsenal of
weaponry? There must be dozens of situations in youe household which could
result in accidental or non accidental death from that lot. I could not
sleep at night if I was ware of such items in my house.

Gary.

Gary Stone
January 1st 05, 11:49 AM
"Gary" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>> We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
>>> garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
>>> handguns in the house
>

> Also, just curious, why do you feel the need to own such an arsenal of
> weaponry? There must be dozens of situations in youe household which
> could result in accidental or non accidental death from that lot. I could
> not sleep at night if I was ware of such items in my house.
>
> Gary.
Now, Gary, you know our government, would you really like our citizens to be
defenseless against it? ;-) "The evangelicals are coming, the evangelicals
are coming!!!"

A hand held howitzer would be nice.

Stone

Ivor Jones
January 1st 05, 11:55 AM
Gary Stone wrote:

[snip]

> Now, Gary, you know our government, would you really like our
> citizens to be defenseless against it? ;-) "The evangelicals are
> coming, the evangelicals are coming!!!"
>
> A hand held howitzer would be nice.

Could have done with one of those in my time as a bus driver, particularly
at school chucking out time ;-)

Ivor

buick
January 1st 05, 09:09 PM
Look up the zip code too :) Youll find THE anderson.

"Erik" > wrote in message
news:CR3Bd.12201$Q%[email protected]
> You mean one of these Andersons???
>
> http://www.whitepages.com/search/Find_Person?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=Christopher&name=Anderson&city_zip=&state_id=IN
>
> "buick" > wrote in message
>> If you'd like to speak your mind, look up Christopher Andersons phone
>> number at whitepages.com.
>>

>> "Jim Vandenberger" > wrote in message
>>> Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
>>>
>>> 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
>>> Shooting Stray Cat
>>>
>>> The Associated Press
>>>
>>> Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
>>> animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
>>> shoot and kill a stray cat.
>>>
>>> The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
>>> released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
>>> and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
>>> to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
>>> their store.
>>>
>>> Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
>>> store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
>>> Department report said.
>>>
>>> All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
>>> without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
>>> Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
>>>
>>> "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
>>> action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
>>> said.
>>>
>>> A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
>>> placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
>>> after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
>>>
>>> Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
>>> employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
>>> it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
>>>
>>> Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.

Frank Pittel
January 2nd 05, 04:42 AM
In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Gary > wrote:
: > We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
: > garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
: > handguns in the house

: That says it all. No guns, the cat probably would not have been shot.

: Gary.
: PS - In the UK, and without wanting to start an off topic rant / flame war,
: I believe the USA attitude to gun ownership is completely disgusting and
: dangerous.

They shot the cat with a pellet gun. I don't know about the UK a pellet
gun is considered a toy for children.

-------------------

Frank Pittel
January 2nd 05, 04:50 AM
In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Cat Protector > wrote:
: Playing devil's advocate in this one. These guys were just workers and the
: original story did say Walmart was outraged by the actions of these
: employees. I recommend people write to Walmart to find out what actions they
: are taking. If they side with the employees then I'd launch a nationwide
: protest.

The results of Walmart's investigation in the matter has resulted in the
termination of the three people involved. They also pledged to donate $10,000
to animal shelters local to the store involved. They also promised to
cooperate with local authorities in regards to this matter. While I feel that
Walmart did a lot of what they did to try and blunt any damage to their
public image over the matter. I do believe that the upper management of
Walmart disapprove of killing of cats outside their stores by employees. I
also don't think that blaming a large corporation like Walmart for the
actions of the ignorant and cruel actions of three employees.

To make a long story short Walmart didn't side with the employees and did
what was the right thing to do in the situation.

-------------------

Gary
January 2nd 05, 10:08 AM
> They shot the cat with a pellet gun. I don't know about the UK a pellet
> gun is considered a toy for children.

Not something a responsible parent would give to a kid. Point taken though.

Gary.

Gary
January 2nd 05, 10:10 AM
> You consider that an "arsenal"? That's a fairly typical American
> household.
> You'd probably soil your underwear in my house.

> (3) .22 cal rifles
> (2) 12 ga shotguns
> (1) 30-30 lever action rifle
> (1) Colt AR-15 5.56mm "assault rifle"
> (1) .308 bolt action "sniper rifle"
> (1) .357 magnum revolver (always loaded)
> (2) .40 cal semi auto pistols (always loaded)
> (2) .22 cal pistols
> (1) .25 cal pistol
> with hundreds or thousands of rounds for each one
> and (1) attack cat.

Judging by your list, you are probably right, I would almost certainly soil
my underwear. It is absolute madness.

G.

idseer
January 2nd 05, 04:03 PM
so much news ... so many idiots.

"Max Mustermann" > wrote in message
age.info...
> In article >
> Jim Vandenberger > wrote:
>
> Let's hope there is more happening to these morons that just a firing.
> This is the usual WalMart, or any other corp for that matter, saying that
> they are "appalled" etc. Let's hope the courts deal out some heavy duty
> punishment rather than a slap on the wrist for these dopes. Heavy fines,
> some jail time is the only resolution that should be accepted.
> I think until WalMart makes more of a definitive statement on this, they
> need to know that lots of people are watching and waiting........with
> dollars in hand for them or another store.
> I have written several letters to them. They can be contacted on their
> website at:
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=121283&path=0:5436:121264:
> 121283

Mary
January 2nd 05, 04:32 PM
"idseer" > wrote in message
> so much news ... so many idiots.

lol!

Erik
January 2nd 05, 05:00 PM
You don't need to say things like that. Last time I checked, anyone and
everyone on here has a right to express how they feel, not call names. But I
must admit, I did get carried away with this based on emotions and the
thought of that poor kitty. I am far from a lawmaker, but I wish there was
such a thing as an eye for an eye rule sometimes.

"idseer" > wrote in message
> so much news ... so many idiots.
>

> "Max Mustermann" > wrote in message
> age.info...
>> In article >
>> Jim Vandenberger > wrote:
>>
>> Let's hope there is more happening to these morons that just a firing.
>> This is the usual WalMart, or any other corp for that matter, saying that
>> they are "appalled" etc. Let's hope the courts deal out some heavy duty
>> punishment rather than a slap on the wrist for these dopes. Heavy fines,
>> some jail time is the only resolution that should be accepted.
>> I think until WalMart makes more of a definitive statement on this, they
>> need to know that lots of people are watching and waiting........with
>> dollars in hand for them or another store.
>> I have written several letters to them. They can be contacted on their
>> website at:
>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=121283&path=0:5436:121264:
>> 121283

Dave
January 3rd 05, 01:49 AM
In message > "idseer"
> wrote:

>i don't know about others, but outlook express puts the curser at the top in
>my reply setup so i would assume that is the preferred way. i do understand
>the idea of a reply coming AFTER the post in question tho.
>it surprises me how upset some people (not saying you do) get over this.

The top of the window is the correct place for the cursor, otherwise
you'd need to move the cursor to the top of the window manually to start
trimming the unneeded text.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Mary
January 3rd 05, 01:57 AM
"idseer" > wrote in message
> i don't know about others, but outlook express puts the curser at the top
in
> my reply setup so i would assume that is the preferred way. i do
understand
> the idea of a reply coming AFTER the post in question tho.
> it surprises me how upset some people (not saying you do) get over this.

It just makes it damned near impossible to figure out who said what
in a long thread. Not that big a deal.

Arjun Ray
January 3rd 05, 11:38 AM
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:49:30 -0700, Dave wrote:
> In message > "idseer"
> > wrote:
>
>>i don't know about others, but outlook express puts the curser at the top in
>>my reply setup so i would assume that is the preferred way.

> The top of the window is the correct place for the cursor, otherwise
> you'd need to move the cursor to the top of the window manually to start
> trimming the unneeded text.

Outhouse Excess does more than place the cursor at the top. It places the
cursor at the beginning of a *newly opened a blank line*, inviting people
to start typing, rather than trimming. The other readers which place the
cursor at the top don't open that extra blank line, so that you have to do
at least something before you have space to type - and it becomes clear
what that something you have to do is.

To give you some idea of how complete a piece of sh*t OE is, most other
readers have a "select quote" feature. Before invoking the "followup"
action (toolbar button, the 'F' key, whatever), drag the cursor over the
part you want to quote, and then invoke the editor window: just the part
you selected will be formatted with an attribution line, the rest already
trimmed away for you, and the cursor on a new line below the quote.

Microsoft, despite its billions, will never implement this, of course.
Their goal is to moronize you.

and puts the curaor at the beginning

Mary
January 3rd 05, 04:27 PM
"Arjun Ray" > wrote in message
id...
> On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:49:30 -0700, Dave wrote:
> > In message > "idseer"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>i don't know about others, but outlook express puts the curser at the
top in
> >>my reply setup so i would assume that is the preferred way.
>
> > The top of the window is the correct place for the cursor, otherwise
> > you'd need to move the cursor to the top of the window manually to start
> > trimming the unneeded text.
>
> Outhouse Excess does more than place the cursor at the top. It places the
> cursor at the beginning of a *newly opened a blank line*, inviting people
> to start typing, rather than trimming.

No it doesn't.

Arjun Ray
January 4th 05, 04:41 AM
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:27:47 +0000, Mary wrote:
> "Arjun Ray" > wrote in message
> id...

>> Outhouse Excess does more than place the cursor at the top. It places the
>> cursor at the beginning of a *newly opened blank line*, inviting people
>> to start typing, rather than trimming.
>
> No it doesn't.

It most certainly does, as of Version 6.00.2800.1106, which comes with the
IE SP1 download for Win2k/XP.

For extra credit, see what happens when you set up a default sig.

1. Go to Tools -> Options -> Signatures
2. Click on the "New" button.
3. Enter some text in the text field at the bottom (or choose a file).
4. Check the box "Add signatures to all outgoing messages".
5. UNCHECK the box "Don't add signatures to Replies and Forwards".
6. Click "OK"

Now, try following up to any message. What do you see?

Everything quoted.
Your sig ABOVE(!!) all the quotage.
The cursor blinking on a BLANK LINE above the sig.

And, needless to say, still no select-quote feature, no color coding, no
nothing.

What a hopeless, worthless piece of trash. Even with OEQuote-fix.

Mary
January 4th 05, 05:49 AM
"Arjun Ray" > wrote in message
id...
> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:27:47 +0000, Mary wrote:
> > "Arjun Ray" > wrote in message
> > id...
>
> >> Outhouse Excess does more than place the cursor at the top. It places
the
> >> cursor at the beginning of a *newly opened blank line*, inviting people
> >> to start typing, rather than trimming.
> >
> > No it doesn't.
>
> It most certainly does, as of Version 6.00.2800.1106, which comes with the
> IE SP1 download for Win2k/XP.

Mine doesn't.