PDA

View Full Version : Cats with Earrings

Ruby Tuesday
January 2nd 05, 03:38 AM
I went to the museum the other day, and saw a reproduction of Bast, sitting
there with an earrings in her ears. I'm wondering, did the ancient
Egyptians
put earrings in their cats' ears? (No, I have no plans on starting a new
trend.)

Thanks,

- Ruby Tuesday

Cat Protector
January 3rd 05, 03:59 AM
I do not think they did. Bast or Bastet was the god/goddess of cats and were
only depicted as being seen with earrings. Cats were possibly adorned with
other garb. Besides piercing a cat's ears would cause the cat pain and the
ancient Egyptians viewed that harming a cat was a crime and they were
punished if they did so.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Ruby Tuesday" > wrote in message
>I went to the museum the other day, and saw a reproduction of Bast, sitting
> there with an earrings in her ears. I'm wondering, did the ancient
> Egyptians
> put earrings in their cats' ears? (No, I have no plans on starting a new
> trend.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday