PDA

View Full Version : Litter flinging

Barbara Byrd
January 11th 05, 08:06 PM
Marco had become adept and flinging his litter across the laundry room to a
spectacular trajectory. I've tried getting him an enclosed litter box, but
he refuses to use it and just goes outside the entrance. I don't get it
because if I have a paper bag in the kitchen, you know who gets in there
immediately and has a good old time. So how do I either a) get him to use
the enclosed litter box or b) get him to stop flinging the litter to the
four winds? I am tired of that crunchy feeling under my slipper every time
I want to wash a load.

Doug Kanter
January 11th 05, 08:21 PM
"Barbara Byrd" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Marco had become adept and flinging his litter across the laundry room to
> spectacular trajectory. I've tried getting him an enclosed litter box, but
> he refuses to use it and just goes outside the entrance. I don't get it
> because if I have a paper bag in the kitchen, you know who gets in there
> immediately and has a good old time. So how do I either a) get him to use
> the enclosed litter box or b) get him to stop flinging the litter to the
> four winds? I am tired of that crunchy feeling under my slipper every time
> I want to wash a load.

How about making sort of a tray out of a large cardboard box, with sides a
few inches higher than the litter box, but without a top? Maybe that'll
catch more of the litter. Or, just ask him to cut it out.

Justin
January 16th 05, 01:41 PM
"Barbara Byrd" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Marco had become adept and flinging his litter across the laundry room to
> spectacular trajectory. I've tried getting him an enclosed litter box, but
> he refuses to use it and just goes outside the entrance. I don't get it
> because if I have a paper bag in the kitchen, you know who gets in there
> immediately and has a good old time. So how do I either a) get him to use
> the enclosed litter box or b) get him to stop flinging the litter to the
> four winds? I am tired of that crunchy feeling under my slipper every time
> I want to wash a load.

Hey! My kitten does this too. Every time I change the litter, he goes in
there and digs out a few scoops onto the carpet. He doesn't get much
distance, but he is still young :)

I thought maybe he was trying to tell me I was overfilling the box or
something, but I think he just enjoys digging and making a mess for me to
clean up.

Justin

Patscga
January 18th 05, 05:40 PM

>I thought maybe he was trying to tell me I was overfilling the box or
>something

That's a thought. Perhaps you all are putting in too much litter.
About the enclosed box, is there a way you can use it without the lid for a
while until he gets used to it, then put the lid on? I've seen some like that.

Pat