PDA

View Full Version : something new in cat shows

Mimi Forsyth
January 12th 05, 06:02 AM
I went to a TICA cat show (USA) the other day & was amused to see a "cat
agility" arena, a fenced (plastic mesh) area containing tunnels, ramps,
ladders, & hoops for participating cats to run through. They can get ribbons
for this. Half the cats ran outside the tunnels, leaped off the ramps (they
don't like walking down ramps) & generally showed the thing for the farce it
was. My favorite cat kept trying to climb the (about 8 ft) mesh fences to get
out.
Maybe dogs like "performing" on such obstacle courses..but it seems to me cats
already know they're the most agile creatures on the planet. And we love them
because they don't "perform"!

www.mimiforsyth.com

Cat Protector
January 12th 05, 07:29 PM
When I went to our last cat show my Icarus was spitting, hissing and sqiping
at all the judges. A judge in the last ring suggested that he might be just
perfect for the agility test as his personality was perfect for it. Icarus
certainly has proved his agility as he is always trying to climb the
enclosed cat barrier on the back porch. Yesterday he actually scaled part of
a wall very quickly to climb over it but I was there to catch him. It was
amazing to see this but Japanese Bobtails are known to be powerful jumpers
due to their hind legs.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com