PDA

View Full Version : Microchips

Deborah Yarbrough
February 17th 05, 03:30 AM
What is everyones ideas on the microchip. Is it worth it for a indoor only
cat? DeborahY

Cat Protector
February 17th 05, 04:49 AM
I think so. If your cat gets out he/she can be identified if picked up by
animal rescue or if someone finds your cat and brings he/she to a vet.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Deborah Yarbrough" > wrote in message
> What is everyones ideas on the microchip. Is it worth it for a indoor
> only cat? DeborahY

Deborah Yarbrough
February 17th 05, 06:15 AM
Thanks for your input. I think I will go ahead and micro chip her. DeborahY
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I think so. If your cat gets out he/she can be identified if picked up by
>animal rescue or if someone finds your cat and brings he/she to a vet.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
> www.panthertekit.com
> "Deborah Yarbrough" > wrote in message
>> What is everyones ideas on the microchip. Is it worth it for a indoor
>> only cat? DeborahY

BC
February 17th 05, 10:56 AM
Deborah Yarbrough wrote:
> Thanks for your input. I think I will go ahead and micro chip her. DeborahY
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>I think so. If your cat gets out he/she can be identified if picked up by
>>animal rescue or if someone finds your cat and brings he/she to a vet.
>>
>>--
>>Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
>>www.catgalaxymedia.com
>>
>>Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
>>www.panthertekit.com
>>"Deborah Yarbrough" > wrote in message
>>
>>>What is everyones ideas on the microchip. Is it worth it for a indoor
>>>only cat? DeborahY

There is also now a "Bio-thermal" microchip availiable which as well as
containing a unique number to your pet, also displays its temperature,
eliminating the need for a rectal thermometer. This one costs about 30
in England. I also think microchipping is a MUST regardless of whether
your cat is an indoor or outdoor pet, as you never know whether they may
escape or be let out in a burglary. Chipping over here is also cheaper
if done at the time of neutering.

--
Badger Badger Badger

mlbriggs
February 17th 05, 05:27 PM
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 03:30:40 +0000, Deborah Yarbrough wrote:

> What is everyones ideas on the microchip. Is it worth it for a indoor only
> cat? DeborahY

A good idea -- We never know what the future will bring. MLB

Cartlon Shew
February 24th 05, 11:42 PM
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:49:55 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>I think so. If your cat gets out he/she can be identified if picked up by
>animal rescue or if someone finds your cat and brings he/she to a vet.

Someone on one of these groups suggested that sometimes they can
bother the cat.

Is there anything to it?

L. Ron Waddle
February 26th 05, 07:53 AM
On 2005-02-24, Cartlon Shew > wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:49:55 -0700, "Cat Protector"
>>I think so. If your cat gets out he/she can be identified if picked up by
>>animal rescue or if someone finds your cat and brings he/she to a vet.
>
> Someone on one of these groups suggested that sometimes they can
> bother the cat.
>
> Is there anything to it?

My cats do not appear bothered. Their collars bother them, but not
their microchips. Now, inserting the microchip bothered them. That is a
*big* needle! But not the microchip itself.

My cats however were full grown fat moggies and had plenty of loose
skin and fat to place the microchip in. A leaner breed like a Siamese
might have more of an issue.

- Elron