PDA

View Full Version : flying cats from Canada to UK

Steve
February 20th 05, 04:44 PM
Hi
I moved back to the UK from Canada a few months ago and am now almost
ready to bring my cats over, having had them vaccinated, etc. Does
anyone know which airline would be able to fly them over from Winnipeg
to Gatwick or any other London airport? Any idea of the cost?

Tx, Steve

Judy
February 21st 05, 02:28 AM
"Steve" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi
> I moved back to the UK from Canada a few months ago and am now almost
> ready to bring my cats over, having had them vaccinated, etc. Does
> anyone know which airline would be able to fly them over from Winnipeg
> to Gatwick or any other London airport? Any idea of the cost?
>
> Tx, Steve

Air Canada ships to Heathrow.

http://www.aircanada.com/cargo/en/products/animals.html

Click on Pets Travelling to the UK at the bottom for the shipping
guidelines.

Sorry, but I have no idea of the cost. You'll have to contact the airline.

Just curious, why didn't you check into this stuff prior to leaving the
country?

Anyway, all the best to you and I hope that if you have them shipped over to
the UK, that they have a safe trip.

Judy in Canada.

Steve
February 21st 05, 10:32 AM
Judy wrote:
> "Steve" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi
> > I moved back to the UK from Canada a few months ago and am now
almost
> > ready to bring my cats over, having had them vaccinated, etc. Does
> > anyone know which airline would be able to fly them over from
Winnipeg
> > to Gatwick or any other London airport? Any idea of the cost?
> >
> > Tx, Steve
>
> Air Canada ships to Heathrow.
>
> http://www.aircanada.com/cargo/en/products/animals.html
>
> Click on Pets Travelling to the UK at the bottom for the shipping
> guidelines.
>
> Sorry, but I have no idea of the cost. You'll have to contact the
airline.

> Just curious, why didn't you check into this stuff prior to leaving
the
> country?
>
> Anyway, all the best to you and I hope that if you have them shipped
over to
> the UK, that they have a safe trip.
>
> Judy in Canada.

Thanks for that. I had to leave the cats in Canada thanks to incorrect
info. I was given by DEFRA the Govt. office who handle this. I was
told over the 'phone that the blood test was done six months after the
vaccination and not 48 hours as it should be. So, just before we are
set to go we learn that the cats need another six months in Canada
before they can come over and we had already booked our airline
tickets.

Steve