PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bengal Cats:are they hybrids or are they true domestic cats?

Hemmaholic
February 26th 05, 03:13 AM
First, the Bengal Breed was developed by crossing the ASIAN LEOPARD CAT
with a short haired domestic. That makes the Bengal both a hybrid as
well as a domestic cat. The eat the same thing any other domestic
breed eats and are subject to the same ailments as any other domestic
breed.

They are are very intelligent animal, most have a fondness for water
and have been known to take a swim in the bathtub (with or without)
their owner present, and to actually join their owners in the shower!

They love to play and some can be taught to fetch, as well as many
other "parlor" tricks.

Secondly, they are a recognised breed and eligable for show and Grand
Champoin status.

And last but not least, they make fantastic companion animals and
become very attached to their owners.

Do a search for "Bengal Breed History" and see what you come up with,
it should beinteresting.

Hemma

Can Altinbay
February 26th 05, 08:02 PM
"Hemmaholic" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> First, the Bengal Breed was developed by crossing the ASIAN LEOPARD CAT
> with a short haired domestic. That makes the Bengal both a hybrid as
> well as a domestic cat. The eat the same thing any other domestic
> breed eats and are subject to the same ailments as any other domestic
> breed.
>
> They are are very intelligent animal, most have a fondness for water
> and have been known to take a swim in the bathtub (with or without)
> their owner present, and to actually join their owners in the shower!
>
> They love to play and some can be taught to fetch, as well as many
> other "parlor" tricks.
>
> Secondly, they are a recognised breed and eligable for show and Grand
> Champoin status.
>
> And last but not least, they make fantastic companion animals and
> become very attached to their owners.
>
> Do a search for "Bengal Breed History" and see what you come up with,
> it should beinteresting.
>

> Hemma

We have a Bengal mix. OK, it's a mix. He is attached to Joan in an
unweaned kitten kind of way, and needs her and occasionally me to hold his
tail as he sucks it. He loved to play with a fishing pole toy, and is an
excellent jumper. He is also a great mouser.

Despite his together and ferocious appearance, he is a complete coward. He
tries to disappear in the corner of his carrier.

He will develop a cyst or tumor if he gets a shot. I understand this is
common in Bengals.