PDA

View Full Version : Our 4 Year Year Old Kitty Died Out of the Blue!!!!

MOSFET
April 4th 05, 06:12 PM
Hello to all.

We have had a terrible family tragedy. Our most beloved cat, Austin, dies
suddenly yesterday for no apparent reason. He had been acting perfectly
normal and loving like he always does. I went to take a nap (as I often do
on Sunday's) and Austin always lays next to me when I do. When I woke up he
was lying next to me, per usual, curled up and head on a pillow. I started
to pet him and my first thought was, boy, you sure are sleeping deeply
(usually all cats will flinch or wake when they are sleeping and you go to
pet them). I then realized his eyes were half open and he wasn't breathing.

I have NEVER seen anything like this. He must have died in his sleep.
There was no vomit, no urine, no signs of distress. He appears to have
instantly died in his sleep. He was only four years old and was our most
favorite cat of our six cats. Needless to say, my family is in a state of
morning today. My wife is worried that whatever killed Ausin could kill the
other cats, but we had just wormed all our cats so we can pretty much rule
out heart-worms.

My sister-in-law suggested a brain-aneurysm. I thought perhaps massive
heart failure.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Should I be concerned for my other
cats? Any advice or information would be welcome. Thank you very much.

Nick

mlbriggs
April 4th 05, 06:53 PM
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:12:15 -0700, MOSFET wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> We have had a terrible family tragedy. Our most beloved cat, Austin, dies
> suddenly yesterday for no apparent reason. He had been acting perfectly
> normal and loving like he always does. I went to take a nap (as I often
> do on Sunday's) and Austin always lays next to me when I do. When I woke
> up he was lying next to me, per usual, curled up and head on a pillow. I
> started to pet him and my first thought was, boy, you sure are sleeping
> deeply (usually all cats will flinch or wake when they are sleeping and
> you go to pet them). I then realized his eyes were half open and he
> wasn't breathing.
>
> I have NEVER seen anything like this. He must have died in his sleep.
> There was no vomit, no urine, no signs of distress. He appears to have
> instantly died in his sleep. He was only four years old and was our most
> favorite cat of our six cats. Needless to say, my family is in a state of
> morning today. My wife is worried that whatever killed Ausin could kill
> the other cats, but we had just wormed all our cats so we can pretty much
> rule out heart-worms.
>
> My sister-in-law suggested a brain-aneurysm. I thought perhaps massive
> heart failure.
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Should I be concerned for my
> other cats? Any advice or information would be welcome. Thank you very
> much.
>
> Nick

"Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Sincere sympathy in the loss of your beloved pet.

My only suggestion is to talk to your Vet. MLB

Larry Caligan via CatKB.com
April 5th 05, 12:20 PM
So sorry for you. I know the feeling well. I lost my beloved Blanca a month
ago and she was only five years old. I thought I would grieve myself to
death over her and I still miss her so as she was so sweet and lovey-dovey.
She too died very suddenly but not without some symptons, the vet indicated
she had an enlarged heart. My deepest sympathy is with you. P.S. We buried
sweet Blanca in a flower garden next to our house and I often say as I pass
it "hello little darlin' I miss you so. God Bless LarryC