PDA

View Full Version : cats


wai
April 8th 05, 01:29 PM
I have a cat at home which was a male........... but he was so noisy
he will scream every morning when my alarm clock ring......... i have
a question about their teeth....... should i buy a brush for them or i
simply just take him to the dental to do it once a year???

wai

hellokitty
April 8th 05, 02:13 PM
This is your own choice. The best is to brush their teeth every month.
You should remember not give them too much wet food. they need to eat
the solid food more often in order to make their teeth healthy

April 8th 05, 02:16 PM
oh thx for your help i am really appreciate for that.......... did you
have a cat or so???? where do you lean this method from??? i want to
know in case of posting message all the time to ask for help... thx

kaeli
April 8th 05, 04:53 PM
In article . com>,
enlightened us with...
> This is your own choice. The best is to brush their teeth every month.
> You should remember not give them too much wet food. they need to eat
> the solid food more often in order to make their teeth healthy
>
>

Who told you that?

--
--
~kaeli~
If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with
their lights off?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
April 8th 05, 04:56 PM
In article . com>,
enlightened us with...
> This is your own choice. The best is to brush their teeth every month.
> You should remember not give them too much wet food. they need to eat
> the solid food more often in order to make their teeth healthy
>
>

That's debatable.

http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/canned_food.htm
http://www.catcaresociety.org/nutrition.htm
http://www.blakkatz.com/dryfood.html

--
--
~kaeli~
The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather. It moved to
Finland. Now Santa Claus is missing.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

---MIKE---
April 11th 05, 12:35 AM
It's doubtful that dry food will help a cat's teeth. On the other hand,
canned food is needed to keep the urine diluted. Feeding a male cat dry
food exclusively makes him prone to urinary crystals. This can be life
threatening if a blockage occurs.


---MIKE---

Mathew Kagis
April 11th 05, 07:49 AM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
...
> It's doubtful that dry food will help a cat's teeth. On the other hand,
> canned food is needed to keep the urine diluted. Feeding a male cat dry
> food exclusively makes him prone to urinary crystals. This can be life
> threatening if a blockage occurs.
>
>
> ---MIKE---

Agreed.... However, Medi-Cal has a low calorie 'kitty snack' available which
is designed to help with a cat's dental health... My kittens LOVE it.
> --
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat
En Vino Veritas

Judy
April 12th 05, 04:29 AM
"wai" > wrote in message
om...
>I have a cat at home which was a male........... but he was so noisy
> he will scream every morning when my alarm clock ring......... i have
> a question about their teeth....... should i buy a brush for them or i
> simply just take him to the dental to do it once a year???
>
> wai

Google can be your friend if you are looking for answers. You can also ask
your vet.