PDA

View Full Version : About h0p - The End of The Story

Dee
June 10th 05, 03:54 PM
Some of you will remember me and h0p. h0p is my 12 1/2 year old former
feral cat who has been my heart and inspiration for these last many years.
It's my hope that in my lifetime I can show the bravery, courage, and
grace that he has shown in fighting a heart murmer, toxoplasmosis, severe
seizures, and a faulty liver. It seems just yesterday that he was "that
little grey tuxedo kitten" hiding under a car in the parking lot, waiting
to try and scavenge food from the dumpster. h0p has slowed down alot,
but still sleeps beside me every night. I find him nuzzled under my chin
in the morning, with his paws around my arm.

h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long road,
and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will be when I
return home without him.

Dee

Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy

Karin Gillette
June 10th 05, 04:14 PM
Hugs for taking in the little guy and making his life better. Bless you as
you help him transition to the next world.

"Dee" > wrote in message
d.edu...
> Some of you will remember me and h0p. h0p is my 12 1/2 year old former
> feral cat who has been my heart and inspiration for these last many years.
> It's my hope that in my lifetime I can show the bravery, courage, and
> grace that he has shown in fighting a heart murmer, toxoplasmosis, severe
> seizures, and a faulty liver. It seems just yesterday that he was "that
> little grey tuxedo kitten" hiding under a car in the parking lot, waiting
> to try and scavenge food from the dumpster. h0p has slowed down alot,
> but still sleeps beside me every night. I find him nuzzled under my chin
> in the morning, with his paws around my arm.
>
> h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
> beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long road,
> and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will be when I
> return home without him.
>
> Dee
>
> Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy

Ebbtide
June 10th 05, 04:27 PM
I am so sad for you. Only pet owners know the pain. I recently put my
beloved dog down. I have a new friend, she will never replace Jake, but we
love her to death.
My thoughts are prayers are with you.

Joyce and her new friend Bandit.

"Dee" > wrote in message
d.edu...
> Some of you will remember me and h0p. h0p is my 12 1/2 year old former
> feral cat who has been my heart and inspiration for these last many years.
> It's my hope that in my lifetime I can show the bravery, courage, and
> grace that he has shown in fighting a heart murmer, toxoplasmosis, severe
> seizures, and a faulty liver. It seems just yesterday that he was "that
> little grey tuxedo kitten" hiding under a car in the parking lot, waiting
> to try and scavenge food from the dumpster. h0p has slowed down alot,
> but still sleeps beside me every night. I find him nuzzled under my chin
> in the morning, with his paws around my arm.
>
> h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
> beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long road,
> and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will be when I
> return home without him.
>
> Dee
>
> Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy

mlbriggs
June 10th 05, 06:33 PM
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:54:34 -0400, Dee wrote:

> Some of you will remember me and h0p. h0p is my 12 1/2 year old former
> feral cat who has been my heart and inspiration for these last many years.
> It's my hope that in my lifetime I can show the bravery, courage, and
> grace that he has shown in fighting a heart murmer, toxoplasmosis, severe
> seizures, and a faulty liver. It seems just yesterday that he was "that
> little grey tuxedo kitten" hiding under a car in the parking lot, waiting
> to try and scavenge food from the dumpster. h0p has slowed down alot, but
> still sleeps beside me every night. I find him nuzzled under my chin in
> the morning, with his paws around my arm.
>
> h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
> beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long road,
> and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will be when I
> return home without him.
>
> Dee
>
> Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy

"

:Rise up slowly, Angel -- it's hard to let you go....."

Sincere condolences . MLB

mlbriggs
June 10th 05, 06:37 PM
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:33:53 +0000, mlbriggs wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:54:34 -0400, Dee wrote:
>
>> Some of you will remember me and h0p. h0p is my 12 1/2 year old former
>> feral cat who has been my heart and inspiration for these last many
>> years. It's my hope that in my lifetime I can show the bravery, courage,
>> and grace that he has shown in fighting a heart murmer, toxoplasmosis,
>> severe seizures, and a faulty liver. It seems just yesterday that he
>> was "that little grey tuxedo kitten" hiding under a car in the parking
>> lot, waiting to try and scavenge food from the dumpster. h0p has slowed
>> down alot, but still sleeps beside me every night. I find him nuzzled
>> under my chin in the morning, with his paws around my arm.
>>
>> h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
>> beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long
>> road, and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will
>> be when I return home without him.
>>
>> Dee
>>
>> Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy
>
> "
>

> :Rise up slowly, Angel -- it's hard to let you go....."
>
> Sincere condolences . MLB

There will also be a d*ggie funeral tomorrow for Durnik, my son's
10 year old Bouvier, who died of cancer. May he rest in peace -- he tried
so hard to get well. MLB

KittyyttiK
June 10th 05, 07:06 PM
And St. Francis asked h0p's spirit

Are you ready to come home?

Oh, yes, quite so, replied h0p's precious soul

And, as a cat, I am most able

To decide anything for myself

Are you coming then? Asked St. Francis

Soon, replied the whiskered angel h0p

But I must come slowly.

For my human friend is troubled.

For you see, she needs me, quite certainly.

But doesn't she understand? asked St. Francis

That you'll never leave her?

That your souls are intertwined for all eternity?

That nothing is created or destroyed?

It just is...forever and ever and ever.

Eventually she will understand,

Replied the glorious h0p,

For I will whisper into her heart

That I am always with her

I just am...forever and ever and ever

Her alley cat, h0p.

"Dee" > wrote in message
d.edu...
> Some of you will remember me and h0p. h0p is my 12 1/2 year old former
> feral cat who has been my heart and inspiration for these last many
> years. It's my hope that in my lifetime I can show the bravery, courage,
> and grace that he has shown in fighting a heart murmer, toxoplasmosis,
> severe
> seizures, and a faulty liver. It seems just yesterday that he was "that
> little grey tuxedo kitten" hiding under a car in the parking lot, waiting
> to try and scavenge food from the dumpster. h0p has slowed down alot,
> but still sleeps beside me every night. I find him nuzzled under my chin
> in the morning, with his paws around my arm.
>
> h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
> beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long road,
> and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will be when
> I return home without him.
>
> Dee
>
> Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy

Bigjoe
June 12th 05, 09:53 AM
"KittyyttiK" > a écrit dans le message de news:

> And St. Francis asked h0p's spirit
> Are you ready to come home?
> Oh, yes, quite so, replied h0p's precious soul
> And, as a cat, I am most able
> To decide anything for myself
>
> Are you coming then? Asked St. Francis
> Soon, replied the whiskered angel h0p
> But I must come slowly.
> For my human friend is troubled.
> For you see, she needs me, quite certainly.
>
> But doesn't she understand? asked St. Francis
> That you'll never leave her?
> That your souls are intertwined for all eternity?
> That nothing is created or destroyed?
> It just is...forever and ever and ever.
>
> Eventually she will understand,
> Replied the glorious h0p,
> For I will whisper into her heart
> That I am always with her
> I just am...forever and ever and ever
>
> Her alley cat, h0p.

Very nice !
Kind regards.

June 14th 05, 04:19 PM
Dear Dee,

Somehow I missed your post, but caught a couple of responses to it.

Yes, I do remember about you and h0p. I am so very sorry for your
loss, and I know the pain is probably almost too much to bear.

h0p was so lucky to have you in his life, that I'm sure you inspired
his bravery and courage. He was a valiant little guy who just kept on
trying and his struggles paid off for quite a long time.

You gave h0p happiness and love, and he couldn't have wanted for
anything else. In return he gave you everything he could, and you will
cherish this as long as you live.

Hold tight the memories, his image, his touch. They will all stay with
you until you once again see him at Rainbow Bridge.

Be good to yourself; h0p would have wanted that...

My heartfelt prayers for you and h0p,

Wayne

Dee wrote:
> Some of you will remember me and h0p. h0p is my 12 1/2 year old former
> feral cat who has been my heart and inspiration for these last many years.
> It's my hope that in my lifetime I can show the bravery, courage, and
> grace that he has shown in fighting a heart murmer, toxoplasmosis, severe
> seizures, and a faulty liver. It seems just yesterday that he was "that
> little grey tuxedo kitten" hiding under a car in the parking lot, waiting
> to try and scavenge food from the dumpster. h0p has slowed down alot,
> but still sleeps beside me every night. I find him nuzzled under my chin
> in the morning, with his paws around my arm.
>
> h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
> beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long road,
> and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will be when I
> return home without him.
>
> Dee
>
> Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy

Dee
June 15th 05, 04:06 AM
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, e wrote:

> Dear Dee,
>
> Somehow I missed your post, but caught a couple of responses to it.
>
> Yes, I do remember about you and h0p. I am so very sorry for your
> loss, and I know the pain is probably almost too much to bear.
>
> h0p was so lucky to have you in his life, that I'm sure you inspired
> his bravery and courage. He was a valiant little guy who just kept on
> trying and his struggles paid off for quite a long time.

Thank you so much Wayne. It means alot to have people understand the
extent of the pain that I feel. I love my cats endlessly, but there will
never be another h0p, for it was I who was lucky to have had him in my
life, and he who inspired courage in me.

Dee

Stormy h0p Sky >^..^<
My Soul and my Inspiration
January 1, 1993 - June 10, 2005

Rise up slowly, Angel - It's hard to let you go...

cat rancher
June 17th 05, 05:54 AM
d.edu...
:
: h0p went into a seizure on Tuesday from which he can't return. My
: beautiful boy will take his last walk this afternoon down that long road,
: and I will be there with him. I can't imagine what my life will be when I
: return home without him.
:
: Dee
:
: Misty, Sam, George, and Ivy

I remember reading about h0p. I'm sorry to hear that he is
gone. We have two ferals, exferals and they are very special
miracle cats and are strange and wonderful. They won't let me
touch them unless I meow first, then they are ok. I hope h0p is
there to greet ours, hopefully years from now.

Dee
June 25th 05, 06:54 AM
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, cat rancher wrote:

> I remember reading about h0p. I'm sorry to hear that he is
> gone. We have two ferals, exferals and they are very special
> miracle cats and are strange and wonderful. They won't let me
> touch them unless I meow first, then they are ok. I hope h0p is
> there to greet ours, hopefully years from now.

Thank you cat rancher. I know exactly what you mean, the feral cats are
amazing and exotic, and incredibly rewarding when they come to trust you.
I hope everyone takes the time to give a home to a feral at some juncture.
I hope to get into fostering ferals when I have a little bit of a larger
place. I'm back up to five cats now, the cat who came to visit for a
week, Isis, will be staying with us. She's all black, 16, tiny, and walks
like a duck - pictures soon! :)

Dee

Misty, Sam, George, Ivy, & Isis

Stormy h0p Sky >^..^<
My Soul and my Inspiration
January 1, 1993 - June 10, 2005

Rise up slowly, Angel - It's hard to let you go...

Dee
June 25th 05, 03:45 PM
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, KittyyttiK wrote:

I just wanted you to know that I was so touched by this that I've

contacted a professional calligrapher to hand write it for me. I'm going

to frame it with a picture of h0p laying in my bed that was taken shortly

before his death. It will go on the wall facing that side of the bed

where he slept with me every night. Can you tell me who wrote this?

Thank you again.

Dee

> And St. Francis asked h0p's spirit
> Are you ready to come home?
> Oh, yes, quite so, replied h0p's precious soul
> And, as a cat, I am most able
> To decide anything for myself

> Are you coming then? Asked St. Francis
> Soon, replied the whiskered angel h0p
> But I must come slowly.
> For my human friend is troubled.
> For you see, she needs me, quite certainly.

> But doesn't she understand? asked St. Francis
> That you'll never leave her?
> That your souls are intertwined for all eternity?
> That nothing is created or destroyed?
> It just is...forever and ever and ever.

> Eventually she will understand,
> Replied the glorious h0p,
> For I will whisper into her heart
> That I am always with her
> I just am...forever and ever and ever
> Her alley cat, h0p.

cat rancher
June 27th 05, 10:23 AM
Dee, I think you understand. The two ferals we have are
almost identical, both ragdolls, but one has a crooked tail.
When they were little and still at their wildest, one of them
bit me so hard that I thought I have a crushed finger joint.
We named them Killer and Snowball. Killer was the one
who bit me. He got away and we don't know which one
it was because they look so much alike. : -) They still cry
for each other some times and once in a while the other
one will run to the other end of the house looking for his
brother. They treat my wife and me like we are cats, after
we do the necessary ritual of meowing and touching their
noses with outstretched fingertips. After that they are the
most affectionate of all. We lost Kissy recently and it was
nice to be able to talk to you.

"Dee" > wrote in message
d.edu...
[...]

June 27th 05, 10:29 AM
"Dee" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> I just wanted you to know that I was so touched by this that I've
> contacted a professional calligrapher to hand write it for me. I'm going
> to frame it with a picture of h0p laying in my bed that was taken shortly
> before his death. It will go on the wall facing that side of the bed
> where he slept with me every night. Can you tell me who wrote this?
> Thank you again.
> Dee

Hello Dee,
Here are some links, I hope you'll like these...
http://www.angelcrafts.net/sagan.html
http://www.foto2cd.com/poems.htm
http://www.petdiabetes.org/inspiration/inspiration2.htm
http://www.anaflora.com/articles/oth-sharon/animal-soul.html
http://www.petwhispers.com/wst_page7.html
http://www.allaboutpetswa.com/till_we_meet_again.htm
http://www.catsontheweb.org/poetry.htm
http://www.animal-lifeline.com/moreinfo.asp
http://englishatheist.org/oamcats.shtml
http://www.cairnrescue.com/rescue/prose/friend.htm
Kind greetings from Belgium, Europe.

cat rancher
June 28th 05, 07:27 AM
My post didn't make sense. Kissy was
another of our cats and I still miss her.

bodacious
August 15th 05, 02:49 AM
We spend our lives preserving relationships and enjoying the results. Then ,
one day, we have to make the decision that a beloved friend has to stop
breathing. And, man it's hard. But we know it's the "right" decision for
them.
Another irony is that it is usually something that causes us pain, like an
illness, an addition to our lives, . Then there's the other kind - the
emptiness, the vacuum, the silence. And it was our strength and
self-sacrifice that caused it.
The pain will slowly go away, be assured of that. Tears will help wash it
away.
My very best wishes to you
Wess Greenleaf

--
Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals, "love" them. But those who
respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them