PDA

View Full Version : Reprieve for the puma

Fritti
June 21st 05, 08:03 PM
Well, they had until today to capture the kittie alive, but so far no new sightings have occurred. However, there have been reports that came with quite detailed descriptions, so the, as it is called, "puma-team" from the Pantera institute, has gotten two more days to try and capture the puma. Thank heaven they've been given more time. The last sighting has been last Friday (06-17), and the team is now camping in a motorhome in the nature park where the kittie is supposedly prowling around. Most of the tracks witnesses have brought them to appeared to be from dogs, but they had found one that seemed to belong to a big cat, so apparently it is out there. Let's hope they'll get the kittie soon, and alive.

Magic Mood Jeep©
June 22nd 05, 02:13 AM
Fritti wrote:
> Well, they had until today to capture the kittie alive, but so far no
> new sightings have occurred. However, there have been reports that
> came with quite detailed descriptions, so the, as it is called,
> "puma-team" from the Pantera institute, has gotten two more days to
> try and capture the puma. Thank heaven they've been given more time.
> The last sighting has been last Friday (06-17), and the team is now
> camping in a motorhome in the nature park where the kittie is
> supposedly prowling around. Most of the tracks witnesses have brought
> them to appeared to be from dogs, but they had found one that seemed
> to belong to a big cat, so apparently it -is- out there. Let's hope
> they'll get the kittie soon, and alive.
>

> --
> Fritti

Exactly where are you, anyway????

If there is a Puma where you are, have there been reports of missing/maimed
livestock and/or pets?

The reason I ask is that there were reports of a large "cougarlike" cat in
my area, but from last I heard, all tracks found were determined (by
experts) to be from dogs. *And* there have been no reports of
livestock/pets going missing and/or getting maimed. If there were such a
cat in our populated area, Fluffy & Fido would make perfect snacks for it.
I'm doubtful that it exists, especially since there are now conflicting
reports on it's color (some say normal cougar coloring, some have said
they've seen black one).

I remember the "giant black wildcat" that one witness purportedly took a
picture of - and upon examining the picture, there was a normal sized bird
(like a crow) several yards further from the camera than the "wildcat" that,
upon examining the photo, determined to be *bigger* than the "giant black
wildcat" - hence the sighting was of a black dometicated cat!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Fritti
June 22nd 05, 04:32 PM
Exactly where are you, anyway????

If there is a Puma where you are, have there been reports of missing/maimed
livestock and/or pets?

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

I'm in the Netherlands, so I don't reckon you'll have to worry too much about your Fluffy and Fido.
And yes, a dead sheep in the nature park where the puma is supposedly prowling about has been the first cause for alarm. And it's actually been seen (the puma I mean), so it actually is out there. As said in the first post ("This did not make me happy"), the only missing report is that of someone reporting he/she is missing a puma, since it does not belong to a zoo. None of the zoos all over the Netherlands have reported a missing puma, so it must have been privately (and illegally) owned. So no wonder nobody stepped forward and said: "Oh yeh, sorry, that's my cat. She slipped away when I wasn't looking."