PDA

View Full Version : Puma on the loose... No, there's TWO!

Fritti
June 27th 05, 03:08 PM
Officials of the Pantera Institute published photos last Saturday of the puma they've been hunting for over two weeks now. It's a black one, so most probably it's not a puma but a panther or a crossing of some sort. It has moved away from the nature park where it was first spotted, and has be re-spotted in some woods a couple of miles furtheron.
However..!
In today's paper was a startling new photo! A photographer who wished to remain anonymous has, in the night of Sunday on Monday, made, with a special night-vision camera, a picture of a loose-roving puma and handed it over to the Pantera officials. A picture of a blonde puma!
Yeesh, our little country is sure seeing some unexpected action! We now have TWO pumas on the loose! Pantera has gotten until August first to capture the one they were after already (the black one), but of course the blonde one will be on the agenda as well (duhh). They have however asked for two more weeks (so that would be until about August 15th). Understandable, if they now have 2 pumas to capture. They have however also said that if they still don't manage after all that time, that one has to be realistic and admit that the cats have been smarter (and aren't all cats smarter than us poor humans, after all :)?).
Wow, this is turning out to be an exciting real-life soap now! If both pumas keep managing to evade capture, I sure hope that they both are either male or female, but not one of each! Imagine what would happen if we have a boy-puma and a girl-puma on the loose, and they would meet and hit it off? Environmentalists sure won't have to worry about breeding in captivity and releasing in nature reservates!
I'll keep y'all informed!
Purrs,
Fritti and his gang.

mlbriggs
June 28th 05, 06:15 PM
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:08:18 +0000, Fritti wrote:

> Officials of the Pantera Institute published photos last Saturday of the
> puma they've been hunting for over two weeks now. It's a black one, so
> most probably it's not a puma but a panther or a crossing of some sort. It
> has moved away from the nature park where it was first spotted, and has be
> re-spotted in some woods a couple of miles furtheron. However..!
> In today's paper was a startling new photo! A photographer who wished to
> remain anonymous has, in the night of Sunday on Monday, made, with a
> special night-vision camera, a picture of a loose-roving puma and handed
> it over to the Pantera officials. A picture of a -blonde- puma! Yeesh, our
> little country is sure seeing some unexpected action! We now have -TWO-
> pumas on the loose! Pantera has gotten until August first to capture the
> one they were after already (the black one), but of course the blonde one
> will be on the agenda as well (duhh). They have however asked for two more
> weeks (so that would be until about August 15th). Understandable, if they
> now have 2 pumas to capture. They have however also said that if they
> still don't manage after all that time, that one has to be realistic and
> admit that the cats have been smarter (and aren't all cats smarter than us
> poor humans, after all :)?). Wow, this is turning out to be an exciting
> real-life soap now! If both pumas keep managing to evade capture, I sure
> hope that they both are either male or female, but not one of each!
> Imagine what would happen if we have a boy-puma and a girl-puma on the
> loose, and they would meet and hit it off? Environmentalists sure won't
> have to worry about breeding in captivity and releasing in nature
> reservates! I'll keep y'all informed!
> Purrs,
> Fritti and his gang.

Two puma (mountain lions) have recently been trapped here in West Valley
Cityand returned to a safer habitat.