PDA

View Full Version : Do cats worry

Donna Barton
July 2nd 05, 07:32 PM
I have 2 cats which will be going into the Cattery whilst we are away.

I always feels awful about leaving them, do you think cats bear grudges?

Do they have a concept of time?

How long do cats remember you for. I always have this fear that i will come
back they wont remember me.

Donna

mlbriggs
July 2nd 05, 11:34 PM
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:32:51 +0000, Donna Barton wrote:

> I have 2 cats which will be going into the Cattery whilst we are away.
>
> I always feels awful about leaving them, do you think cats bear grudges?
>
> Do they have a concept of time?
>
> How long do cats remember you for. I always have this fear that i will
> come back they wont remember me.
>
> Donna

When I was in the hospital for 13 days for my first hip operation, my
Princess was slightly cautious when I was brought home in a wheelchair.
But after carefully sniffing around for a few minutes she jumped into my
lap and said "I missed you".

Karen M.
July 3rd 05, 12:24 AM
Donna wrote:
> I have 2 cats which will be going into the Cattery whilst we are away.
>
> I always feels awful about leaving them, do you think cats bear grudges?
>
> Do they have a concept of time?
>
> How long do cats remember you for. I always have this fear that i will come
> back they wont remember me.

My old cat (she was 15+ at the time) had not seen my mother for months.
Ma came to visit, sat in a chair. Cat sniffed around, walked back and
forth telling her "I want up on your lap."

I think they don't have much of a time sense (although they sure know
when it's Time to Eat!!) but they'll be glad when you're back. None of
mine holds a grudge (e.g. keep your tail away from my feet and you
won't get it stepped on!) but they do learn.

Enjoy your trip, bring 'em a souvenir.

HTH

--Karen M.

William Hamblen
July 3rd 05, 01:46 AM
On 2005-07-02, Donna Barton > wrote:
> I have 2 cats which will be going into the Cattery whilst we are away.
>
> I always feels awful about leaving them, do you think cats bear grudges?
>
> Do they have a concept of time?
>
> How long do cats remember you for. I always have this fear that i will come
> back they wont remember me.

I expect they will be glad to see you when you get back.

The only concept of time my cats have is feeding time.

--
e-Harmony.com called the cops after I sent in my personality profile.