PDA

View Full Version : John's Mom had a Fall :(

jmcquown
August 19th 05, 12:08 PM
He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital. It
seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face are
damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her on
the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming to
dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure appears
to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.

John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other property.
Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.

Jill

Exocat
August 19th 05, 12:27 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the
> hospital. It
> seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands
> outstretched
> to try to break her fall.

Spare purrs en route accordingly.

G & the FF

kilikini
August 19th 05, 12:41 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital.
It
> seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
> to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face
are
> damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her
on
> the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming
> dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
> falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
> No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure
appears
> to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
> but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other
property.
> Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

Sorry to hear that, Jill, but it's better that she's in a cared-apartment
setting than back at her old house in Rochester. How long would it have
taken someone to find her at her old house? I'm glad John brought her to
Arkansas. My thoughts go out to the three of you.

kili

Adrian
August 19th 05, 12:44 PM
jmcquown wrote:
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the
> hospital. It seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no
> hands outstretched to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose,
> some bones in her face are damaged and her eyes are blackened and
> swollen shut. The nurse found her on the floor of her apartment when
> she came around to see if she was coming to dinner in the dining room
> of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember falling at all. They
> were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication. No idea why she
> passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure appears to be
> under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
> but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other
> property. Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

Purrs for John's mother, I'm glad she was living somewhere she could be
found.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~
August 19th 05, 01:08 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital.
It
> seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
> to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face
are
> damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her
on
> the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming
> dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
> falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
> No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure
appears
> to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
> but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other
property.
> Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.

Purrs headin' to "Rachacha" towards John. And since I'm so close, I'll hand
deliver them!!

--

. )) -::-
. .))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau

> Jill

Victor Martinez
August 19th 05, 01:16 PM
jmcquown wrote:
> No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure appears

Lots of purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

jmcquown
August 19th 05, 01:50 PM
kilikini wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the
>> hospital. It seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no
>> hands outstretched to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose,
>> some bones in her face are damaged and her eyes are blackened and
>> swollen shut. The nurse found her on the floor of her apartment
>> Jill
>
> Sorry to hear that, Jill, but it's better that she's in a
> cared-apartment setting than back at her old house in Rochester. How
> long would it have taken someone to find her at her old house? I'm
> glad John brought her to Arkansas. My thoughts go out to the three
> of you.
>
> kili

Thanks, kili. Yes, it's a good thing he moved her to Arkansas. Lord only
knows how long it would have taken for anyone to find her. She wasn't
exactly friendly with her neighbors. I'm sure she'll be okay, will just
take some time.

Jill

Kreisleriana
August 19th 05, 03:41 PM
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 06:08:20 -0500, "jmcquown"
> yodeled:

>He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital. It
>seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
>to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face are
>damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her on
>the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming to
>dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
>falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
>No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure appears
>to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
>but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
>John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other property.
>Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
>Jill

Oh my goodness! How dreadful. Purrs for John and his Mom. And for
you, too.

Theresa

Melissa Houle
August 19th 05, 04:58 PM

> > Sorry to hear that, Jill, but it's better that she's in a
> > cared-apartment setting than back at her old house in Rochester. How
> > long would it have taken someone to find her at her old house? I'm
> > glad John brought her to Arkansas. My thoughts go out to the three
> > of you.
> >
> > kili
>
> Thanks, kili. Yes, it's a good thing he moved her to Arkansas. Lord only
> knows how long it would have taken for anyone to find her. She wasn't
> exactly friendly with her neighbors. I'm sure she'll be okay, will just
> take some time.
>
> Jill

Yes, if she's blacking out and falling without apparent reasons, it's much
better that she's in a place with lots of other people and staff on hand to
help her when she needs it. Purrs that she'll mend soon. It sounds very
painful for poor Gretchen.

Melissa

August 19th 05, 06:35 PM
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 06:08:20 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital. It
>seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
>to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face are
>damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her on
>the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming to
>dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
>falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
>No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure appears
>to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
>but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
>John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other property.
>Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
>Jill

(Looking around pockets for spare purrs). Ah, found some! ;-)

Purrs that John's mom recovers swiftly and fully.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Krista
August 19th 05, 08:16 PM
jmcquown wrote:
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital.
(snipped)

Lots of purrs are heading out.
------
Krista

Helen Miles
August 19th 05, 10:32 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other property.
> Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

She won't be getting spare purrs from here...she'll be getting the
proper full-on kind! ;o)

Purrs and hugs that she's on the mend soon.

Helen M

Smokie Darling (Annie)
August 20th 05, 01:02 AM
Helen Miles wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>

> > John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other property.
> > Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
> >
> > Jill
>
> She won't be getting spare purrs from here...she'll be getting the
> proper full-on kind! ;o)
>
> Purrs and hugs that she's on the mend soon.
>
> Helen M

Yeah, what Helen said. Goes double.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

badwilson
August 20th 05, 03:10 AM
jmcquown wrote:
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the
> hospital. It seems she passed out and fell right on her face with
no
> hands outstretched to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose,
> some bones in her face are damaged and her eyes are blackened and
> swollen shut. The nurse found her on the floor of her apartment
when
> she came around to see if she was coming to dinner in the dining
room
> of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember falling at all.
They
> were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication. No idea why she
> passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure appears to be
> under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
> but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other
> property. Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess it's a good thing she wasn't in her
old home, alone. Many purrs for John and his mom.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

polonca12000
August 20th 05, 01:24 PM
That's so scary! I do hope they find out why she passed out and that it can
be treated.
Lots of healing purrs and best wishes for her to not be in too much pain,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital.
It
> seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
> to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face
are
> damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her
on
> the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming
> dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
> falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
> No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure
appears
> to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
> but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other
property.
> Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

Christina Websell
August 20th 05, 06:14 PM
Sorry to hear Mom has had such a nasty fall. Purrs that she soon feels
better and they find out what caused it.

Tweed

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital.
> It
> seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
> to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face
> are
> damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her
> on
> the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming
> dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
> falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
> No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure
> appears
> to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
> but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other
> property.
> Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

Sam Nash
August 21st 05, 01:44 AM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> He spent Wednesday and a good bit of yesterday with her at the hospital.
> It
> seems she passed out and fell right on her face with no hands outstretched
> to try to break her fall. She has a broken nose, some bones in her face
> are
> damaged and her eyes are blackened and swollen shut. The nurse found her
> on
> the floor of her apartment when she came around to see if she was coming
> dinner in the dining room of the nursing home. Gretchen doesn't remember
> falling at all. They were giving her IV fluids and some pain medication.
> No idea why she passed out. She's been eating. Her blood pressure
> appears
> to be under control. She's going back to her apartment at the home today
> but will have a nurse with her at all times until she recovers.
>
> John flies to Rochester tomorrow to deal with her house and other
> property.
> Spare purrs for her would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

That's scary, Jill. We're sending purrs and prayers for Gretchen.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe