PDA

View Full Version : Update on the stray kitty!

kilikini
August 20th 05, 06:00 PM
Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She knows
there's a tomorrow. :~)

kili

http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

Christina Websell
August 20th 05, 06:11 PM
"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

She is already looking so much better. You've done really well with her, I
doubt she would have lasted much longer if you hadn't taken pity on her.
Now, I'm no cat expert, but she looks like a "pet quality" flame-point
Siamese to me.

Tweed

Adrian
August 20th 05, 06:52 PM
kilikini wrote:
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst,
> but she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow.
> She knows there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

It's good to see her looking so much better, I hope her vet visit goes
well next week.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Denise Clere
August 20th 05, 07:04 PM
she's turning into a beauty.
"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

Ann
August 20th 05, 07:33 PM
She is looking better already.You are doing a good thing helping her.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

Exocat
August 20th 05, 08:12 PM
"kilikini" > wrote
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst,
> but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)
> kili
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

Haven't you done well with her? She's _so_ much better!
Part of the tummy could well be worms (gaining weight too)
but next week's visit to TED will soon sort that out.

I'm delighted for you both.

Purrs

Gordon & the FF

Kreisleriana
August 20th 05, 10:51 PM
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> yodeled:

>Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
>she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She knows
>there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
>kili
>
>http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

OMG, you can already see a real difference!!

Bless you. What a lovely little girl she's going to be.

Theresa

mlbriggs
August 20th 05, 11:01 PM
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 +0000, kilikini wrote:

> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> knows there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

she looks Siamese! Purrs for her staying in her forever home and being
healthy and happy. MLB

Takayuki
August 20th 05, 11:59 PM
Kreisleriana > wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> yodeled:
>
>>http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
>

>OMG, you can already see a real difference!!
>
>Bless you. What a lovely little girl she's going to be.

She *is* very beautiful. I like her look of "Are you my hoomin? I
really like you."

jmcquown
August 21st 05, 01:08 AM
kilikini wrote:
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst,
> but she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow.
> She knows there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

She's looking soooo much better! Here's to a good vet check next week!

Jill

Chris Havlicek
August 21st 05, 01:45 AM
kilikini wrote:
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

Aww....and good to see that she's staying around...:)

Purrs and good thoughts for a good TED visit on the 27th, and even
more purrs and good thoughts to you for taking the wee bit in and
giving her the attention and care she needs.

Chris, Tripper, Katie, and Hazard

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:26 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> > Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> > she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> > knows
> > there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> > kili
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
> >

> She is already looking so much better. You've done really well with her,
> doubt she would have lasted much longer if you hadn't taken pity on her.
> Now, I'm no cat expert, but she looks like a "pet quality" flame-point
> Siamese to me.
>
> Tweed

Thanks, Tweed!

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:27 AM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
> > Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst,
> > but she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow.
> > She knows there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> > kili
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
>
> It's good to see her looking so much better, I hope her vet visit goes
> well next week.
> --

Thanks Adrian, I hope so too. I just wish I didn't have to wait a week.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:28 AM
"Denise Clere" > wrote in message
> she's turning into a beauty.

When she completely fills out, I think she's just going to be gorgeous.
Thanks for the comment.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:28 AM
"Ann" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> She is looking better already.You are doing a good thing helping her.
> Ann

Thanks!

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:29 AM
"Exocat" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote
> > Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst,
> > but
> > she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> > knows
> > there's a tomorrow. :~)
> > kili
> > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
>
> Haven't you done well with her? She's _so_ much better!
> Part of the tummy could well be worms (gaining weight too)
> but next week's visit to TED will soon sort that out.
>
> I'm delighted for you both.
>
> Purrs

I'm sure she has worms. Don't know what she's been eating, but now less
than a week and the vet can give me all the answers to my questions. I just
love her.

kili
> Gordon & the FF

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:30 AM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> > yodeled:
>
> >Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> >she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
knows
> >there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> >kili
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
> >

> OMG, you can already see a real difference!!
>
> Bless you. What a lovely little girl she's going to be.

Thanks. We had a thundestorm tonight so I chose to bring her inside. I've
isolated her in the back bedroom. She's sleeping like a baby. She's happy.

kili

Kim
August 21st 05, 03:30 AM
She's beautiful!... and looks so content. I do hope she joins your family.

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:31 AM
"Takayuki" > wrote in message
> Kreisleriana > wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> > yodeled:
> >
> >>http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
> >

> >OMG, you can already see a real difference!!
> >
> >Bless you. What a lovely little girl she's going to be.
>
> She *is* very beautiful. I like her look of "Are you my hoomin? I
> really like you."

I brought her inside today. It's a good thing although my other two aren't
real pleased. She's isolated in the back bedroom until her vet appointment
in a week. I hope she doesn't mind a room for now.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:32 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 +0000, kilikini wrote:
>
> > Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> > she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
> > knows there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> > kili
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
>

> she looks Siamese! Purrs for her staying in her forever home and being
> healthy and happy. MLB

Yeah, I think she's part Siamese; her face is triangular and she's got
coloring on her tail and face. That and her eyes are blue tell me that
much, anyway.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:32 AM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
> > Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst,
> > but she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow.
> > She knows there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> > kili
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
>
> She's looking soooo much better! Here's to a good vet check next week!
>
> Jill

Thanks, sweetie! Got my fingers (and paws) crossed. :~)

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 03:33 AM
"Chris Havlicek" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> kilikini wrote:
> > Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> > she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
knows
> > there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> > kili
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
> >

> Aww....and good to see that she's staying around...:)
>
> Purrs and good thoughts for a good TED visit on the 27th, and even
> more purrs and good thoughts to you for taking the wee bit in and
> giving her the attention and care she needs.
>
> Chris, Tripper, Katie, and Hazard

Thanks, Chris. Now the problem will be getting all my critters adjusted.
How does one go about doing that????

kili

badwilson
August 21st 05, 03:43 AM
kilikini wrote:
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst,
> but she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no
tomorrow.
> She knows there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

Oh wow, she does look a lot better already. Just imagine how great
she'll be after her vet appt. and a few more weeks of good feeding and
brushings.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Gabey8
August 21st 05, 03:57 AM
She's such a beauty. I'm so glad she found you -- her guardian angel must
have led her to your door.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Marina
August 21st 05, 04:16 AM
kilikini wrote:
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)

She looks so much better already. Glad to hear that she is starting to
trust you and the food bowls. I see further on in the thread that you
took her inside. We will be purring for the integration to go well, and
also for the vet's appointment.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Gandalf
August 21st 05, 06:28 AM
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
>she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She knows
>there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
>kili
>
>http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

She's a very, very lucky cat to have found you! She looks starved close
to death in the early pictures! She must not have hunting skills, poor
Kitty, who was trying to feed a litter, too!

She looks SOOO much better now! I do hope her vet visit turns up nothing
bad (except the 'usual', completely curable parasites...) and she lives
a very long, healthy and happy life with you.

I do believe you've already saved her life; so you both deserve a good
vet report and treatment.

She's got the makings of an absolutely >>gorgeous kitty<< already; I've
never seen blue eyes that color before! Saying 'ice blue' just doesn't
do them justice!

Purrs coming for both of you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Steve Touchstone
August 21st 05, 07:16 AM
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
>she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She knows
>there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
>kili
>
>http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

She certainly looks better ;-) Thanks for taking such good care of her
- though she's probably all the reward you'll ever need.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Steve Touchstone
August 21st 05, 09:36 AM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:33:15 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Thanks, Chris. Now the problem will be getting all my critters adjusted.
>How does one go about doing that????

The lucky ones just plop the new cat cat, and after a little sniffing
out and the occassional hiss the cats work things out for themselves.
With me, when I brought Spotty inside she had a couple problems, so
things didn't go quite so moothly. First, she was obviously a first
time momma, and didn't want Sammy or Little Bit anywhere near her
babies. Also, she was awfuly skinny and had a real problem if anyone
else tried to eat - to the point where she would guard the food bowl
and chase anyone who tried to eat. The third problem was that I didn't
really want to let her in until I could be sure she didn't have any
diseases which could be given to my girls.

In fact, I started out a lot like you're doing, planning on keeping
her and her babies outside until I could get them vetted and found
homes for them all. Her kittens were around 8 weeks old when she
finally brought them around to my patio, and I wanted to keep and
socialize them a couple weeks before sending them all off to good
homes. I lucked out, as my vet wanted a couple kittens and had a
patient who wanted a third, so only had one who I had to find a home
for, and two people at work wanted her. I wanted to find another home
for Spotty at first, but am now happy that I didn't ;-)

Anyway, back to the topic, with Spotty I kept her and my girls
separate the first couple weeks unless I was around. I live in a small
one bedroom apartment, not exactly ideal for this sort of thing, but
managed by keeping the bedroom door closed. I swapped them around
between the rooms so everyone was used to the different scents. Over
time, I let them into the same room more often, and just gradually
increased the time until I felt they could be left together. She's
still not 100% integrated as far as LB goes, but she and Sammy play
together, and LB is coming around and lately has even been seen
grooming Spotty.

I've heard of others who had much more trouble bringing in a cat into
an established family, and if you really have problems I know you can
get advice from the folks who have dealt with that. I remember reading
about someone who had a bedroom (?) door replaced with a screen door
so the cats would all get used to the sight and scent of the new cat
during a difficult integration. I didn't have to go to that length,
but did put rubber mats on each side of my bedroom door since there
was some carpet pulled up by those on the opposing sides trying to get
in the other room.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Steve Touchstone
August 21st 05, 09:36 AM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:30:09 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Thanks. We had a thundestorm tonight so I chose to bring her inside. I've
>isolated her in the back bedroom. She's sleeping like a baby. She's happy.

The old storm ploy - both Little Bit and Spotty used that one on me to
get me to let them inside LOL Once they made it inside they were here
to stay, of course. I belive it was four months before Little Bit
would venture out after getting inside, and Spotty still won't come
out when I put everyone's collar on and I take Sammy and LB out for
their supervised visits to the OUT. In fact, I had a break in recently
and the crooks left the window wide open, and I found Spotty sitting
in the window looking out and not indicating any desire to actually Go
out.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Steve Touchstone
August 21st 05, 09:36 AM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:31:17 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>I brought her inside today. It's a good thing although my other two aren't
>real pleased. She's isolated in the back bedroom until her vet appointment
>in a week. I hope she doesn't mind a room for now.

Good, now you won't have to keep going out every half hour to check on
her - that's how Spotty got in, too, I let her in out of a thundertorm
with her babies. I had to keep her separate for a few days, also,
until they were all vetted. As I said up thread, my girls and she
didn't get along well at first, but they're getting along much better
now.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

kilikini
August 21st 05, 09:38 AM
"Kim" > wrote in message
> She's beautiful!... and looks so content. I do hope she joins your family.

Thank you, Kim!

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 09:38 AM
> Oh wow, she does look a lot better already. Just imagine how great
> she'll be after her vet appt. and a few more weeks of good feeding and
> brushings.
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

I know. She is so affectionate. I'm totally falling in love with this
kitty.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 09:39 AM
"Gabey8" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> She's such a beauty. I'm so glad she found you -- her guardian angel must
> have led her to your door.
>
> Donna, Captain, and Stanley

I wonder how she found *me* and what led her to my door. My MIL says I must
have a feline sign up. :~)

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 09:40 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
> > Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> > she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
knows
> > there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> She looks so much better already. Glad to hear that she is starting to
> trust you and the food bowls. I see further on in the thread that you
> took her inside. We will be purring for the integration to go well, and
> also for the vet's appointment.

She's isolated in a bedroom now, but she's wanting to sneak out the door.
My little tuxedo, Chloe, has hissed at her already. Until the vet trip next
weekend, I have to keep them segregated. Actually, that's a question to
ask..........how do I introduce my current two to her? Any suggestions?

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 09:43 AM
"Gandalf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> >she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
knows
> >there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> >kili
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
> >

> She's a very, very lucky cat to have found you! She looks starved close
> to death in the early pictures! She must not have hunting skills, poor
> Kitty, who was trying to feed a litter, too!
>
> She looks SOOO much better now! I do hope her vet visit turns up nothing
> bad (except the 'usual', completely curable parasites...) and she lives
> a very long, healthy and happy life with you.
>
> I do believe you've already saved her life; so you both deserve a good
> vet report and treatment.
>
> She's got the makings of an absolutely >>gorgeous kitty<< already; I've
> never seen blue eyes that color before! Saying 'ice blue' just doesn't
> do them justice!
>
> Purrs coming for both of you!

I was calling the color of her eyes ice blue as well, but no, her eyes are
so pale that she absolutely can not be in sunlight. They're almost more
white with a tinge of blue veins. She's using her make-shift litterbox and
is eating and drinking, mainly. I think she appears content. Time will
tell.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 09:43 AM
"Steve Touchstone" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:00:37 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> >she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
knows
> >there's a tomorrow. :~)
> >
> >kili
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html
>
> She certainly looks better ;-) Thanks for taking such good care of her
> - though she's probably all the reward you'll ever need.
> --

I'm in love with her, Steve. She's like a little project; I'm so happy to
see she is recovering. :~)

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 10:18 AM
"Steve Touchstone" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:33:15 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >Thanks, Chris. Now the problem will be getting all my critters adjusted.
> >How does one go about doing that????
>
> The lucky ones just plop the new cat cat, and after a little sniffing
> out and the occassional hiss the cats work things out for themselves.
> With me, when I brought Spotty inside she had a couple problems, so
> things didn't go quite so moothly. First, she was obviously a first
> time momma, and didn't want Sammy or Little Bit anywhere near her
> babies. Also, she was awfuly skinny and had a real problem if anyone
> else tried to eat - to the point where she would guard the food bowl
> and chase anyone who tried to eat. The third problem was that I didn't
> really want to let her in until I could be sure she didn't have any
> diseases which could be given to my girls.
>
> In fact, I started out a lot like you're doing, planning on keeping
> her and her babies outside until I could get them vetted and found
> homes for them all. Her kittens were around 8 weeks old when she
> finally brought them around to my patio, and I wanted to keep and
> socialize them a couple weeks before sending them all off to good
> homes. I lucked out, as my vet wanted a couple kittens and had a
> patient who wanted a third, so only had one who I had to find a home
> for, and two people at work wanted her. I wanted to find another home
> for Spotty at first, but am now happy that I didn't ;-)
>
> Anyway, back to the topic, with Spotty I kept her and my girls
> separate the first couple weeks unless I was around. I live in a small
> one bedroom apartment, not exactly ideal for this sort of thing, but
> managed by keeping the bedroom door closed. I swapped them around
> between the rooms so everyone was used to the different scents. Over
> time, I let them into the same room more often, and just gradually
> increased the time until I felt they could be left together. She's
> still not 100% integrated as far as LB goes, but she and Sammy play
> together, and LB is coming around and lately has even been seen
> grooming Spotty.
>
> I've heard of others who had much more trouble bringing in a cat into
> an established family, and if you really have problems I know you can
> get advice from the folks who have dealt with that. I remember reading
> about someone who had a bedroom (?) door replaced with a screen door
> so the cats would all get used to the sight and scent of the new cat
> during a difficult integration. I didn't have to go to that length,
> but did put rubber mats on each side of my bedroom door since there
> was some carpet pulled up by those on the opposing sides trying to get
> in the other room.
> --
> Steve Touchstone,
> faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
> with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

That's interesting; a screen door. Wish we could do that, but it's kind of
cost prohibitive. My Miss Chloe is already up in arms over the new cat;
after all, she's going to have to share her "mom" with another. Mr. Tyrone,
OTOH, doesn't care at all. My entire house is only 800 square feet and I
don't consider it large enough for the two cats I already have. It's going
to be interesting (to say the least) what adding another kitty to the mix
is, but I don't have any other options. To not take her in when she showed
up on my doorstep would be like killing her. I swear, she was half dead
already.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 10:20 AM
"Steve Touchstone" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:30:09 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >Thanks. We had a thundestorm tonight so I chose to bring her inside.
I've
> >isolated her in the back bedroom. She's sleeping like a baby. She's
happy.

> The old storm ploy - both Little Bit and Spotty used that one on me to
> get me to let them inside LOL Once they made it inside they were here
> to stay, of course. I belive it was four months before Little Bit
> would venture out after getting inside, and Spotty still won't come
> out when I put everyone's collar on and I take Sammy and LB out for
> their supervised visits to the OUT. In fact, I had a break in recently
> and the crooks left the window wide open, and I found Spotty sitting
> in the window looking out and not indicating any desire to actually Go
> out.

Well, it's been hours and Miss Pua wants out of the bedroom. She keeps
trying to escape. So, when she *gets* full run of the house, I'm wondering
if she'll try to escape from the front door, as well? When she was out, she
wanted in. I'll give you a report. I'm just waiting for the clean bill of
health from the vet in a week. Keep your fingers crossed!

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 10:22 AM
"Steve Touchstone" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:31:17 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >I brought her inside today. It's a good thing although my other two
aren't
> >real pleased. She's isolated in the back bedroom until her vet
appointment
> >in a week. I hope she doesn't mind a room for now.
>
> Good, now you won't have to keep going out every half hour to check on
> her - that's how Spotty got in, too, I let her in out of a thundertorm
> with her babies. I had to keep her separate for a few days, also,
> until they were all vetted. As I said up thread, my girls and she
> didn't get along well at first, but they're getting along much better
> now.

Thanks for the support, Steve. I'm hoping the transition will go smoothly.

kili

Adrian
August 21st 05, 11:15 AM
kilikini wrote:

> I brought her inside today. It's a good thing although my other two
> aren't real pleased. She's isolated in the back bedroom until her
> vet appointment in a week. I hope she doesn't mind a room for now.
>
> kili

I'm glad you were able to bring her in, you're now officially a three
cat family. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Marina
August 21st 05, 11:34 AM
kilikini wrote:

> She's isolated in a bedroom now, but she's wanting to sneak out the door.
> My little tuxedo, Chloe, has hissed at her already. Until the vet trip next
> weekend, I have to keep them segregated. Actually, that's a question to
> ask..........how do I introduce my current two to her? Any suggestions?

I wish I could give you some advice on that, but I've been extremely
lucky every time I've brought a new kitten home. One factor is probably
that they were just that, kittens, so not very threatening to older
cats. I've just plopped the new cat down in front of the older ones and
let them all work it out between themselves. It takes a couple of weeks
of hissing and growling and posturizing, but as long as there are no
physical attacks, it's nothing to worry about.

I think you have an advantage in that I think the three of them are
quite young? Are Tyrone and Cloe interested in the door to the room
where Pua is? Do they seem aggressive or just interested? They have a
week to get used to the scent coming throuhg the door, so it might even
be quite easy to integrate her when you let her out.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

polonca12000
August 21st 05, 12:32 PM
You are taking such good care of her, Kili!
Continued purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She
knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)
>
> kili
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

kilikini
August 21st 05, 12:48 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
> >
> > She's isolated in a bedroom now, but she's wanting to sneak out the
door.
> > My little tuxedo, Chloe, has hissed at her already. Until the vet trip
next
> > weekend, I have to keep them segregated. Actually, that's a question to
> > ask..........how do I introduce my current two to her? Any suggestions?
>
> I wish I could give you some advice on that, but I've been extremely
> lucky every time I've brought a new kitten home. One factor is probably
> that they were just that, kittens, so not very threatening to older
> cats. I've just plopped the new cat down in front of the older ones and
> let them all work it out between themselves. It takes a couple of weeks
> of hissing and growling and posturizing, but as long as there are no
> physical attacks, it's nothing to worry about.
>
> I think you have an advantage in that I think the three of them are
> quite young? Are Tyrone and Cloe interested in the door to the room
> where Pua is? Do they seem aggressive or just interested? They have a
> week to get used to the scent coming throuhg the door, so it might even
> be quite easy to integrate her when you let her out.

Yeah, you do have a point; Chloe and Tryone are interested in the smell
coming through the door, but Pua doesn't want to stay *behind* the door.
When I open it she tries to escape, so I know Chloe has already seen her and
had a hissy fit. (Ha! I think I just figured out where that term came
from!) Chloe and Tryone are only about 10 months old now and I'm guessing
Pua is about 6 - 8 months; that may be a good thing. Pua has defnitely had
a litter of kittens, recently I may add, so she may be a little older than
that, but I seriously doubt it. She's so tiny and not entirely from being
starved, either. I think she's just young. Heck, I've known 4 and 5 month
old cats to go into heat before. In any case, we'll know more next Saturday
when we get her to the vet.

Thans for caring!

kili

whayface
August 21st 05, 02:00 PM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:31:17 GMT, "kilikini" > wrote:

>> >Bless you. What a lovely little girl she's going to be.
>>
>> She *is* very beautiful. I like her look of "Are you my hoomin? I
>> really like you."
>>

>I brought her inside today. It's a good thing although my other two aren't
>real pleased. She's isolated in the back bedroom until her vet appointment
>in a week. I hope she doesn't mind a room for now.
>
>kili

So glad to hear that. I've been sending up prayer and purrs that she would not wander off
before the vet visit.

She reminds me of a stray we took in that was so dirty we could not tell what she really
looked like. We got her cleaned and to vet and vet said she was a Flame Pointe.

God bless you and her and good luck.

http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/

whayface
August 21st 05, 02:04 PM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:20:51 GMT, "kilikini" > wrote:

>> >Thanks. We had a thundestorm tonight so I chose to bring her inside.
>I've
>> >isolated her in the back bedroom. She's sleeping like a baby. She's
>happy.
>>
>> The old storm ploy - both Little Bit and Spotty used that one on me to
>> get me to let them inside LOL Once they made it inside they were here
>> to stay, of course. I belive it was four months before Little Bit
>> would venture out after getting inside, and Spotty still won't come
>> out when I put everyone's collar on and I take Sammy and LB out for
>> their supervised visits to the OUT. In fact, I had a break in recently
>> and the crooks left the window wide open, and I found Spotty sitting
>> in the window looking out and not indicating any desire to actually Go
>> out.
>
>Well, it's been hours and Miss Pua wants out of the bedroom. She keeps
>trying to escape. So, when she *gets* full run of the house, I'm wondering
>if she'll try to escape from the front door, as well? When she was out, she
>wanted in. I'll give you a report. I'm just waiting for the clean bill of
>health from the vet in a week. Keep your fingers crossed!
>
>kili

I also felt bad when I had to isolate mine when I first got them but when I compared them
being locked in one room indoors to their life on the street I always felt better.

My babies.

http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/

jmcquown
August 21st 05, 03:07 PM
whayface wrote:

>> I've
>> happy.
>>>
>>> The old storm ploy - both Little Bit and Spotty used that one on me
>>> get me to let them inside LOL Once they made it inside they were
>>> here
>>> to stay, of course. I belive it was four months before Little Bit
>>> would venture out after getting inside, and Spotty still won't come
>>> out when I put everyone's collar on and I take Sammy and LB out for
>>> their supervised visits to the OUT. In fact, I had a break in
>>> recently
>>> and the crooks left the window wide open, and I found Spotty sitting
>>> in the window looking out and not indicating any desire to actually
>>> Go
>>> out.
>>
>> Well, it's been hours and Miss Pua wants out of the bedroom. She
>> keeps
>> trying to escape. So, when she *gets* full run of the house, I'm
>> wondering
>> if she'll try to escape from the front door, as well? When she was
>> out, she
>> wanted in. I'll give you a report. I'm just waiting for the clean
>> bill of
>> health from the vet in a week. Keep your fingers crossed!
>>
>> kili
>>

> I also felt bad when I had to isolate mine when I first got them but
> when I compared them being locked in one room indoors to their life
> on the street I always felt better.
>
> My babies.

What's funny is for the first year after Persia acquired me (and I didn't
have any other cats), even though she responded to the water-pistol method
of avoiding my birds I didn't trust her. So every morning before I went to
work I went through this routine of carrying her litter box into my bedroom;
carrying her food into my bedroom. Carrying her small cat-tree into my
bedroom. When I got home at night, it was a reverse sequence. I can't tell
you how tiring that was! But I couldn't be bothered if I had to make a trip
to the grocery store or whatever. I finally figured out, she's not
bothering the birds. So I stopped doing that and it's been fine ever since.
She likes to meatloaf in front of Peaches' cage but she ignores Peaches.
Peaches is a lesser being who voluntarily takes BATHS and therefore must be
avoided at all costs :)

Jill

kilikini
August 21st 05, 07:26 PM
"polonca12000" > wrote in message
> You are taking such good care of her, Kili!
> Continued purrs and best wishes,
> --
> Polonca & Soncek

Thank you, I'm trying! She's on my lap as we speak.

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 07:31 PM
"whayface" > wrote in message

> >> She *is* very beautiful. I like her look of "Are you my hoomin? I
> >> really like you."
> >>

> >I brought her inside today. It's a good thing although my other two
aren't
> >real pleased. She's isolated in the back bedroom until her vet
appointment
> >in a week. I hope she doesn't mind a room for now.
> >
> >kili
> >

> So glad to hear that. I've been sending up prayer and purrs that she
would not wander off
> before the vet visit.
>
> She reminds me of a stray we took in that was so dirty we could not tell
what she really
> looked like. We got her cleaned and to vet and vet said she was a Flame
Pointe.

> God bless you and her and good luck.

Thank you! So far, so good. She's happy, purring, eating and using the
litterbox. What more can you ask for?

kili

kilikini
August 21st 05, 07:43 PM
"whayface" > wrote in message

> >I've
> >happy.
> >>
> >> The old storm ploy - both Little Bit and Spotty used that one on me to
> >> get me to let them inside LOL Once they made it inside they were here
> >> to stay, of course. I belive it was four months before Little Bit
> >> would venture out after getting inside, and Spotty still won't come
> >> out when I put everyone's collar on and I take Sammy and LB out for
> >> their supervised visits to the OUT. In fact, I had a break in recently
> >> and the crooks left the window wide open, and I found Spotty sitting
> >> in the window looking out and not indicating any desire to actually Go
> >> out.
> >
> >Well, it's been hours and Miss Pua wants out of the bedroom. She keeps
> >trying to escape. So, when she *gets* full run of the house, I'm
wondering
> >if she'll try to escape from the front door, as well? When she was out,
she
> >wanted in. I'll give you a report. I'm just waiting for the clean bill
of
> >health from the vet in a week. Keep your fingers crossed!
> >
> >kili
> >

> I also felt bad when I had to isolate mine when I first got them but when
I compared them
> being locked in one room indoors to their life on the street I always felt
better.

> My babies.

That's what I'm thinking. It can't be worse than being out on the street,
right?

kili

moonglow minnow
August 22nd 05, 12:05 AM
kilikini howled at the moon, then scrawled thusly upon the aether:

> http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1/newkitty.html

She's looking gorgeous, much healthier, and content. Good work! It looks
like she's found a good set of slaves and a new, wonderful foreverhome.

Maeve >^..^<
--
Throw out the baby with the bathwater to contact me.
http://volatiledreams.deep-ice.com

Enfilade
August 22nd 05, 12:38 AM
kilikini wrote:
> Posted new pix taken this morning. Her belly looks about to burst, but
> she's no longer devouring the cat food as if there's no tomorrow. She knows
> there's a tomorrow. :~)

Oh, happy girl! This reminds me of when we cleaned up Smokey from a
worm-riddled stray into a handsome fellow who can almost pass himself
off as a Russian Blue.

--Fil

whayface
August 22nd 05, 02:09 AM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:07:49 -0500, "jmcquown" > wrote:

>>> I've
>>> happy.

>>> Well, it's been hours and Miss Pua wants out of the bedroom. She
>>> keeps
>>> trying to escape. So, when she *gets* full run of the house, I'm
>>> wondering
>>> if she'll try to escape from the front door, as well? When she was
>>> out, she
>>> wanted in. I'll give you a report. I'm just waiting for the clean
>>> bill of
>>> health from the vet in a week. Keep your fingers crossed!
>>>
>>> kili
>>>

>> I also felt bad when I had to isolate mine when I first got them but
>> when I compared them being locked in one room indoors to their life
>> on the street I always felt better.
>>
>> My babies.
>>
>What's funny is for the first year after Persia acquired me (and I didn't
>have any other cats), even though she responded to the water-pistol method
>of avoiding my birds I didn't trust her. So every morning before I went to
>work I went through this routine of carrying her litter box into my bedroom;
>carrying her food into my bedroom. Carrying her small cat-tree into my
>bedroom. When I got home at night, it was a reverse sequence. I can't tell
>you how tiring that was! But I couldn't be bothered if I had to make a trip
>to the grocery store or whatever. I finally figured out, she's not
>bothering the birds. So I stopped doing that and it's been fine ever since.
>She likes to meatloaf in front of Peaches' cage but she ignores Peaches.
>Peaches is a lesser being who voluntarily takes BATHS and therefore must be
>avoided at all costs :)
>
>Jill

The gal that took the one stray in had the same problem but she moved the bird cage into
her bedroom until the cat got used to the bird like your did.

My babies
http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/strays.htm

Pat
August 22nd 05, 02:31 PM
"kilikini" > wrote

> She's isolated in a bedroom now, but she's wanting to sneak out the door.
> My little tuxedo, Chloe, has hissed at her already. Until the vet trip
next
> weekend, I have to keep them segregated. Actually, that's a question to
> ask..........how do I introduce my current two to her? Any suggestions?

There is excellent advice for introducing a new cat oh the following web
page, it is written for one breed but can be applied to any breed:

http://www.abyssinian-rescue.com/advice.htm

Jane
August 22nd 05, 06:06 PM
Oh yeah, she's looking more and more Siamese,and very content with her
found lot in life.

You are a very good person.

Jane (of the broken foot)
- owned and operated by Princess Rita