PDA

View Full Version : New Way to Wake Up...

jmcquown
August 21st 05, 12:48 AM
Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I bathed
today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then I started
giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she then reached up
and *booped* me on the nose!

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Magic Mood JeepŠ
August 21st 05, 03:15 AM
Richard Underwood wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I
>> bathed today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then
>> I started giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she
>> then reached up and *booped* me on the nose!
>>

> How perfectly revolting.

No more revolting than you are, Charlie (yes, I know your "secret" - how
many would have an "abuse at alltell... in their headers)

Plonkey-plonk-plonk-plonk! (all of your "user mames")

Kreisleriana
August 21st 05, 05:04 AM
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:48:26 -0500, "jmcquown"
> yodeled:

>Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I bathed
>today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then I started
>giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she then reached up
>and *booped* me on the nose!
>
>Jill

Oh how funny. She's always up to something new. ;)

Theresa

Charlotte Wilkenstern
August 21st 05, 05:10 AM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:15:46 GMT, "Magic Mood JeepŠ"
> wrote:

>Richard Underwood wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I
>>> bathed today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then
>>> I started giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she
>>> then reached up and *booped* me on the nose!
>>>

>> How perfectly revolting.
>
>No more revolting than you are, Charlie (yes, I know your "secret" - how
>many would have an "abuse at alltell... in their headers)
>
>Plonkey-plonk-plonk-plonk! (all of your "user mames")

You got it all figgered out, eh?

I use socks -- very occasionally. But I always put a link to one of
my web pages in the headers, and I usually sign the posts.

Charlie

jmcquown
August 21st 05, 05:26 AM
>>> jmcquown wrote:

Asiago Cheese Dip

Recipe courtesy of the Rock Bottom Brewery in Minneapolis (makes a LOT)

4 oz. sundried tomatoes
4 oz. chopped green onions
4 oz. medium mushrooms, chopped
6-8 oz. shredded Asiago cheese
3 oz. cream cheese
1 quart sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise

Place sundried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak until
completely soft (about 4 hours) and julienne. Add chopped green onions,
mushrooms and shredded Asiago cheese. In separate bowl, combine sour cream,
mayonnaise and cream cheese and blend together. Mix in vegetable and Asiago
cheese mixture. Place in a double boiler and stir occasionally until cheese
melts. Serve as a warm dip/spread with toasted bread or crackers.

Jill

Yowie
August 21st 05, 08:08 AM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..

> Asiago Cheese Dip
>
> Recipe courtesy of the Rock Bottom Brewery in Minneapolis (makes a LOT)
>
> 4 oz. sundried tomatoes
> 4 oz. chopped green onions
> 4 oz. medium mushrooms, chopped
> 6-8 oz. shredded Asiago cheese
> 3 oz. cream cheese
> 1 quart sour cream
> 1 c. mayonnaise
>
> Place sundried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak until
> completely soft (about 4 hours) and julienne. Add chopped green onions,
> mushrooms and shredded Asiago cheese. In separate bowl, combine sour
> cream,
> mayonnaise and cream cheese and blend together. Mix in vegetable and
> Asiago
> cheese mixture. Place in a double boiler and stir occasionally until
> cheese
> melts. Serve as a warm dip/spread with toasted bread or crackers.

What is Asiago cheese? Would plain old cheddar suffice?

Yowie

jmcquown
August 21st 05, 11:49 AM
Yowie wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>>>>
>> Asiago Cheese Dip
>>
> What is Asiago cheese? Would plain old cheddar suffice?
>
> Yowie

Probably no on the cheddar. It's a semi-firm fresh milk cheese, similar to
Provolone, if you can get that.

Jill

August 21st 05, 11:58 AM
My cholesterol account just doubled and I gained two pounds just
reading this. Just what I need for Sunday breakfast to start the week :)

Takayuki
August 21st 05, 05:11 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote:

>Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I bathed
>today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then I started
>giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she then reached up
>and *booped* me on the nose!
>
>Jill

That's so funny! Betty doesn't wash me, but she does seem to like my
nose, too. Does Persia ever "grab" your nose with her paw pads? It
feels really strange when they do that!

August 21st 05, 07:30 PM
Takayuki wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> >Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I bathed
> >today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then I started
> >giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she then reached up
> >and *booped* me on the nose!
> >
> >Jill
>
> That's so funny! Betty doesn't wash me, but she does seem to like my
> nose, too. Does Persia ever "grab" your nose with her paw pads? It
> feels really strange when they do that!

When my honey cat grabbed my nose last, it was with her claw out. And
it did feel funny. It looked even worse. I did not know a nose could
bleed so much.

She was out for her midnight constitutional. And I thought it's time to
bring her back since there are ferals roaming. So I picked her up.
Something spooked her and she swatted me and ran back inside after I
let her go. Never did that before, except if I picked her up while she
was fighting the neighbor's cat. And never did it again. But when I
carry her back now, I make sure to have a control hand over her
swatting forepaw.

Kreisleriana
August 21st 05, 07:39 PM
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:11:12 -0400, Takayuki >
yodeled:

>"jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>>Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I bathed
>>today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then I started
>>giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she then reached up
>>and *booped* me on the nose!
>>
>>Jill
>
>That's so funny! Betty doesn't wash me, but she does seem to like my
>nose, too. Does Persia ever "grab" your nose with her paw pads? It
>feels really strange when they do that!

Stinky will just put out a paw and rest it there very gently and
seriously. He does this while giving me gooshy eyes. He was once
meatloafing on my chest, and my Mom was passing by when he put out the
paw and put it on my nose. She said "That cat just gets mooshier and
gooshier all the time." ;)

Theresa

Denise Clere
August 21st 05, 08:12 PM
heehee
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I bathed
> today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then I started
> giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she then reached up
> and *booped* me on the nose!
>
> Jill
> --
> I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Enfilade
August 22nd 05, 12:36 AM
jmcquown wrote:
> Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I bathed
> today.)

Oh, no you didn't. Don't try to fool a cat. They can watch you all
day and they'd NEVER see you licking yourself, not ONCE.

--Fil

jmcquown
August 22nd 05, 02:04 AM
Enfilade wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I
>> bathed today.)
>
> Oh, no you didn't. Don't try to fool a cat. They can watch you all
> day and they'd NEVER see you licking yourself, not ONCE.
>
> --Fil

LOL Well, maybe if a bit if ice cream dribbled on my hand...

jmcquown
August 22nd 05, 04:32 AM
wrote:
> My cholesterol account just doubled and I gained two pounds just
> reading this. Just what I need for Sunday breakfast to start the week
> :)

At your service ;)

Jill

jmcquown
August 22nd 05, 12:07 PM
Takayuki wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> Persia decided my armpit needed a good washing! (I promise you, I
>> bathed today.) I was so startled at first I could do nothing. Then
>> I started giggling. She apparently took offense at this because she
>> then reached up and *booped* me on the nose!
>>
>> Jill
>
> That's so funny! Betty doesn't wash me, but she does seem to like my
> nose, too. Does Persia ever "grab" your nose with her paw pads? It
> feels really strange when they do that!

Nope, Tak, she just taps me with her paw. I'll bet that does feel weird!
My nose seems to be an ideal target for her, lately. It's like she just
figured out it's there! I'm waiting for her to start washing it when I'm
asleep! LOL

Jill