PDA

View Full Version : another rescued kitten!!

Jane
August 22nd 05, 05:13 PM
No, I didn't do it, but the boss did. She came in today and told me
that the other day she was driving down the road (close to downtown
Washington DC!) and saw something small and black run across a very
busy intersection. She thought 'what a black squirrel!', but then
she realized it was a kitten. So she stopped her car and chased it
down and brought it into work with her.

They all found a box, toys, food, and kept that kitty all day. Turns
out to be a girl-kitty. Very tiny, barely 8 weeks old, and apparently
tossed (there's got to be a special place in HELL for people who do
that!). They named her Wisconsin-Woodmont, in honor of the intersection
where she was found. Whisky for short. Someone in the office will be
taking her home forever, just as soon as she gets settled. Meanwhile,
little Whisky has a foster home with the boss.

She had a cell-phone picture. Whisky looks like a little dark tabby.
Bright clear eyes, not too skinny. She's been out for a while, NOT
raised in the wild, but put there recently.

I'm so pleased that she's found a home already. She was adorable.
Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I thought you'd appreciate
the story.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

kilikini
August 22nd 05, 05:24 PM
"Jane" > wrote in message

> No, I didn't do it, but the boss did. She came in today and told me
> that the other day she was driving down the road (close to downtown
> Washington DC!) and saw something small and black run across a very
> busy intersection. She thought 'what a black squirrel!', but then
> she realized it was a kitten. So she stopped her car and chased it
> down and brought it into work with her.
>
> They all found a box, toys, food, and kept that kitty all day. Turns
> out to be a girl-kitty. Very tiny, barely 8 weeks old, and apparently
> tossed (there's got to be a special place in HELL for people who do
> that!). They named her Wisconsin-Woodmont, in honor of the intersection
> where she was found. Whisky for short. Someone in the office will be
> taking her home forever, just as soon as she gets settled. Meanwhile,
> little Whisky has a foster home with the boss.
>
> She had a cell-phone picture. Whisky looks like a little dark tabby.
> Bright clear eyes, not too skinny. She's been out for a while, NOT
> raised in the wild, but put there recently.
>
> I'm so pleased that she's found a home already. She was adorable.
> Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I thought you'd appreciate
> the story.
>
> Jane
> - owned and operated by Princess Rita

Yay, cheers for your boss! Good luck on a future home for Whisky.

kili

Karen
August 22nd 05, 08:04 PM
I LOVE the name!! I"m so glad she took the effort to go track the little
girl down!

"Jane" > wrote in message

> No, I didn't do it, but the boss did. She came in today and told me
> that the other day she was driving down the road (close to downtown
> Washington DC!) and saw something small and black run across a very
> busy intersection. She thought 'what a black squirrel!', but then
> she realized it was a kitten. So she stopped her car and chased it
> down and brought it into work with her.
>
> They all found a box, toys, food, and kept that kitty all day. Turns
> out to be a girl-kitty. Very tiny, barely 8 weeks old, and apparently
> tossed (there's got to be a special place in HELL for people who do
> that!). They named her Wisconsin-Woodmont, in honor of the intersection
> where she was found. Whisky for short. Someone in the office will be
> taking her home forever, just as soon as she gets settled. Meanwhile,
> little Whisky has a foster home with the boss.
>
> She had a cell-phone picture. Whisky looks like a little dark tabby.
> Bright clear eyes, not too skinny. She's been out for a while, NOT
> raised in the wild, but put there recently.
>
> I'm so pleased that she's found a home already. She was adorable.
> Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I thought you'd appreciate
> the story.
>
> Jane
> - owned and operated by Princess Rita

Ann
August 22nd 05, 08:40 PM
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"Jane" > wrote in message

> No, I didn't do it, but the boss did. She came in today and told me
> that the other day she was driving down the road (close to downtown
> Washington DC!) and saw something small and black run across a very
> busy intersection. She thought 'what a black squirrel!', but then
> she realized it was a kitten. So she stopped her car and chased it
> down and brought it into work with her.
>
> They all found a box, toys, food, and kept that kitty all day. Turns
> out to be a girl-kitty. Very tiny, barely 8 weeks old, and apparently
> tossed (there's got to be a special place in HELL for people who do
> that!). They named her Wisconsin-Woodmont, in honor of the intersection
> where she was found. Whisky for short. Someone in the office will be
> taking her home forever, just as soon as she gets settled. Meanwhile,
> little Whisky has a foster home with the boss.
>
> She had a cell-phone picture. Whisky looks like a little dark tabby.
> Bright clear eyes, not too skinny. She's been out for a while, NOT
> raised in the wild, but put there recently.
>
> I'm so pleased that she's found a home already. She was adorable.
> Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I thought you'd appreciate
> the story.
>
> Jane
> - owned and operated by Princess Rita

Wayne Mitchell
August 22nd 05, 09:07 PM
(Jane) wrote:

>No, I didn't do it, but the boss did.

Give your boss a thank-you from me.

--

Wayme M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

polonca12000
August 22nd 05, 09:15 PM
Thank you! I love happy endings!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Jane" > wrote in message

> No, I didn't do it, but the boss did. She came in today and told me
> that the other day she was driving down the road (close to downtown
> Washington DC!) and saw something small and black run across a very
> busy intersection. She thought 'what a black squirrel!', but then
> she realized it was a kitten. So she stopped her car and chased it
> down and brought it into work with her.
>
> They all found a box, toys, food, and kept that kitty all day. Turns
> out to be a girl-kitty. Very tiny, barely 8 weeks old, and apparently
> tossed (there's got to be a special place in HELL for people who do
> that!). They named her Wisconsin-Woodmont, in honor of the intersection
> where she was found. Whisky for short. Someone in the office will be
> taking her home forever, just as soon as she gets settled. Meanwhile,
> little Whisky has a foster home with the boss.
>
> She had a cell-phone picture. Whisky looks like a little dark tabby.
> Bright clear eyes, not too skinny. She's been out for a while, NOT
> raised in the wild, but put there recently.
>
> I'm so pleased that she's found a home already. She was adorable.
> Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I thought you'd appreciate
> the story.
>
> Jane
> - owned and operated by Princess Rita

mlbriggs
August 23rd 05, 01:17 AM
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:13:42 +0000, Jane wrote:

> No, I didn't do it, but the boss did. She came in today and told me that
> the other day she was driving down the road (close to downtown Washington
> DC!) and saw something small and black run across a very busy
> intersection. She thought 'what a black squirrel!', but then she realized
> it was a kitten. So she stopped her car and chased it down and brought it
> into work with her.
>
> They all found a box, toys, food, and kept that kitty all day. Turns out
> to be a girl-kitty. Very tiny, barely 8 weeks old, and apparently tossed
> (there's got to be a special place in HELL for people who do that!). They
> named her Wisconsin-Woodmont, in honor of the intersection where she was
> found. Whisky for short. Someone in the office will be taking her home
> forever, just as soon as she gets settled. Meanwhile, little Whisky has a
> foster home with the boss.
>
> She had a cell-phone picture. Whisky looks like a little dark tabby.
> Bright clear eyes, not too skinny. She's been out for a while, NOT raised
> in the wild, but put there recently.
>
> I'm so pleased that she's found a home already. She was adorable. Sorry I
> don't have any pictures, but I thought you'd appreciate the story.
>
> Jane
> - owned and operated by Princess Rita

Your boss is a great lady! Purrs that she receives all good things in
life. MLB

Enfilade
August 23rd 05, 02:55 PM
Jane wrote:
> No, I didn't do it, but the boss did.

Whiskey is almost certainly going to a better hoem than the one she
came from.

Lucky bit!

--Fil