PDA

View Full Version : The beastly bed beast

Enfilade
August 23rd 05, 03:01 PM
This morning Kumani was sitting, leonine, on the end of the bed, tail
and one paw hanging down. She was watching the room when,
unfortunately, she should have been watching the bed behind her.

Because Nocturne was no longer sitting enthroned upon the pillows. She
was crouched down, doing the butt-wiggle, and then pounced Kumani.

Up till then it was funny, but then Nox grabbed Kumani by the neck and
started shaking her until her legs fell off the bed, when Nox dropped
her and flopped down, declaring herself the ONLY cat allowed on the
bed. Kumani hit the floor running and crying.

I know cats are territorial, but up until now Nocturne has been able to
deal with the other cats on the rest of the bed as long as they don't
try to come on the pillows. I don't like the way she's trying to
tyrannize the entire bed.

--Fil

Karen
August 23rd 05, 03:53 PM
"Enfilade" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This morning Kumani was sitting, leonine, on the end of the bed, tail
> and one paw hanging down. She was watching the room when,
> unfortunately, she should have been watching the bed behind her.
>
> Because Nocturne was no longer sitting enthroned upon the pillows. She
> was crouched down, doing the butt-wiggle, and then pounced Kumani.
>
> Up till then it was funny, but then Nox grabbed Kumani by the neck and
> started shaking her until her legs fell off the bed, when Nox dropped
> her and flopped down, declaring herself the ONLY cat allowed on the
> bed. Kumani hit the floor running and crying.
>
> I know cats are territorial, but up until now Nocturne has been able to
> deal with the other cats on the rest of the bed as long as they don't
> try to come on the pillows. I don't like the way she's trying to
> tyrannize the entire bed.
>
> --Fil

Poor Kumani!!!!

Marina
August 24th 05, 06:27 AM
Enfilade wrote:
> This morning Kumani was sitting, leonine, on the end of the bed, tail
> and one paw hanging down. She was watching the room when,
> unfortunately, she should have been watching the bed behind her.
>
> Because Nocturne was no longer sitting enthroned upon the pillows. She
> was crouched down, doing the butt-wiggle, and then pounced Kumani.
>
> Up till then it was funny, but then Nox grabbed Kumani by the neck and
> started shaking her until her legs fell off the bed, when Nox dropped
> her and flopped down, declaring herself the ONLY cat allowed on the
> bed. Kumani hit the floor running and crying.

Ouch! Poor Kumani.

> I know cats are territorial, but up until now Nocturne has been able to
> deal with the other cats on the rest of the bed as long as they don't
> try to come on the pillows. I don't like the way she's trying to
> tyrannize the entire bed.

Wish I had some advice to give, but I've never encountered this problem.
Maybe Nox should just have the bed to herself if that's what she needs.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Mischief
August 24th 05, 07:30 AM
Well if Mischief so much as tries to sneak into my room while Mayhem is
on the bed, Mayhem automatically is off the bed hissing and chases her
away.

As far as Mayhem is concerned, the bed and room is HERS and no other
cat is going to take it.

It's really quite bizarre considering that Mayhem is half the size of
Mischief. And Mischief who loves to act like she's the noble QUEEN
doens't really stand up to her. They hiss and exchange punches but
it's Mischief that runs away first.

Mayhem is queen of my bed and i don't like how she's terrorizing the
others in general but there isn't much i can do about it right now.

I probably will donate her to the school program where she will be
fonded over and spoiled (and poked and prodded) but will find a home
where she can be a single cat.

Kristi