PDA

View Full Version : Fussy eater my *beep*

August 24th 05, 04:06 PM
Last night I stopped off at the supermarket and bought a can of cat
food, or so I thought. It was late and it was own label stuff so I
didn't recognise it, he doesn't usually get this brand but I had no
choice.

I got home, fed him it, he ate it all up and came back for seconds. I
thought it smelled a bit funny so I looked at the label and it was

DOG FOOD!

I hope it didn't harm him but he seemed to really enjoy it, strange
thing, only really likes one brand of cat food but doesn't mind eating
dog food.

Adrian
August 24th 05, 05:04 PM
wrote:
> Last night I stopped off at the supermarket and bought a can of cat
> food, or so I thought. It was late and it was own label stuff so I
> didn't recognise it, he doesn't usually get this brand but I had no
> choice.
>
> I got home, fed him it, he ate it all up and came back for seconds. I
> thought it smelled a bit funny so I looked at the label and it was
>
> DOG FOOD!
>
> I hope it didn't harm him but he seemed to really enjoy it, strange
> thing, only really likes one brand of cat food but doesn't mind eating
> dog food.

The occasional tin of d*g food won't do any harm, it would not be
suitable as a regular diet.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Enfilade
August 24th 05, 07:15 PM

> DOG FOOD!
>
> I hope it didn't harm him but he seemed to really enjoy it, strange
> thing, only really likes one brand of cat food but doesn't mind eating
> dog food.

A Big Mac every once in a while doesn't hurt anyone :)

My dad's dog had a great liking for cat food as a treat.

--Fil

Christina Websell
August 24th 05, 09:15 PM
> wrote in message
>
> DOG FOOD!
>
> I hope it didn't harm him but he seemed to really enjoy it, strange
> thing, only really likes one brand of cat food but doesn't mind eating
> dog food.

It won't harm him at all, and if he likes it so much he could have a tin now
and again. Cats need taurine and there isn't any in tinned dog food, that's
the only reason that it's not suitable as a regular diet.

Tweed

August 25th 05, 01:01 AM
Enfilade wrote:

> > DOG FOOD!
> >
> > I hope it didn't harm him but he seemed to really enjoy it, strange
> > thing, only really likes one brand of cat food but doesn't mind eating
> > dog food.
>
> A Big Mac every once in a while doesn't hurt anyone :)

I would never get him a Big Mac, the stinking stuff ain't allowed in
this house! In fact I have to change carriages on the tube when I spot
people eating it, I can smell it a mile off, gross! I only worried cos
he's diabetic and got kidney disease, I didn't let him finish off the
can of dog food, he just ate half of it then I managed to get his usual
food, it was funny though.

> My dad's dog had a great liking for cat food as a treat.
>
> --Fil

Enfilade
August 25th 05, 02:07 AM
> > A Big Mac every once in a while doesn't hurt anyone :)
>
> I would never get him a Big Mac, the stinking stuff ain't allowed in
> this house!

Come to think of it, dog food is probably better than a Big Mac for
/anyone/.

--Fil

Who knows they're disgusting, and craves them anyway.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
August 25th 05, 02:35 AM
wrote:

> Last night I stopped off at the supermarket and bought a can of cat
> food, or so I thought. It was late and it was own label stuff so I
> didn't recognise it, he doesn't usually get this brand but I had no
> choice.
>
> I got home, fed him it, he ate it all up and came back for seconds. I
> thought it smelled a bit funny so I looked at the label and it was
>
> DOG FOOD!
>
> I hope it didn't harm him but he seemed to really enjoy it, strange
> thing, only really likes one brand of cat food but doesn't mind eating
> dog food.

I doubt whether it would hurt him, but dog food does not
fulfill a cat's nutritional needs. (A cat's intestines is
quite short, so their food needs to be more nutritionally
"dense" than a dog's.)