PDA

View Full Version : No cold shoulders here

Susan M
August 27th 05, 10:19 PM
Hi all:

I was expecting Otis to give us the cold shoulder after we got back from our
one week holiday. I'm happy to say that we got anything but!

I walked in the back gate and there stood Otis yowling in the hoarse loud
yowl that he uses when he's super upset. He sang and sang and sang and,
when I finally got to him, rolled over in ecstacy as I pet him. For the
rest of the night, he would beg to go outside and then immediately seem to
remember that he would be parted from us ... and beg to be let back in. He
got scritches upon scritches and he gave his wonderful happy sound of
meowing while he's purring. Chester was very happy that we were home too
and flung himself on the ground rolling around and purring and stretching.

At one point, I heard *Chester* meowing (he does this once a quarter at the
most) and he had climbed up to the second storey window and was calling to
me. Otis joined him shortly. Silly cats! I can't let them in the top
window so I had to go downstairs and coax them back down for *more*
scritches.

It was a two cat night last night, with Otis sleeping under the covers. The
windows were open and the soon-to-be-fall nights are "crisp".

It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm :D

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Adrian
August 27th 05, 10:36 PM
Susan M wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I was expecting Otis to give us the cold shoulder after we got back
> from our one week holiday. I'm happy to say that we got anything but!
>
> I walked in the back gate and there stood Otis yowling in the hoarse
> loud yowl that he uses when he's super upset. He sang and sang and
> sang and, when I finally got to him, rolled over in ecstacy as I pet
> him. For the rest of the night, he would beg to go outside and then
> immediately seem to remember that he would be parted from us ... and
> beg to be let back in. He got scritches upon scritches and he gave
> his wonderful happy sound of meowing while he's purring. Chester was
> very happy that we were home too and flung himself on the ground
> rolling around and purring and stretching.
> At one point, I heard *Chester* meowing (he does this once a quarter
> at the most) and he had climbed up to the second storey window and
> was calling to me. Otis joined him shortly. Silly cats! I can't
> let them in the top window so I had to go downstairs and coax them
> back down for *more* scritches.
>
> It was a two cat night last night, with Otis sleeping under the
> covers. The windows were open and the soon-to-be-fall nights are
> "crisp".
> It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm :D
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

What a lovely homecoming. Welcome Back. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

August 27th 05, 10:40 PM
Susan M wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I was expecting Otis to give us the cold shoulder after we got back from our
> one week holiday. I'm happy to say that we got anything but!
>
> I walked in the back gate and there stood Otis yowling in the hoarse loud
> yowl that he uses when he's super upset. He sang and sang and sang and,
> when I finally got to him, rolled over in ecstacy as I pet him. For the
> rest of the night, he would beg to go outside and then immediately seem to
> remember that he would be parted from us ... and beg to be let back in. He
> got scritches upon scritches and he gave his wonderful happy sound of
> meowing while he's purring. Chester was very happy that we were home too
> and flung himself on the ground rolling around and purring and stretching.
>
> At one point, I heard *Chester* meowing (he does this once a quarter at the
> most) and he had climbed up to the second storey window and was calling to
> me. Otis joined him shortly. Silly cats! I can't let them in the top
> window so I had to go downstairs and coax them back down for *more*
> scritches.
>
> It was a two cat night last night, with Otis sleeping under the covers. The
> windows were open and the soon-to-be-fall nights are "crisp".
>
> It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm :D
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Awww. They really missed you. When we went to the lake for the weekend
couple weeks ago, each of our five either acted like they never
realized we were gone, or they'd completely forgotten who we were. We
didn't get the welcome you got!

Sherry

Sherry

MaryL
August 27th 05, 11:32 PM
"Susan M" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi all:
>
> I was expecting Otis to give us the cold shoulder after we got back from
> our one week holiday. I'm happy to say that we got anything but!
>

> It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm :D
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Whenever I return from vacation (with cat sitter coming in twice a day), my
twosome act like shadows for a couple of days. They follow me everywhere I
go, and one of them will stretch out on top of me whenever I lie down. I
think it's love!

MaryL

W. Leong
August 28th 05, 01:23 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Susan M wrote:
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I was expecting Otis to give us the cold shoulder after we got back from
>> our
>> one week holiday. I'm happy to say that we got anything but!
>>
>> I walked in the back gate and there stood Otis yowling in the hoarse loud
>> yowl that he uses when he's super upset. He sang and sang and sang and,
>> when I finally got to him, rolled over in ecstacy as I pet him. For the
>> rest of the night, he would beg to go outside and then immediately seem
>> remember that he would be parted from us ... and beg to be let back in.
>> He
>> got scritches upon scritches and he gave his wonderful happy sound of
>> meowing while he's purring. Chester was very happy that we were home too
>> and flung himself on the ground rolling around and purring and
>> stretching.
>>
>> At one point, I heard *Chester* meowing (he does this once a quarter at
>> the
>> most) and he had climbed up to the second storey window and was calling
>> me. Otis joined him shortly. Silly cats! I can't let them in the top
>> window so I had to go downstairs and coax them back down for *more*
>> scritches.
>>
>> It was a two cat night last night, with Otis sleeping under the covers.
>> The
>> windows were open and the soon-to-be-fall nights are "crisp".
>>
>> It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm :D
>>
>> Susan M
>> Otis and Chester
>
> Awww. They really missed you. When we went to the lake for the weekend
> couple weeks ago, each of our five either acted like they never
> realized we were gone, or they'd completely forgotten who we were. We
> didn't get the welcome you got!
>
> Sherry
>
> Sherry

Rusty never welcomed me back from vacation. Even when he
was boarded, he never looked happy to see me. Just the same old
silent treatment. But lately he got a bit more vocal as he gets older.
Used to be I never heard a meow out of him for days.

Winnie

Victor Martinez
August 28th 05, 02:09 AM

Awww... such good boys! Where are our pictures?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Marina
August 28th 05, 04:15 AM
Susan M wrote:

> It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm :D

Aawww! It certainly is. Welcome home, Susan.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

badwilson
August 28th 05, 06:41 AM
Susan M wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I was expecting Otis to give us the cold shoulder after we got back
> from our one week holiday. I'm happy to say that we got anything
but!

> I walked in the back gate and there stood Otis yowling in the hoarse
> loud yowl that he uses when he's super upset. He sang and sang and
> sang and, when I finally got to him, rolled over in ecstacy as I pet
> him. For the rest of the night, he would beg to go outside and then
> immediately seem to remember that he would be parted from us ... and
> beg to be let back in. He got scritches upon scritches and he gave
> his wonderful happy sound of meowing while he's purring. Chester
was
> very happy that we were home too and flung himself on the ground
> rolling around and purring and stretching.
>
> At one point, I heard *Chester* meowing (he does this once a quarter
> at the most) and he had climbed up to the second storey window and
> was calling to me. Otis joined him shortly. Silly cats! I can't
> let them in the top window so I had to go downstairs and coax them
> back down for *more* scritches.
>
> It was a two cat night last night, with Otis sleeping under the
> covers. The windows were open and the soon-to-be-fall nights are
> "crisp".
>
> It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm
:D

> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Awww, how sweet! I love coming home from a trip and being greeted by
Vino. He's always so excited to see us :-) I hope you guys had a
great vacation. Pics?
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

polonca12000
August 28th 05, 01:05 PM
That's wonderful! We are happy you're back also.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Susan M" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi all:
>
> I was expecting Otis to give us the cold shoulder after we got back from
our
> one week holiday. I'm happy to say that we got anything but!
>
> I walked in the back gate and there stood Otis yowling in the hoarse loud
> yowl that he uses when he's super upset. He sang and sang and sang and,
> when I finally got to him, rolled over in ecstacy as I pet him. For the
> rest of the night, he would beg to go outside and then immediately seem to
> remember that he would be parted from us ... and beg to be let back in.
He
> got scritches upon scritches and he gave his wonderful happy sound of
> meowing while he's purring. Chester was very happy that we were home too
> and flung himself on the ground rolling around and purring and stretching.
>
> At one point, I heard *Chester* meowing (he does this once a quarter at
the
> most) and he had climbed up to the second storey window and was calling to
> me. Otis joined him shortly. Silly cats! I can't let them in the top
> window so I had to go downstairs and coax them back down for *more*
> scritches.
>
> It was a two cat night last night, with Otis sleeping under the covers.
The
> windows were open and the soon-to-be-fall nights are "crisp".
>
> It's nice to be missed and to be welcomed back with such enthusiasm :D
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Takayuki
August 29th 05, 04:05 AM
"Susan M" > wrote:
>At one point, I heard *Chester* meowing (he does this once a quarter at the
>most) and he had climbed up to the second storey window and was calling to
>me. Otis joined him shortly. Silly cats! I can't let them in the top
>window so I had to go downstairs and coax them back down for *more*
>scritches.

What a nice homecoming! Maybe Otis is growing up, too. It only took
about what, a decade? ;)