PDA

View Full Version : I am so excited, I can hardly STAND it!!!

badwilson
August 30th 05, 04:27 AM
We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
silly to do that by myself.
Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
*anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
either.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Helen Wheels
August 30th 05, 04:43 AM
badwilson wrote:
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.

Hey, great news!
If you need a hand with anything from this end, just give me a yodel. Or
an email even. Anything we can do for his Royal Vinoship...

badwilson
August 30th 05, 04:52 AM
Helen Wheels wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>

> Hey, great news!
> If you need a hand with anything from this end, just give me a
yodel.
> Or an email even. Anything we can do for his Royal Vinoship...

Thanks :-) No need for help on your end though, seems that the whole
Vino thing needs to be taken care of from this end. It'll be all
right.
I'll be in touch when the time gets closer to our initial entry trip
in November. Can't wait!!! :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Helen Miles
August 30th 05, 08:44 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message

And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.///

Trust me, HRFL & I can. ;o) If you need any handy tips & stuff regarding
pet passports let me know. :o)

And... YAY for you!

Helen M

Tish Silberbauer
August 30th 05, 09:48 AM
YAY! That's *great* news Britta! Welcome to Australia (even if
you'll be, geographically, living further from me than Bev does in New
Zealand!).

I hope that you'll find a way to visit the east coast now and again,
once you're settled.

Cheers,
Tish

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:27:35 +0700, "badwilson"
> wrote:

>We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
>opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
>out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
>while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
>I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
>silly to do that by myself.
>Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
>2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
>months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
>November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>*anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
>going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
>worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>either.

kilikini
August 30th 05, 11:42 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Congratulations! I would love to make a move like that. My great
grandmother was born in Australia and I've never had the opportunity to go
check that incredible country out. It's on my to-do list someday. :~)

kili

jmcquown
August 30th 05, 11:45 AM
badwilson wrote:
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!!

Congratulations! Purrs for Vino's relocation, too :)

Jill

Kate
August 30th 05, 11:50 AM
That's fantastic news. Congratulations.

Hope getting Vino's passport sorted goes as smoothly as possible.

Kate.

Owned by Fudge, Caramel & Meg.

Victor Martinez
August 30th 05, 11:55 AM
badwilson wrote:
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just

Excellent news!!! I thought it was going to take longer than this. I'm
so happy for you and Dennis and Vino! Although I'm sure he's going to
miss his maid. :)

Awww... such a good boy!

> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.

Why? A party of one is fun too... :)

> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.

We'll be purring for Vino's paperwork.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Adrian
August 30th 05, 12:03 PM
badwilson wrote:
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.

That's wonderful news! I was 99.99% sure you'd get it, but it still so
nice to have it confirmed. I've forgotten how long, Vino, will have to
be quarantined. That I imagine will be the most difficult part of the
move.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Yowie
August 30th 05, 12:28 PM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.

Bonza, mate!

If you are passing through Sydney, let me know. And if you need anything
from the Eastern side, just holler and I'll see what I can do (although West
& East are like seperate countires most of the time)

Way to go!

Yowie

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:28 PM
Victor Martinez wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just
>
> Excellent news!!! I thought it was going to take longer than this.
I'm
> so happy for you and Dennis and Vino! Although I'm sure he's going
> miss his maid. :)

Thanks, Victor :-) It took 11 months and they say about a year is
average, so I guess we were pretty lucky. But really the process was
more than 18 months if you include the whole time Dennis was studying
for his Australian licence, etc.
Sometimes I feel kinda guilty because things tend to work out for us
so well. <knocking on wood>
We really invested a ton of money into this dream and I don't know
what we would have done if it hadn't worked out. I guess it was meant
to be!

>> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with
him
>> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
>
> Awww... such a good boy!

Yes, he's the best. I get teary just thinking about how much I love
the little **** ;-)

>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>
> Why? A party of one is fun too... :)

Heh. I couldn't resist for long and am now having a few Long Island
Iced Teas. Victor, one day I would like to get together for some
drinks with you and Tom. Maybe you can visit us in Australia?

>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>
> We'll be purring for Vino's paperwork.

Thank you, that means a lot.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

SuzQ
August 30th 05, 12:34 PM
That's wonderful! Purr for getting Vino into Australia.
Suz&Spicey

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:36 PM
Adrian wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>
> That's wonderful news! I was 99.99% sure you'd get it, but it still
so
> nice to have it confirmed. I've forgotten how long, Vino, will have
> be quarantined. That I imagine will be the most difficult part of
the
> move.

Yes, we were pretty sure too but you just never really know. It is
such a relief knowing that the waiting and wondering and worrying is
over. Now I just want to get over there right away! I'll miss
Thailand terribly and we'll definitely come back here a lot
(especially for the shopping!) but I'm anxious to get on with "real
life".
We plan to make a large outdoor enclosure for Vino 'cause he would
like to be able to go out so badly. I think he will benefit from this
move greatly. And I plan to go back to school for a bit to learn
about the winery business. I can't wait!!!
Vino's quarantine will be 1 month. We've looked at the facilities
online and it all looks very good (although extremely expensive!).
Large enclosures, bring your own food, etc. Just like if you were
boarding a cat for a holiday, I'd guess. We'll be busy getting
organized over there for the first 2 weeks anyway, so I'm sure the
time will fly by for us. We'll visit him as much as possible too. I
hope he doesn't suffer. But then, he's used to us going away for
trips all the time. He will miss his maid but she's quitting anyway
in December because she wants to go back to the family banana
plantation.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:44 PM
Yowie wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>
> Bonza, mate!
>
> If you are passing through Sydney, let me know. And if you need
> anything from the Eastern side, just holler and I'll see what I can
> do (although West & East are like seperate countires most of the
time)

> Way to go!
>
> Yowie

Thanks, Yowie. You can definitely expect a visit from us sometime.
We plan on taking no vacations outside Australia until we've seen the
entire country inside and out! And we love Sydney so we definitely
want to come back there. So we'll have to organize some sort of get
together with you guys and Tish and Jean and everyone when we come out
that way.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:45 PM
Tish Silberbauer wrote:
> YAY! That's *great* news Britta! Welcome to Australia (even if
> you'll be, geographically, living further from me than Bev does in
New
> Zealand!).
>
> I hope that you'll find a way to visit the east coast now and again,
> once you're settled.
>
> Cheers,
> Tish

Definitely, Tish. You can plan on it :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:48 PM
Helen Miles wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>

> And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.///
>
> Trust me, HRFL & I can. ;o) If you need any handy tips & stuff
> regarding pet passports let me know. :o)
>
> And... YAY for you!
>
> Helen M

Thanks, Helen :-)
Yes, I know what you went through. Fortunately it seems we have a
good vet who knows the whole process and handled it all for a friend
of a friends' dog when they moved to Australia. So in that regard, I
think we're covered. I'll let you know if we need any more info.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:49 PM
jmcquown wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!!
>
> Congratulations! Purrs for Vino's relocation, too :)
>
> Jill

Thanks, Jill :-) I'm sure the move will be good for Vino. We plan to
make sure he has some sort of enclosure over there to give him access
to the outside. I'm sure he'll absolutely love that.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:52 PM
kilikini wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>> --
>> Britta
>> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown
>> Check out pictures of Vino at:
>> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
>>

> Congratulations! I would love to make a move like that. My great
> grandmother was born in Australia and I've never had the opportunity
> to go check that incredible country out. It's on my to-do list
> someday. :~)
>
> kili

Thanks, Kili. You should definitely do it. You could come visit me!
Anyone from this NG is invited :-)
I just looooove Australia. Somehow I think I was meant to live there.
When I was 10, my parents emigrated from Germany to Canada. But they
had originally planned on moving to Australia, except it didn't work
out. Well, it worked out for me :-) Couldn't be more excited!!!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:53 PM
Kate wrote:
> That's fantastic news. Congratulations.
>
> Hope getting Vino's passport sorted goes as smoothly as possible.
>
> Kate.
>
> Owned by Fudge, Caramel & Meg.

Thank you so much, Kate. And Vino sends tail purrs to Caramel. He
doesn't know what it's like to have a tail, but he's sure it's no fun
to have a hurt one.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 12:55 PM
SuzQ wrote:
> That's wonderful! Purr for getting Vino into Australia.
> Suz&Spicey

Thanks, Suz. Much appreciated :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Jo Firey
August 30th 05, 01:22 PM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Vino's quarantine will be 1 month. We've looked at the facilities
> online and it all looks very good (although extremely expensive!).
> Large enclosures, bring your own food, etc. Just like if you were
> boarding a cat for a holiday, I'd guess. We'll be busy getting
> organized over there for the first 2 weeks anyway, so I'm sure the
> time will fly by for us. We'll visit him as much as possible too. I
> hope he doesn't suffer. But then, he's used to us going away for
> trips all the time. He will miss his maid but she's quitting anyway
> in December because she wants to go back to the family banana
> plantation.
> --

Molly and Jake had a great time on their vacation while we were on vacation.
They spent two weeks in a cattery. With their own 5x8 room, two windows, a
full view of the place thru their screen door, a better cat tree than they
have at home, rug covered sleeping shelves with large sleeping cubes (they
don't have that at home either. Plus the run of the place including a huge
outside enclosure if they played nice with the other cats. Jake was happy
to see us. Molly was more like "hey, mom let me show you around our new
place."

Jo

Victor Martinez
August 30th 05, 01:23 PM
badwilson wrote:
> Iced Teas. Victor, one day I would like to get together for some
> drinks with you and Tom. Maybe you can visit us in Australia?

You can count on it! Australia and New Zealand are definitely in our
to-visit list.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 01:30 PM
Cheryl Perkins wrote:
> Congratulations! And we'll be purring for Vino, too!

Thank you :-) :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Pat
August 30th 05, 02:02 PM
I'm glad to hear that you're so happy you cried all over Vino. I take it
this is more than a tourist visa, you're gonna live over there, at least for
a while. (I'm sure I missed some earlier posts about your plans.) I'm sure
it will go smoothly.

polonca12000
August 30th 05, 02:08 PM
Congrats, I'm so very happy for you!
Lots of purrs for Vino,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

badwilson
August 30th 05, 02:14 PM
Pat wrote:
> I'm glad to hear that you're so happy you cried all over Vino. I
take
> it this is more than a tourist visa, you're gonna live over there,
at
> least for a while. (I'm sure I missed some earlier posts about your
> plans.) I'm sure it will go smoothly.

Thanks, Pat :-) Yes, we plan to live over there forever. Citizenship
as soon as possible. It's after 2 years now, but I heard they are
thinking of changing it to 4 years. Whatever it takes!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

W. Leong
August 30th 05, 03:06 PM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Congratulations!
I know the feeling as I still remember when I got the visa to immigrate to
Canada many many years ago.

Winnie

Helen Wheels
August 30th 05, 03:31 PM
badwilson wrote:

> Pat wrote:
>
>>I'm glad to hear that you're so happy you cried all over Vino. I
>
> take
>
>>it this is more than a tourist visa, you're gonna live over there,
>
> at
>
>>least for a while. (I'm sure I missed some earlier posts about your
>>plans.) I'm sure it will go smoothly.
>

> Thanks, Pat :-) Yes, we plan to live over there forever. Citizenship
> as soon as possible. It's after 2 years now, but I heard they are
> thinking of changing it to 4 years. Whatever it takes!
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Citizenship! Blimey, in 28 years here I haven't gone that far :)

Exocat
August 30th 05, 03:52 PM
"badwilson" > wrote
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!!

Cheers (from a sitting position) etc. from the "old country" (UK)
that you've been allowed into a bit of our old Empire :-)

Purrs for things to go smoothly for Vino

Gordon & the FF

Irulan
August 30th 05, 04:51 PM
what wonderful news for you and Dennis. We will purr and pray that
everything goes well without any hitches. Start teaching Vino how to speak
Oz ;)
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

badwilson
August 30th 05, 05:01 PM
Helen Wheels wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>
>> Pat wrote:
>>
>>> I'm glad to hear that you're so happy you cried all over Vino. I
>>
>> take
>>
>>> it this is more than a tourist visa, you're gonna live over there,
>>
>> at
>>
>>> least for a while. (I'm sure I missed some earlier posts about
your
>>> plans.) I'm sure it will go smoothly.
>>

>> Thanks, Pat :-) Yes, we plan to live over there forever.
>> Citizenship as soon as possible. It's after 2 years now, but I
>> heard they are thinking of changing it to 4 years. Whatever it
>> takes! --
>> Britta
>> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown
>> Check out pictures of Vino at:
>> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
>>

> Citizenship! Blimey, in 28 years here I haven't gone that far :)

Seriously?!? Sheesh, what are you waiting for? Ok, wait a couple of
years and we'll do it together :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 05:04 PM
W. Leong wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>> --
>> Britta
>> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown
>> Check out pictures of Vino at:
>> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
>>

> Congratulations!
> I know the feeling as I still remember when I got the visa to
> immigrate to Canada many many years ago.
>
> Winnie

Thanks and LOL! I remember too when my parents got the visa to
immigrate to Canada. I was 10 years old and horrified at the concept
of moving to a country where I couldn't speak the language. I also
thought that Canada was a godforsaken wasteland! Didn't take me long
to change my mind though and it only took a few months to learn
English. It's easy for kids. We all got Canadian citizenship when I
was 13, but I didn't have to take the test so I didn't bother.
Typical teengager ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 05:05 PM
Exocat wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!!
>
> Cheers (from a sitting position) etc. from the "old country" (UK)
> that you've been allowed into a bit of our old Empire :-)
>
> Purrs for things to go smoothly for Vino
>
> Gordon & the FF

Thanks, but being Canadian, aren't I already part of the Old Empire?
We do have the Queen on our money, you know!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 30th 05, 05:06 PM
Irulan wrote:
> what wonderful news for you and Dennis. We will purr and pray that
> everything goes well without any hitches. Start teaching Vino how to
> speak Oz ;)
> Lily & her mama
> Jazz, RB

Thanks :-) Urgh, I'm already quaking in my shoes at the thought of
mastering the Oz language. I'm sure it will be harder than when I had
to learn English at age 10 ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Helen Wheels
August 30th 05, 05:12 PM
badwilson wrote:

> Helen Wheels wrote:
>
>>badwilson wrote:

>>>take

>>>at

> your

>>>Thanks, Pat :-) Yes, we plan to live over there forever.
>>>Citizenship as soon as possible. It's after 2 years now, but I
>>>heard they are thinking of changing it to 4 years. Whatever it
>>>takes! --
>>>Britta
>>>"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
>
> Unknown
>
>>>Check out pictures of Vino at:
>>>http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
>>>

>>Citizenship! Blimey, in 28 years here I haven't gone that far :)
>

> Seriously?!? Sheesh, what are you waiting for? Ok, wait a couple of
> years and we'll do it together :-)

But then my best mate would have to find something else to call me. "Yer
pommy b*st*rd" just wouldn't work any more.

Melissa Houle
August 30th 05, 05:14 PM
badwilson > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Congratulations and happy journeying to your new home, Britta! It's nice
to hear goodnews in the wake of Katrina's passing. I hope all goes well
with Vino's immigration process, as well. <G>

Melissa

badwilson
August 30th 05, 05:32 PM
Helen Wheels wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>
>> Helen Wheels wrote:

>> your

>> Unknown

>>> Citizenship! Blimey, in 28 years here I haven't gone that far :)
>>

>> Seriously?!? Sheesh, what are you waiting for? Ok, wait a couple
of
>> years and we'll do it together :-)
>
> But then my best mate would have to find something else to call me.
> "Yer pommy b*st*rd" just wouldn't work any more.

Ha! Well, maybe you'll get a different, much better name. After
giving up my German citizenship, I'm not distraught at not being
called Kraut anymore ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Exocat
August 30th 05, 05:33 PM
"badwilson" > wrote

> Thanks, but being Canadian, aren't I already part of the Old Empire?
> We do have the Queen on our money, you know!

Oops, my bad!

Senior moment (Alzheimer episode, call it what you will): I thought I
remembered that you were German to start with and had forgotten
all about Canada. Sorry!

Purrs of welcome anyway.

G & the FF

badwilson
August 30th 05, 05:34 PM
Melissa Houle wrote:
> badwilson > wrote in message
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>> --
>> Britta
>> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown
>> Check out pictures of Vino at:
>> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
>>

> Congratulations and happy journeying to your new home, Britta!
It's
> nice to hear goodnews in the wake of Katrina's passing. I hope all
> goes well with Vino's immigration process, as well. <G>
>
> Melissa

Thank you so much. I feel bad about my exhuberance in the wake of
Katrina. But being halfway around the world, I just can't help it.
Purrs for everyone affected by the awful hurricane.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Nan
August 30th 05, 06:14 PM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:27:35 +0700, "badwilson"
> wrote:

>We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
>opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
>out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
>while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
>I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
>silly to do that by myself.
>Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
>2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
>months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
>November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>*anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
>going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
>worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>either.

Hurray! That is good news, and I know that you are ecstatic about the
move.

Purrs are on the way for Vino becoming an Aussie.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan

August 30th 05, 07:04 PM
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:27:35 +0700, "badwilson"
> wrote:

>We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
>opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
>out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
>while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
>I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
>silly to do that by myself.
>Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
>2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
>months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
>November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>*anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
>going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
>worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>either.

Congratulations! Purrs for an easy transition for all, and a happy
time in Australia.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

Christina Websell
August 30th 05, 09:07 PM
I am *so* pleased for you both.

Tweed

Helen Miles
August 30th 05, 09:23 PM
"Exocat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] ipex.net

> Senior moment (Alzheimer episode, call it what you will)///

Or, as my grandma calls it, a CRAFT moment. (Can't Remember A F*cking
Thing) LOL!

Helen M

Susan M
August 31st 05, 02:54 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.

Congratulations Britta - that's wonderful news! I'll bet you guys just
can't *wait* to get there. Lucky Vino gets to move to a new country :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

badwilson
August 31st 05, 03:28 AM
polonca12000 wrote:
> Congrats, I'm so very happy for you!
> Lots of purrs for Vino,

Thanks, Polonca :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 31st 05, 03:29 AM
Nan wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:27:35 +0700, "badwilson"
> > wrote:
>
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>
> Hurray! That is good news, and I know that you are ecstatic about
the
> move.
>
> Purrs are on the way for Vino becoming an Aussie.
>
> Purrs and Hugs,
>
> Nan

Thanks, Nan :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 31st 05, 03:30 AM
wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:27:35 +0700, "badwilson"
> > wrote:
>
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>
> Congratulations! Purrs for an easy transition for all, and a happy
> time in Australia.
>
> Ginger-lyn

Thank you, Ginger-lyn. So excited, but the next 6 months or so are
going to be *busy*.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 31st 05, 03:31 AM
Christina Websell wrote:
> I am *so* pleased for you both.
>
> Tweed

Thank you, Tweed :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

badwilson
August 31st 05, 03:33 AM
Susan M wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>
> Congratulations Britta - that's wonderful news! I'll bet you guys
> just can't *wait* to get there. Lucky Vino gets to move to a new
> country :-)
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Thanks, Susan :-) Yup, I'm getting pretty antsy to get going now.
For some reason, we seem to make a major move every 5 years. But this
will definitely be the last time!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Susan M
August 31st 05, 03:43 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Thanks, Susan :-) Yup, I'm getting pretty antsy to get going now.
> For some reason, we seem to make a major move every 5 years. But this
> will definitely be the last time!

.... until you have to move away from the barrage of visiting rpca'ers :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Sam Nash
August 31st 05, 03:59 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.
> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before Dec.
> 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd have 6
> months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be going in
> November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what we're
> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they obviously
> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
> either.
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Congratulations in a major way, Britta! "Good on ya", albeit from a person
in the USA.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Takayuki
August 31st 05, 04:36 AM
"badwilson" > wrote:
>Vino's quarantine will be 1 month. We've looked at the facilities
>online and it all looks very good (although extremely expensive!).
>Large enclosures, bring your own food, etc. Just like if you were
>boarding a cat for a holiday, I'd guess. We'll be busy getting
>organized over there for the first 2 weeks anyway, so I'm sure the
>time will fly by for us. We'll visit him as much as possible too. I
>hope he doesn't suffer. But then, he's used to us going away for
>trips all the time. He will miss his maid but she's quitting anyway
>in December because she wants to go back to the family banana
>plantation.

Awwww, such a long time to be apart! But I'm sure it'll be worth it
when he joins you in your new home.

It also sounds fascinating that you're thinking of studying winery.
They have a lot of winery grads in California, I recall. In Australia
though, they'll probably teach you their own unusual techniques like
how to make wine from kangaroos and freshly squeezed eucalyptus
leaves. (Just kidding, Yowie!)

Takayuki
August 31st 05, 04:37 AM
"badwilson" > wrote:

>Thanks :-) Urgh, I'm already quaking in my shoes at the thought of
>mastering the Oz language. I'm sure it will be harder than when I had
>to learn English at age 10 ;-)

I think it opens up more opportunities when you actually have a chance
of being able to speak the native language. :)

badwilson
August 31st 05, 04:52 AM
Sam Nash wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>> Anyway, we have to make an initial entry trip to Australia before
>> Dec. 2, which is much sooner than we had thought. We thought we'd
>> have 6 months and were planning to go in January. But now we'll be
>> going in November. So I'll see you soon, Helen Wheels!
>> We won't be able to actually move over there until after March,
>> because of Vino. It is going to be very hard to wait! Oh well,
>> *anything* for our little boy. And y'all wouldn't believe what
we're
>> going through to get him over there. Can't discuss it here, sorry!
>> So I just wanted to thank everyone for the visa purrs, they
obviously
>> worked. And a few purrs for getting Vino sorted out wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>> --
>> Britta
>> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown
>> Check out pictures of Vino at:
>> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
>>
> Congratulations in a major way, Britta! "Good on ya", albeit from a
> person in the USA.
> Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Thanks, Sam! It's definitely a dream come true. We got married in
Australia 9 1/2 years ago. Now we'll actually be living in the same
country that our marriage certificate is from :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

jmcquown
August 31st 05, 10:51 AM
badwilson wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> badwilson wrote:
>>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!!
>>
>> Congratulations! Purrs for Vino's relocation, too :)
>>
>> Jill
>
> Thanks, Jill :-) I'm sure the move will be good for Vino. We plan to
> make sure he has some sort of enclosure over there to give him access
> to the outside. I'm sure he'll absolutely love that.

He'll love all the new birds he can spy, too! :)

Jill

Adrian
August 31st 05, 02:48 PM
Exocat wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote
>
>> Thanks, but being Canadian, aren't I already part of the Old Empire?
>> We do have the Queen on our money, you know!
>
> Oops, my bad!
>
> Senior moment (Alzheimer episode, call it what you will): I thought I
> remembered that you were German to start with and had forgotten
> all about Canada. Sorry!
>
> Purrs of welcome anyway.
>
> G & the FF

I blame the heat, Gordon, we're not used to it. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Exocat
August 31st 05, 06:05 PM
"Adrian" > wrote

> I blame the heat, Gordon, we're not used to it. ;-)

I'll go along with that :-)
Better make the most of it while it lasts, though, as our
looooooonnnnnnngggggggggg
autumn/winter/spring of comparative coldness is nearly upon us :-(((

Purrs
G & the FF

W. Leong
August 31st 05, 06:17 PM
"Exocat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] ipex.net...

> "Adrian" > wrote
>
>> I blame the heat, Gordon, we're not used to it. ;-)
>
> I'll go along with that :-)
> Better make the most of it while it lasts, though, as our
> looooooonnnnnnngggggggggg
> autumn/winter/spring of comparative coldness is nearly upon us :-(((
>
> Purrs
> G & the FF

Oh yes, we will go from 30C to -30C in a few months.
Shudder.

Winnie

Adrian
August 31st 05, 08:11 PM
Exocat wrote:
> "Adrian" > wrote
>
>> I blame the heat, Gordon, we're not used to it. ;-)
>
> I'll go along with that :-)
> Better make the most of it while it lasts, though, as our
> looooooonnnnnnngggggggggg
> autumn/winter/spring of comparative coldness is nearly upon us :-(((
>
> Purrs
> G & the FF

Winter draws on, as they say. ;-)

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Pamela Shirk
September 4th 05, 01:57 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
> silly to do that by myself.

WOO HOO!!!!!! Concatulations from all of us here. :-) You'll all be
treasured additions to the Australian populace in no time. They are very
lucky to have you moving in.

Pam S.

dave
September 4th 05, 02:09 AM
Helen Wheels wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it, just
>> opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't figure
>> out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house with him
>> while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>

> Hey, great news!
> If you need a hand with anything from this end, just give me a yodel. Or
> an email even. Anything we can do for his Royal Vinoship...

Gawd what are you doing over here?

dave
September 4th 05, 02:12 AM
Helen Wheels wrote:
> badwilson wrote:
>
>> Helen Wheels wrote:

>> your

>> Unknown

>>> Citizenship! Blimey, in 28 years here I haven't gone that far :)
>>

>> Seriously?!? Sheesh, what are you waiting for? Ok, wait a couple of
>> years and we'll do it together :-)
>

> But then my best mate would have to find something else to call me. "Yer
> pommy b*st*rd" just wouldn't work any more.

Hell My mate Pauls has been a citizen for 10 years now. But he will
always be a pommy bas*****

badwilson
September 4th 05, 04:03 AM
Pamela Shirk wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> We got the Aussie visa! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I can't believe it,
>> just opened the email first thing this morning, same as every other
>> morning, and there it was! I started bawling and Vino couldn't
>> figure out what was wrong with me. I had to dance around the house
>> with him while bawling and I got his fur all wet. But he didn't
>> mind :-)
>> I'm just sad that Dennis is away working and won't be back until
>> Sept.16. I really want to pop the cork on the champagne but it
seems
>> silly to do that by myself.
>>

> WOO HOO!!!!!! Concatulations from all of us here. :-)

Thanks, Pam!

> You'll all be
> treasured additions to the Australian populace in no time. They are
> very lucky to have you moving in.

Well, I should think so! Hee hee! ;-)