PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep a stray out of my garden, without hurting my cat?

August 31st 05, 03:13 AM
I have a one year old tom cat, and recently (since about the beginning
of august) he has been bullied by a stray cat who comes into our
garden, and chases him into the house, I also think he attacks him, as
a few times now, i have heard a loud yowl, and my cat run in, and
upstairs like a bat out of hell.

Does anyone know anyways of keeping that cat out of my garden and away
from my cat, without hurting it, or disturbing my cat. (who likes to
walk around the garden, and the streets around my house)

Any help would be appreciated

Jade Jago
September 3rd 05, 11:24 AM
Get your cat desexed. The other may be less inclined to come around then
(because it feels less threatened and less need to defend his territory),
and it will also permanently remove the chance of Testicular cancer for your
cat. If this is not possible because it is a pedigree show cat, keep it in
doors only. Not only will its coat improve in condition, but it is a lot
safer for it. Any non-desexed cat should be kept in doors at all times, and
all cats should be kept indoors at night. This is when they get into the
most trouble (beat up etc), and are most likely to do damage to wildlife who
just cant see as well as they do!
You could also try trapping it and getting it desexed by a local desexing
clinic. Some are very very cheap.
Unfortunately there isn't much else you can do, but like I said, if your cat
isn't desexed it should be indoors, anyways.
Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.
Jade.

ups.com...