PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear....


wafflycat
September 1st 05, 05:33 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/4205808.stm

"A pet cat caused a house fire after a TV caught light when he was sick on
it. Julie Morris' property in Byron Street, Normanton, Derby, was seriously
damaged in the blaze in the early hours of Wednesday. The fire spread from
the TV to the living room when Felix the cat was sick. The rest of the
property was left smoke damaged. Ms Morris, who had no house insurance, and
her pet managed to escape from the fire unharmed. The cost of the repairs
are not yet known and Ms Morris has been left temporarily homeless."

Now that one is a serious b*st*rd cat trick. Poor woman!


helen s

Enfilade
September 1st 05, 09:45 PM
wafflycat wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/4205808.stm
>
> "A pet cat caused a house fire after a TV caught light when he was sick on
> it. Julie Morris' property in Byron Street, Normanton, Derby, was seriously
> damaged in the blaze in the early hours of Wednesday. The fire spread from
> the TV to the living room when Felix the cat was sick. The rest of the
> property was left smoke damaged. Ms Morris, who had no house insurance, and
> her pet managed to escape from the fire unharmed. The cost of the repairs
> are not yet known and Ms Morris has been left temporarily homeless."
>
> Now that one is a serious b*st*rd cat trick. Poor woman!
>
>
> helen s

I don't know to laugh or cry. Poor woman and poor cat, he tricked
himself right out of a home.

--Fil

Exocat
September 1st 05, 10:04 PM
"wafflycat" <waffles*$*A**T*v21net$**D*O*T*co*D$*O*T*uk> wrote
>
> "A pet cat caused a house fire after a TV caught light when he was
> sick on it.

It does raise a laugh at first, of the "there but for the grace........"
variety, but
after that the awfulness of their position of homelessness sinks in.
Here's
hoping some true Samaritan can be found to help out.

Purrs

Gordon & the FF

Howard C. Berkowitz
September 2nd 05, 01:56 AM
In article >, "wafflycat" <remove
celebrities, money and change caps to obvious> wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/4205808.stm
>
> "A pet cat caused a house fire after a TV caught light when he was sick
> on
> it. Julie Morris' property in Byron Street, Normanton, Derby, was
> seriously
> damaged in the blaze in the early hours of Wednesday. The fire spread
> from
> the TV to the living room when Felix the cat was sick. The rest of the
> property was left smoke damaged. Ms Morris, who had no house insurance,
> and
> her pet managed to escape from the fire unharmed. The cost of the repairs
> are not yet known and Ms Morris has been left temporarily homeless."
>
> Now that one is a serious b*st*rd cat trick. Poor woman!
>
>
> helen s
>

My first wife came home one day to find her cat, Theo (RB) being
resuscitated (successfully) by the Fairfax County, Virginia, fire
department. Her house guest had left a clamped-on light above the bed,
and her cats (other house guests) knocked it onto the bed, and the heat
of the light bulb set the bed on fire.

Theo, normally a most sensible cat, ran under the burning bed to hide.
Luckily for him, standard fire search always checks under beds --
children tend to go there.

The fire was contained, but she was not amused to hear on the next day's
local news, "Two Cats Burn Falls Church Apartment."