PDA

View Full Version : Wake-up call


Singh
September 2nd 05, 04:16 PM
I think it was Whiskas that had an ad a few years ago with three cartoon
cats, one of them a big fat one voiced by Tom Bosley--an appropriate actor
for the kitty character, I think--and it was time to get their servant out
of bed for breakfast. The Bosley cat stepped in and said something like "let
me show how it's done," got on his marks, got set, and took a mighty jump
onto the beer-gut of the sleeping twoleg with a shout--"Time to feed the
kitties!!!"

Brandy sort of looks like the Bosley cat, except for the calico tuxedo she
wears, and somehow she's learned this maneuver and performs it very well.
I've come to depend on her like clockwork, as it's always within five
minutes of six AM when she pounces on my gut; and, like clockwork, Louie's
come to depend on the "OOF!" that I always respond. But she is just so
freaking cute, and so irreparably spoiled, that I can't get mad at her.
Especially when she comes walking over my chest making this huge, deep,
rumbling purr, and starts licking me like a puppy. Now who can get mad at
that?

Blessed be,
Baha

--

Three thousand years ago,
cats were deified in ancient Egypt.
To this day, they have not forgotten.

Bill Stock
September 3rd 05, 04:06 AM
"Singh" > wrote in message
...
>I think it was Whiskas that had an ad a few years ago with three cartoon
> cats, one of them a big fat one voiced by Tom Bosley--an appropriate actor
> for the kitty character, I think--and it was time to get their servant out
> of bed for breakfast. The Bosley cat stepped in and said something like
> "let
> me show how it's done," got on his marks, got set, and took a mighty jump
> onto the beer-gut of the sleeping twoleg with a shout--"Time to feed the
> kitties!!!"
>
> Brandy sort of looks like the Bosley cat, except for the calico tuxedo she
> wears, and somehow she's learned this maneuver and performs it very well.
> I've come to depend on her like clockwork, as it's always within five
> minutes of six AM when she pounces on my gut; and, like clockwork, Louie's
> come to depend on the "OOF!" that I always respond. But she is just so
> freaking cute, and so irreparably spoiled, that I can't get mad at her.
> Especially when she comes walking over my chest making this huge, deep,
> rumbling purr, and starts licking me like a puppy. Now who can get mad at
> that?

Cali has done this in the past. But her favourite is rattling the Venetian
blinds with her paw and jumping off the boxes under the window in full
gravity mode. I finally got tired of this so I moved the boxes I had stacked
under the window to let her look out. So now she's started jumping off the
furniture instead, not quite as high, but still very loud.

You have to love her ingenuity/evilness.

Singh
September 3rd 05, 04:23 AM
"Bill Stock" > wrote in message
...
> Cali has done this in the past. But her favourite is rattling the Venetian
> blinds with her paw and jumping off the boxes under the window in full
> gravity mode. I finally got tired of this so I moved the boxes I had
stacked
> under the window to let her look out. So now she's started jumping off the
> furniture instead, not quite as high, but still very loud.
>
> You have to love her ingenuity/evilness.

In the bedroom we have a cabinet that is ostensibly a catch-all for various
bits and pieces of chotchkies, but it's really a jungle-gym for Roxie. We
leave the doors open so she can climb up the shelves to the top, her
favorite perch. But when she wants to jump, boy oh boy! She's only seven,
eight pounds maximum, a very tall and lean beauty we call our Supermodel.
But gravity has a special way about itself, that makes seven pounds
considerably heavier when flying several feet down from a cabinet to land on
your gut! Louie has only recently started to forgive her.

Blessed be,
Baha
>
>
>

LazyRaptor
September 3rd 05, 06:37 AM
My Simon is so lazy he doesn't even bother to get out of bed to get ME
out of bed; instead, he just lays in his "catplace" (cardboard box with
heating pad) and he gives out this incredibly loud, absolutely
disgusted MEOWWW!!! that lets me know he thinks I am a vile slothful
lazy slug. After doing this several times he evidently feels his job is
done and HE rolls over and goes back to sleep.

After I finally get up and get my coffee and then sit down, he shows up
just in time to leap into my lap and demand that I pet him instead of
drinking my coffee. If I dare to turn to the computer to see what's
going on in the world, he starts walking back and forth across the
keyboard. I do dearly love the little guy and it's a real good thing
for him that I do! Seriously though, he's very affectionate and he's
been with me forever and I wouldn't part with him for anything. But
mornings are not his most lovable times.

whayface
September 3rd 05, 01:29 PM
On 2 Sep 2005 22:37:25 -0700, "LazyRaptor" > wrote:

>My Simon is so lazy he doesn't even bother to get out of bed to get ME
>out of bed; instead, he just lays in his "catplace" (cardboard box with
>heating pad) and he gives out this incredibly loud, absolutely
>disgusted MEOWWW!!! that lets me know he thinks I am a vile slothful
>lazy slug. After doing this several times he evidently feels his job is
>done and HE rolls over and goes back to sleep.
>
>After I finally get up and get my coffee and then sit down, he shows up
>just in time to leap into my lap and demand that I pet him instead of
>drinking my coffee. If I dare to turn to the computer to see what's
>going on in the world, he starts walking back and forth across the
>keyboard. I do dearly love the little guy and it's a real good thing
>for him that I do! Seriously though, he's very affectionate and he's
>been with me forever and I wouldn't part with him for anything. But
>mornings are not his most lovable times.

My 14 year old Kitty bites whatever part of me she can get at until I get up in the AM to
give her fresh food and the longer it takes to get me up the harder she bites. Does not
better what time it is as long as it is light out.



http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/strays.htm