PDA

View Full Version : Sort of looking for a new cat

Cheryl
July 18th 04, 11:57 PM
I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
aren't really MCs.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

--
Cheryl

Jeanette
July 19th 04, 12:05 AM
Cheryl > wrote in message
> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> aren't really MCs.
>
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>
> --
> Cheryl

They're both beautiful. It's so hard to decide isn't it? Go with your
instinct :)

Jeanette

Jeanette
July 19th 04, 12:05 AM

Cheryl > wrote in message
> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> aren't really MCs.
>
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>
> --
> Cheryl

They're both beautiful. It's so hard to decide isn't it? Go with your
instinct :)

Jeanette

m. L. Briggs
July 19th 04, 12:34 AM
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:05:10 GMT, "Jeanette" >
wrote:

>Cheryl > wrote in message
>> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
>> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
>> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
>> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
>> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
>> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
>> aren't really MCs.
>>
>> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
>> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>>
>> --
>> Cheryl
>
>They're both beautiful. It's so hard to decide isn't it? Go with your
>instinct :)
>
>Jeanette

Yeah! Take both. MLB

wrote:

>Cheryl > wrote in message
>> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
>> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
>> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
>> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
>> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
>> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
>> aren't really MCs.
>>
>> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
>> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>>
>> --
>> Cheryl
>
>They're both beautiful. It's so hard to decide isn't it? Go with your
>instinct :)
>
>Jeanette

Yeah! Take both. MLB

July 19th 04, 12:34 AM
Cheryl > wrote:

> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> aren't really MCs.

> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

You sure about PJ? He sure looks like one!

Joyce

July 19th 04, 12:34 AM

Cheryl > wrote:

> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> aren't really MCs.

> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

You sure about PJ? He sure looks like one!

Joyce

Cheryl
July 19th 04, 12:50 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes",
artfully composed this message within
> on 18 Jul 2004:

> Cheryl > wrote:
>
> > I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been
> > retested for FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The
> > first kitty looks just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but
> > Marley was short-haired. The second has a really sad story. PJ
> > needs socializing, but I've done that with Bonnie da wild
> > gurlll so I don't see a problem there. Oh, and I really like
> > Maine Coon cats for their large size. These aren't really MCs.
>
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>
> You sure about PJ? He sure looks like one!
>
> Joyce

<G> I emailed the foster parents. Just to tell my interest, story,
and that I'm not ready just yet but that I wanted to know about PJ.
Adults are sometimes sitting around for a while, so I hope he will
be there still when I'm ready, but another part of me hopes he will
get a home tomorrow.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 19th 04, 12:50 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes",
artfully composed this message within
> on 18 Jul 2004:

> Cheryl > wrote:
>
> > I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been
> > retested for FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The
> > first kitty looks just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but
> > Marley was short-haired. The second has a really sad story. PJ
> > needs socializing, but I've done that with Bonnie da wild
> > gurlll so I don't see a problem there. Oh, and I really like
> > Maine Coon cats for their large size. These aren't really MCs.
>
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>
> You sure about PJ? He sure looks like one!
>
> Joyce

<G> I emailed the foster parents. Just to tell my interest, story,
and that I'm not ready just yet but that I wanted to know about PJ.
Adults are sometimes sitting around for a while, so I hope he will
be there still when I'm ready, but another part of me hopes he will
get a home tomorrow.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 19th 04, 12:50 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes",
artfully composed this message within
> on 18 Jul 2004:

> Cheryl > wrote:
>
> > I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been
> > retested for FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The
> > first kitty looks just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but
> > Marley was short-haired. The second has a really sad story. PJ
> > needs socializing, but I've done that with Bonnie da wild
> > gurlll so I don't see a problem there. Oh, and I really like
> > Maine Coon cats for their large size. These aren't really MCs.
>
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>
> You sure about PJ? He sure looks like one!
>
> Joyce

<G> I emailed the foster parents. Just to tell my interest, story,
and that I'm not ready just yet but that I wanted to know about PJ.
Adults are sometimes sitting around for a while, so I hope he will
be there still when I'm ready, but another part of me hopes he will
get a home tomorrow.

--
Cheryl

July 19th 04, 01:36 AM
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:57:10 -0500, Cheryl
> wrote:

>I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
>FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
>just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
>The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
>done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
>Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
>aren't really MCs.
>
>http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
>http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

Having a Maine Coon like cat, I can say that they will be wonderful
companions. They are really clowns.
If it was me I would take them both.
Here is my Maine Coon like cat
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hildenp/detail?.dir=/406b&.dnm=afe5.jpg

or
http://tinyurl.com/5nn85

May a full litterbox fall and kill the person that left Mister!

July 19th 04, 01:36 AM
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:57:10 -0500, Cheryl
> wrote:

>I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
>FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
>just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
>The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
>done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
>Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
>aren't really MCs.
>
>http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
>http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

Having a Maine Coon like cat, I can say that they will be wonderful
companions. They are really clowns.
If it was me I would take them both.
Here is my Maine Coon like cat
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hildenp/detail?.dir=/406b&.dnm=afe5.jpg

or
http://tinyurl.com/5nn85

May a full litterbox fall and kill the person that left Mister!

July 19th 04, 01:36 AM
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:57:10 -0500, Cheryl
> wrote:

>I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
>FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
>just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
>The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
>done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
>Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
>aren't really MCs.
>
>http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
>http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

Having a Maine Coon like cat, I can say that they will be wonderful
companions. They are really clowns.
If it was me I would take them both.
Here is my Maine Coon like cat
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hildenp/detail?.dir=/406b&.dnm=afe5.jpg

or
http://tinyurl.com/5nn85

May a full litterbox fall and kill the person that left Mister!

Pat
July 19th 04, 01:57 AM
PJ look exactly like my RB Safford cat. Safford was always very very shy. I
wish I could adopt more homeless ones!

Pat
July 19th 04, 01:57 AM
PJ look exactly like my RB Safford cat. Safford was always very very shy. I
wish I could adopt more homeless ones!

Pat
July 19th 04, 01:57 AM
PJ look exactly like my RB Safford cat. Safford was always very very shy. I
wish I could adopt more homeless ones!

LOL
July 19th 04, 06:31 AM
Cheryl > wrote in message >...
> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> aren't really MCs.
>
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*

I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)

------
Krista

LOL
July 19th 04, 06:31 AM

Cheryl > wrote in message >...
> I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> aren't really MCs.
>
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473

Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*

I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)

------
Krista

Karen
July 19th 04, 02:52 PM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> Cheryl > wrote in message
> > I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> > FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> > just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> > The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> > done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> > Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> > aren't really MCs.
> >
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>

> Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*

Y'know, when a cat shows up, right after you have lost one, you can bet you
shouldn't mess with Karma. Mikey is TELLING you something.

> I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
> houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)
>
> ------
> Krista

Karen
July 19th 04, 02:52 PM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> Cheryl > wrote in message
> > I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> > FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> > just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> > The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> > done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> > Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> > aren't really MCs.
> >
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>

> Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*

Y'know, when a cat shows up, right after you have lost one, you can bet you
shouldn't mess with Karma. Mikey is TELLING you something.

> I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
> houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)
>
> ------
> Krista

Karen
July 19th 04, 02:52 PM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...
> Cheryl > wrote in message
> > I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> > FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> > just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> > The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> > done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> > Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> > aren't really MCs.
> >
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
>

> Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*

Y'know, when a cat shows up, right after you have lost one, you can bet you
shouldn't mess with Karma. Mikey is TELLING you something.

> I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
> houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)
>
> ------
> Krista

Howard Berkowitz
July 19th 04, 04:36 PM
In article >, "Karen"
> wrote:

> "LOL" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Cheryl > wrote in message
> > > I know it is soon, and Bonnie and Shamrock haven't been retested for
> > > FeLV yet, but I've been browsing Petfinder. The first kitty looks
> > > just like Marley (RB for over 2 years) but Marley was short-haired.
> > > The second has a really sad story. PJ needs socializing, but I've
> > > done that with Bonnie da wild gurlll so I don't see a problem there.
> > > Oh, and I really like Maine Coon cats for their large size. These
> > > aren't really MCs.
> > >
> > > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2657444
> > > http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3142473
> >

> > Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> > send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> > She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> > figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> > one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*
>
> Y'know, when a cat shows up, right after you have lost one, you can bet
> you
> shouldn't mess with Karma. Mikey is TELLING you something.

There is something to that Karmic aspect. About 3 or 4 weeks after
Clifford died, I wandered down to the local Advocat rescue group at
PetSmart. All I thought I was doing was to see whether I coulr really
even look at a cat.

To give some perspective, I realized that my relationship with Clifford,
who made it to about 17 1/2. was the longest-term, continuous close
relationship I'd had in my life -- broken childhood, and, while he was
adopted right after my 2nd marriage, he outlasted the marriage. So,
he's very close and I still feel a connection.

I didn't expect the way this particular rescue group does things...as
soon as you show interest, they open the cage and put the cat in your
arms. Rhonda, a kitten at the time, was in with one sister. It wasn't a
question of "putting" her into my arms -- she surged out, planted
herself firmly, and started vigorously licking my nose.

Before I knew it, I was leaving with my new family of three biologically
unrelated cats, who were friends from the very start. I had been
concerned that Mr. Clark, an adult altered tomcat, might have problems
with kittens, but, instead, he turned very parental and took very good
care of him. He probably reassured me just on the trip home, as his
carrier was the one on the front seat, and he was the only one of the
three not wailing, but just regarding me calmly and greeting me
occasionally. He's turned out to be the most insistent kisser of the
three.

Howard Berkowitz
July 19th 04, 04:36 PM
In article >, "Karen"
> [...]

soon as you show interest, they open the cage and put the cat in your
arms. Rhonda, a kitten at the time, was in with one sister. It wasn't a
question of "putting" her into my arms -- she surged out, planted
herself firmly, and started vigorously licking my nose.

Before I knew it, I was leaving with my new family of three biologically
unrelated cats, who were friends from the very start. I had been
concerned that Mr. Clark, an adult altered tomcat, might have problems
with kittens, but, instead, he turned very parental and took very good
care of him. He probably reassured me just on the trip home, as his
carrier was the one on the front seat, and he was the only one of the
three not wailing, but just regarding me calmly and greeting me
occasionally. He's turned out to be the most insistent kisser of the

July 19th 04, 05:12 PM
"Howard Berkowitz" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Karen"
> > wrote:
>
> > "LOL" > wrote in message
> > om...

> > > Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> > > send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> > > She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> > > figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> > > one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*
> >
> > Y'know, when a cat shows up, right after you have lost one, you can bet
> > you
> > shouldn't mess with Karma. Mikey is TELLING you something.
> >

> There is something to that Karmic aspect. About 3 or 4 weeks after
> Clifford died, I wandered down to the local Advocat rescue group at
> PetSmart. All I thought I was doing was to see whether I coulr really
> even look at a cat.
>
> To give some perspective, I realized that my relationship with Clifford,
> who made it to about 17 1/2. was the longest-term, continuous close
> relationship I'd had in my life -- broken childhood, and, while he was
> adopted right after my 2nd marriage, he outlasted the marriage. So,
> he's very close and I still feel a connection.
>
> I didn't expect the way this particular rescue group does things...as
> soon as you show interest, they open the cage and put the cat in your
> arms. Rhonda, a kitten at the time, was in with one sister. It wasn't a
> question of "putting" her into my arms -- she surged out, planted
> herself firmly, and started vigorously licking my nose.
>
> Before I knew it, I was leaving with my new family of three biologically
> unrelated cats, who were friends from the very start. I had been
> concerned that Mr. Clark, an adult altered tomcat, might have problems
> with kittens, but, instead, he turned very parental and took very good
> care of him. He probably reassured me just on the trip home, as his
> carrier was the one on the front seat, and he was the only one of the
> three not wailing, but just regarding me calmly and greeting me
> occasionally. He's turned out to be the most insistent kisser of the
> three.

AWWWWwwwwwwwww

> [...]

> soon as you show interest, they open the cage and put the cat in your
> arms. Rhonda, a kitten at the time, was in with one sister. It wasn't a
> question of "putting" her into my arms -- she surged out, planted
> herself firmly, and started vigorously licking my nose.
>
> Before I knew it, I was leaving with my new family of three biologically
> unrelated cats, who were friends from the very start. I had been
> concerned that Mr. Clark, an adult altered tomcat, might have problems
> with kittens, but, instead, he turned very parental and took very good
> care of him. He probably reassured me just on the trip home, as his
> carrier was the one on the front seat, and he was the only one of the
> three not wailing, but just regarding me calmly and greeting me
> occasionally. He's turned out to be the most insistent kisser of the

AWWWWwwwwwwwww

Sam Nash
July 20th 04, 03:47 AM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...

> Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*
>
> I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
> houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)
>
> ------
> Krista

Ahhh. Mr. Mike sent an emissary to tell you that you are *not* to be
catless! Whether you think you're ready doesn't seem to matter. Sounds
like "Mike says" to me.
Sam

Sam Nash
July 20th 04, 03:47 AM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...

> Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*
>
> I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
> houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)
>
> ------
> Krista

Ahhh. Mr. Mike sent an emissary to tell you that you are *not* to be
catless! Whether you think you're ready doesn't seem to matter. Sounds
like "Mike says" to me.
Sam

Sam Nash
July 20th 04, 03:47 AM
"LOL" > wrote in message
om...

> Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*
>
> I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
> houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)
>
> ------
> Krista

Ahhh. Mr. Mike sent an emissary to tell you that you are *not* to be
catless! Whether you think you're ready doesn't seem to matter. Sounds
like "Mike says" to me.
Sam

JPHobbs
July 20th 04, 05:39 AM
Took me a year to even think like even *feeling*ready for another after
I lost Henri, but I guess if a stray had turned up on my doorstep
I know I would have accepted it as a sign that Henri knew I needed
a cat friend, so I hope this turns out to be a cat friend for you from
mikey
Jean.P.

Sam Nash > wrote in message
> "LOL" > wrote in message
> om...
>
> > Though she's nothing like the cats you're looking at, I wish I could
> > send you the little visitor we've been having for the last few days.
> > She's a perfect love of a little black longhaired girl. We can't
> > figure out if she has a home; if not, she'll most likely end up having
> > one with us, though I am *not* really ready for another cat. *sigh*
> >
> > I know you'll make the right decision, but I'll have our little
> > houseguest send you some of her funny cooing purrs, just in case. ;-)
> >
> > ------
> > Krista
>
> Ahhh. Mr. Mike sent an emissary to tell you that you are *not* to be
> catless! Whether you think you're ready doesn't seem to matter. Sounds
> like "Mike says" to me.
> Sam

LOL
July 21st 04, 07:10 AM
"Karen" > wrote in message >...

> Y'know, when a cat shows up, right after you have lost one, you can bet you
> shouldn't mess with Karma. Mikey is TELLING you something.

Heh. I don't think Mike's telling me anything; he hated other cats.
He got along quite well with several different dogs during his life,
though, and it might not surprise me if he sent one of the *two* stray
dogs that have also been hanging around.

Mike's been gone less than a month, and so far three stray animals
have started thinking they live here. I never quite appreciated what
an excellent job of guardcatting Mikey did.

------
Krista

LOL
July 21st 04, 07:10 AM