PDA

View Full Version : Re: Rosie on the roof

LOL
August 8th 04, 09:36 AM
"Annie Wxill" > wrote in message >...
> Rosie's been really good about staying in the back yard, while Jim puttered
> around working on various projects. But today, Jim came inside and said
> that Rosie had gone missing.
> I went outside and called to her and heard her sweet little voice answer me
> from the neighbor's side of the fence. She had jumped the fence, climbed a
> tree, and was walking on the lattice top to the neighbor's back patio.
> My first thought was to keep an eye on her and wait for her to figure out
> how to get down.
> When she went up there once before, we bungled the rescue and she got away
> from us and went under the neighbor's deck.
> But, when I got closer to her, I reconsidered. Although she had some shade
> from the tree, it was a hot day. I could see Rosie was panting off and on,
> so I thought it best not to leave her up there much longer.
> I went back into our house and got her travel case and took it into the
> neighbor's yard.
> First I tried to call Rosie down, but she hesitated to come.
> I could see how she must have climbed a branch and jumped to the roof. But
> the branch was not very big, and the lattice top probably did not give her
> enough solid footing to jump back and grab the limb.
> I could reach the roof by standing in the V where the limbs branched out
> from the trunk. Rosie came over to me, but I was not tall enough to get a
> hold on her. She did accept some chin rubs, though.
> I lifted her travel case overhead and set it on the roof. This is the same
> case, by-the-way, that I'd used a couple of days ago to take her to TED for
> her vaccinations. So, I was a little concerned about getting her to go in
> under her own steam.
> But, It only took a little coaxing and she went right in and lay down.
> I zipped the bag up and took it off the roof and handed it down to Jim, who
> was holding onto me to keep me from falling out of the tree.
> We were relieved to have Rosie back in the house, and she was happy to
> settle down on the tile to cool off. Then, she slept all afternoon on the
> couch.
> Annie

Awww, Rosie had a Big Adventure! Please give her an extra scritch for me. :-)
------
Krista

> [...]

> hold on her. She did accept some chin rubs, though.
> I lifted her travel case overhead and set it on the roof. This is the same
> case, by-the-way, that I'd used a couple of days ago to take her to TED for
> her vaccinations. So, I was a little concerned about getting her to go in
> under her own steam.
> But, It only took a little coaxing and she went right in and lay down.
> I zipped the bag up and took it off the roof and handed it down to Jim, who
> was holding onto me to keep me from falling out of the tree.
> We were relieved to have Rosie back in the house, and she was happy to
> settle down on the tile to cool off. Then, she slept all afternoon on the
> couch.
> Annie

Awww, Rosie had a Big Adventure! Please give her an extra scritch for me. :-)

Lisa Katt
August 11th 04, 03:49 PM
Annie Wxill skrev i meddelandet ...
>Rosie's been really good about staying in the back yard, while Jim puttered
>around working on various projects. But today, Jim came inside and said
>that Rosie had gone missing.
>I went outside and called to her and heard her sweet little voice answer me
>from the neighbor's side of the fence. She had jumped the fence, climbed a
>tree, and was walking on the lattice top to the neighbor's back patio.
>My first thought was to keep an eye on her and wait for her to figure out
>how to get down.
>When she went up there once before, we bungled the rescue and she got away
>from us and went under the neighbor's deck.
>But, when I got closer to her, I reconsidered. Although she had some shade
>from the tree, it was a hot day. I could see Rosie was panting off and on,
>so I thought it best not to leave her up there much longer.
>I went back into our house and got her travel case and took it into the
>neighbor's yard.
>First I tried to call Rosie down, but she hesitated to come.
>I could see how she must have climbed a branch and jumped to the roof. But
>the branch was not very big, and the lattice top probably did not give her
>enough solid footing to jump back and grab the limb.
>I could reach the roof by standing in the V where the limbs branched out
>from the trunk. Rosie came over to me, but I was not tall enough to get a
>hold on her. She did accept some chin rubs, though.
>I lifted her travel case overhead and set it on the roof. This is the same
>case, by-the-way, that I'd used a couple of days ago to take her to TED for
>her vaccinations. So, I was a little concerned about getting her to go in
>under her own steam.
> But, It only took a little coaxing and she went right in and lay down.
>I zipped the bag up and took it off the roof and handed it down to Jim, who
>was holding onto me to keep me from falling out of the tree.
>We were relieved to have Rosie back in the house, and she was happy to
>settle down on the tile to cool off. Then, she slept all afternoon on the
>couch.
>Annie

Oh, what a good kitty Rosie is! I am happy for her that she can have a
little adventure now and then. Makes for a happy cat.
My Hugo Katt has always been a great climber. Where he can get up he can
also get down. Always. So I don't have to worry about that.
Elisabet

> [...]

>case, by-the-way, that I'd used a couple of days ago to take her to TED for
>her vaccinations. So, I was a little concerned about getting her to go in
>under her own steam.
> But, It only took a little coaxing and she went right in and lay down.
>I zipped the bag up and took it off the roof and handed it down to Jim, who
>was holding onto me to keep me from falling out of the tree.
>We were relieved to have Rosie back in the house, and she was happy to
>settle down on the tile to cool off. Then, she slept all afternoon on the
>couch.
>Annie

Oh, what a good kitty Rosie is! I am happy for her that she can have a
little adventure now and then. Makes for a happy cat.
My Hugo Katt has always been a great climber. Where he can get up he can
also get down. Always. So I don't have to worry about that.

Annie Wxill
August 11th 04, 08:37 PM
"SUQKRT" > wrote in message
....>
> Whew! I'm glad you got her down safely.
> Suz
> Macmoosette
> Thank Heavens There's Only One

Rosie and I thank you.
Annie

Annie Wxill
August 11th 04, 08:37 PM
"SUQKRT" > wrote in message
....>
> Whew! I'm glad you got her down safely.
> Suz
> Macmoosette
> Thank Heavens There's Only One

Rosie and I thank you.
Annie

Annie Wxill
August 11th 04, 08:37 PM
"SUQKRT" > wrote in message
....>
> Whew! I'm glad you got her down safely.
> Suz
> Macmoosette
> Thank Heavens There's Only One

Rosie and I thank you.
Annie

Annie Wxill
August 11th 04, 08:42 PM
"Lisa Katt" > wrote in message

> Oh, what a good kitty Rosie is! I am happy for her that she can have a
> little adventure now and then. Makes for a happy cat.
> My Hugo Katt has always been a great climber. Where he can get up he can
> also get down. Always. So I don't have to worry about that.
> Elisabet

Hi Elisabet,
Thank goodness it was a little adventure.
I wish I could have met Hugo Katt when I was in Sweden.
However, I'm glad I got to meet you.
Annie

Annie Wxill
August 11th 04, 08:42 PM