PDA

View Full Version : Re: [OT] Tropical Storms Bonnie and Charlie

Christina Websell
August 13th 04, 09:51 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
> Christina Websell wrote:
>
> > Wonder if it came to here in ÚK. Last night FOUR INCHES OF RAIN in
> > twelve hours. We have floods.
> > The climate here gets on my nerves. Good job that Kitty wasn't out
> > last night instead of Saturday.
> >
> > Tweed
>
> That was the last gasp of hurricane Alex.

Really? Sounds like a good explanation. We had a hurricane in 1987ish and
a tornado a bit before that that killed a distant member of my DH's family,
but normally we get no real weather extremes here in England because of the
Gulf Stream.
The lowest temperature I can remember is -15C, around 3 or 4F and the
highest was a Uk record last year, 35 or 6C IIRC. Over 100F anyway. That
was in August.
Phew.
At the moment we are getting rain of Biblical proportions. 1 hour of sun
and 23 of rain per day right now.

Tweed
wondering whether an ark will soon be necessary

Christina Websell
August 13th 04, 09:51 PM