PDA

View Full Version : Vale Simon (RB)

Helen Wheels
August 14th 04, 05:56 AM
Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Simon had already reached the ripe old age of 17 when he came to
live with me and my furry bunch. His first family were moving
away from Australia permanently, and while they were very upset
at the thought of leaving Simon here, they just felt that the
long trip would have been too much stress for the old fellow and
that letting him stay in a loving home here in Australia would be
the kindest thing for him.

So, four years ago this amazing cat moved into my house and began
walking all over me. I loved it. At the time I had two 10-year
old cats who hung out together, and two 4-year olds who did
likewise. Simon had always been an only cat before, but he took
the youngsters in his stride and soon decided he wanted a
sidekick too and I should be it.

He was rarely far from me. He'd sit on my lap while I watched
telly; if I was out gardening, he'd be sitting within a couple of
yards. It took a while to persuade him to sleep on the bed with
me and the rest of the cats; I'd pick him up and put him on the
bed every night for the first two months, but he'd jump right
off, preferring to sleep on his old blanket instead. But one
night, I was just nodding off to sleep when I heard a little
"plop" sound on the bed next to me, and there was Simon curled up
in the spot that became his from then on.

When Simon stopped eating about 2 years ago, the vet diagnosed
renal failure and recommended what were then quite new tablets
(ACE-inhibitors). Simon was soon hoovering down his tuna again,
and I'm certain the medications not only lengthened his life, but
more importantly improved his quality of life tremendously. He
was able to eat and drink on his own right up until the last
couple of days. Although he got more physically frail as time
progressed, he got better and better at giving orders and would
let me know loudly when it was time to lift him up onto the sofa
or bed.

Only in this last couple of weeks did he start to find it really
difficult to get around. He had no pain, but had little strength
in his back legs and would lose his balance. I've been off work
this last week so was able to help him when he needed to get up
for food or drink.

When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
so quietly that I barely noticed.

I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
golden fur in the sun.

Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Sherry
August 14th 04, 06:24 AM
Helen, I am so sorry. I'm glad Simon had a peaceful passing surrounded by those
who loved him, though. I know he had a wonderful life. Purrs for your broken
heart.

Sherry

Sherry
August 14th 04, 06:24 AM
Helen, I am so sorry. I'm glad Simon had a peaceful passing surrounded by those
who loved him, though. I know he had a wonderful life. Purrs for your broken
heart.

Sherry

Sherry
August 14th 04, 06:24 AM
Helen, I am so sorry. I'm glad Simon had a peaceful passing surrounded by those
who loved him, though. I know he had a wonderful life. Purrs for your broken
heart.

Sherry

Marina
August 14th 04, 07:04 AM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

I am so sorry to read this, Helen. Our condolences and deepest rumbling
purrs. You wrote an absolutely beautiful tribute to Simon, and you gave him
a wonderful last day. Hugs to you and the kitties who were left without
their friend.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina
August 14th 04, 07:04 AM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

I am so sorry to read this, Helen. Our condolences and deepest rumbling
purrs. You wrote an absolutely beautiful tribute to Simon, and you gave him
a wonderful last day. Hugs to you and the kitties who were left without
their friend.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina
August 14th 04, 07:04 AM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

I am so sorry to read this, Helen. Our condolences and deepest rumbling
purrs. You wrote an absolutely beautiful tribute to Simon, and you gave him
a wonderful last day. Hugs to you and the kitties who were left without
their friend.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Jeanette
August 14th 04, 09:10 AM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
> devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
> going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My sympathies, oldies give us so much love don't they? You and Simon were
both lucky to be able to share those last four years together.

With love

Jeanette

Jeanette
August 14th 04, 09:10 AM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
> devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
> going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My sympathies, oldies give us so much love don't they? You and Simon were
both lucky to be able to share those last four years together.

With love

Jeanette

Jeanette
August 14th 04, 09:10 AM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
> devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
> going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My sympathies, oldies give us so much love don't they? You and Simon were
both lucky to be able to share those last four years together.

With love

Jeanette

Cheryl
August 14th 04, 12:30 PM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Helen Wheels
> artfully composed this message within
> on 14 Aug 2004:

> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

RIP Simon. A lovely tribute. My condolences, Helen.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
August 14th 04, 12:30 PM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Helen Wheels
> artfully composed this message within
> on 14 Aug 2004:

> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

RIP Simon. A lovely tribute. My condolences, Helen.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
August 14th 04, 12:30 PM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Helen Wheels
> artfully composed this message within
> on 14 Aug 2004:

> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

RIP Simon. A lovely tribute. My condolences, Helen.

--
Cheryl

Adrian
August 14th 04, 02:32 PM
Helen Wheels wrote:
<Snip moving tribute>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Hugs and purrs Helen. I'm so sorry to read about Simon but I'm glad his
passing was so peaceful. I will light a candle for him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

---

Adrian
August 14th 04, 02:32 PM
Helen Wheels wrote:
<Snip moving tribute>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Hugs and purrs Helen. I'm so sorry to read about Simon but I'm glad his
passing was so peaceful. I will light a candle for him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

---

Adrian
August 14th 04, 02:32 PM
Helen Wheels wrote:
<Snip moving tribute>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Hugs and purrs Helen. I'm so sorry to read about Simon but I'm glad his
passing was so peaceful. I will light a candle for him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

---

Victor Martinez
August 14th 04, 02:33 PM
Helen Wheels wrote:
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Our deepest condolences for your loss. Simon was a special cat and he
was lucky to have found a special lady like yourself to take care of him
in his senior years. He will most definitely be waiting for your at the
RB, where I'm sure he's already found a great sunny spot to lie down.

*Hugs*

Victor

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam here:

Victor Martinez
August 14th 04, 02:33 PM

Helen Wheels wrote:
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Our deepest condolences for your loss. Simon was a special cat and he
was lucky to have found a special lady like yourself to take care of him
in his senior years. He will most definitely be waiting for your at the
RB, where I'm sure he's already found a great sunny spot to lie down.

*Hugs*

Victor

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam here:
Email me here:

JBHajos
August 14th 04, 02:54 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge.

It is, indeed, sad news. I'm sitting here crying *with* you. You
have our deepest, heartfelt sympathy. You wrote a wonderful tribute
to a very special kitty; the love you had for each other shines
through in a beautiful way. Hugs and purrs.

Jeanne

JBHajos
August 14th 04, 02:54 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge.

It is, indeed, sad news. I'm sitting here crying *with* you. You
have our deepest, heartfelt sympathy. You wrote a wonderful tribute
to a very special kitty; the love you had for each other shines
through in a beautiful way. Hugs and purrs.

Jeanne

JBHajos
August 14th 04, 02:54 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge.

It is, indeed, sad news. I'm sitting here crying *with* you. You
have our deepest, heartfelt sympathy. You wrote a wonderful tribute
to a very special kitty; the love you had for each other shines
through in a beautiful way. Hugs and purrs.

Jeanne

Annie Wxill
August 14th 04, 03:06 PM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. ...>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Helen,
Peace to you, too.
Hang onto those precious memories and take comfort from them.
I'm sure Simon has found that special space in the sun.
Annie

Annie Wxill
August 14th 04, 03:06 PM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. ...>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Helen,
Peace to you, too.
Hang onto those precious memories and take comfort from them.
I'm sure Simon has found that special space in the sun.
Annie

Annie Wxill
August 14th 04, 03:06 PM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. ...>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Helen,
Peace to you, too.
Hang onto those precious memories and take comfort from them.
I'm sure Simon has found that special space in the sun.
Annie

CatNipped
August 14th 04, 03:47 PM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

Helen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Healing purrs for your broken heart are
headed your way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)

CatNipped
August 14th 04, 03:47 PM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

Helen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Healing purrs for your broken heart are
headed your way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)

CatNipped
August 14th 04, 03:47 PM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

Helen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Healing purrs for your broken heart are
headed your way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)

badwilson
August 14th 04, 04:20 PM
Oh Helen, I'm so sorry. I am feeling this especially badly because I just
met him and he truly was a magnificent cat. It is great that he lived to be
21 years old and still had such a good quality of life until the very end.
How wonderful that all his fur-sibs gathered around and meatloafed for him
and that he got to make the trip to the RB with you and in front of the
fire.
Hugs and purrs and tears,
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

> [...]

> for food or drink.
>
> When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
> bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
> loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
> spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
> blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
> sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
> and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
> dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
> so quietly that I barely noticed.
>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Irulan
August 14th 04, 04:42 PM
We will light a candle for Simon's safe journey to the RB. He will be happy
there. Condolences to his family.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
> [...]

> for food or drink.
>
> When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
> bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
> loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
> spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
> blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
> sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
> and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
> dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
> so quietly that I barely noticed.
>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Dan M
August 14th 04, 04:53 PM
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

I am *so* sorry! CRF can be so very devastating. From the time our DD
was diagnosed to the time it took her life was about three years. You're
right - knowing that the time is coming does not make it any easier to bear.

We'll be purring for you and for Simon, and I'll light a candle this
evening to guide him on his trip to the Bridge.

Dan

Dan M
August 14th 04, 04:53 PM
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

I am *so* sorry! CRF can be so very devastating. From the time our DD
was diagnosed to the time it took her life was about three years. You're
right - knowing that the time is coming does not make it any easier to bear.

We'll be purring for you and for Simon, and I'll light a candle this
evening to guide him on his trip to the Bridge.

Dan

Dan M
August 14th 04, 04:53 PM
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

I am *so* sorry! CRF can be so very devastating. From the time our DD
was diagnosed to the time it took her life was about three years. You're
right - knowing that the time is coming does not make it any easier to bear.

We'll be purring for you and for Simon, and I'll light a candle this
evening to guide him on his trip to the Bridge.

Dan

Christine Burel
August 14th 04, 05:00 PM
Oh, Helen, many purrs from us here for Simon's passing to the Bridge. And
purrs to help ease your heart. He loved and was loved. {{{{Helen}}}
Christine
> [...]

> for food or drink.
>
> When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
> bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
> loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
> spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
> blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
> sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
> and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
> dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
> so quietly that I barely noticed.
>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Lisa Katt
August 14th 04, 05:03 PM
Helen Wheels skrev i meddelandet >...
>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
<snip>

Purrs to all of you!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Lisa Katt
August 14th 04, 05:03 PM
Helen Wheels skrev i meddelandet >...
>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
<snip>

Purrs to all of you!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Lisa Katt
August 14th 04, 05:03 PM
Helen Wheels skrev i meddelandet >...
>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
<snip>

Purrs to all of you!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Ginger-lyn Summer
August 14th 04, 05:33 PM
> [...]

>for food or drink.
>
>When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
>bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
>loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
>spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
>blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
>sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
>and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
>dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
>so quietly that I barely noticed.
>
>I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
>with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
>right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
>golden fur in the sun.
>
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss. Bless you for the dear loving you gave
this cat. May he be frolicking in that patch of sun at the Bridge,
unhindered and joyous.

Ginger-lyn

Ginger-lyn Summer
August 14th 04, 05:33 PM
> [...]

>loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
>spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
>blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
>sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
>and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
>dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
>so quietly that I barely noticed.
>
>I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
>with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
>right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
>golden fur in the sun.
>
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss. Bless you for the dear loving you gave
this cat. May he be frolicking in that patch of sun at the Bridge,

Steve Touchstone
August 14th 04, 05:37 PM
{{{{Helen}}}}
Sorry to hear the news, and will light a candle to help guide him on
his journey.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Steve Touchstone
August 14th 04, 05:37 PM
{{{{Helen}}}}
Sorry to hear the news, and will light a candle to help guide him on
his journey.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Steve Touchstone
August 14th 04, 05:37 PM
{{{{Helen}}}}
Sorry to hear the news, and will light a candle to help guide him on
his journey.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Melissa Houle
August 14th 04, 05:41 PM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
> devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
> going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
SNIP

> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Amen. I'm so sorry for your loss of this dear cat. His first family chose
his new home wisely, and the trip overseas probably WOULD have been too much
for him. No matter what the reason, it's never easy to say farewell to our
cat friends. Across the Rainbow Bridge, Simon is no doubt sprawled in a
nice, warm patch of golden sunlight, waiting for his beloved humans.

Melissa

Melissa Houle
August 14th 04, 05:41 PM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
> devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
> going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
SNIP

> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Amen. I'm so sorry for your loss of this dear cat. His first family chose
his new home wisely, and the trip overseas probably WOULD have been too much
for him. No matter what the reason, it's never easy to say farewell to our
cat friends. Across the Rainbow Bridge, Simon is no doubt sprawled in a
nice, warm patch of golden sunlight, waiting for his beloved humans.

Melissa

Melissa Houle
August 14th 04, 05:41 PM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
> devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
> going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
SNIP

> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Amen. I'm so sorry for your loss of this dear cat. His first family chose
his new home wisely, and the trip overseas probably WOULD have been too much
for him. No matter what the reason, it's never easy to say farewell to our
cat friends. Across the Rainbow Bridge, Simon is no doubt sprawled in a
nice, warm patch of golden sunlight, waiting for his beloved humans.

Melissa

O J
August 14th 04, 05:44 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug, Helen Wheels wrote:

---------------------<snip>----------------------
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

What a loving tribute to what sounds like a wonderful relationship
with an extraordinary cat. My deepest condolences. May Simon find a
peaceful path to walk.

Regards, and Purrs for your broken heart,
O J

O J
August 14th 04, 05:44 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug, Helen Wheels wrote:

---------------------<snip>----------------------
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

What a loving tribute to what sounds like a wonderful relationship
with an extraordinary cat. My deepest condolences. May Simon find a
peaceful path to walk.

Regards, and Purrs for your broken heart,
O J

O J
August 14th 04, 05:44 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug, Helen Wheels wrote:

---------------------<snip>----------------------
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

What a loving tribute to what sounds like a wonderful relationship
with an extraordinary cat. My deepest condolences. May Simon find a
peaceful path to walk.

Regards, and Purrs for your broken heart,
O J

August 14th 04, 05:51 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge.
SNIPED
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.
My condolences to you for your loss.
I am sure that Simon is in a better place where there is always a
patch of sun for him.

August 14th 04, 05:51 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge.
SNIPED
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.
My condolences to you for your loss.
I am sure that Simon is in a better place where there is always a
patch of sun for him.

August 14th 04, 05:51 PM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge.
SNIPED
>Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.
My condolences to you for your loss.
I am sure that Simon is in a better place where there is always a
patch of sun for him.

polonca12000
August 14th 04, 09:37 PM
What a wonderful tribute.
Lots of hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. <snip>

polonca12000
August 14th 04, 09:37 PM
What a wonderful tribute.
Lots of hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. <snip>

polonca12000
August 14th 04, 09:37 PM
What a wonderful tribute.
Lots of hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge. <snip>

Jo Firey
August 14th 04, 09:56 PM
What a lovely tribute to the old fella. And what a wonderful four years you
were able to give each other.

Jo
> [...]

> for food or drink.
>
> When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
> bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
> loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
> spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
> blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
> sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
> and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
> dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
> so quietly that I barely noticed.
>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Christina Websell
August 14th 04, 10:09 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Helen Wheels
> > artfully composed this message within
> > on 14 Aug 2004:
>
> > Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.
>
> RIP Simon. A lovely tribute. My condolences, Helen.
>
> --
> Cheryl

I'm so sorry that you have lost your old lad. Non-pet people often think it
must be easier to lose a very old animal than a younger one. That has not
been my experience. Somehow the older they get, the more precious they
become.
I cried almost non-stop for two days when I had to have my beloved whippet
PTS aged 19.
You wrote Simon a beautiful tribute. Purrs that soon only the happy
memories will remain.

Tweed

Christina Websell
August 14th 04, 10:09 PM

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Helen Wheels
> > artfully composed this message within
> > on 14 Aug 2004:
>
> > Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.
>
> RIP Simon. A lovely tribute. My condolences, Helen.
>
> --
> Cheryl

I'm so sorry that you have lost your old lad. Non-pet people often think it
must be easier to lose a very old animal than a younger one. That has not
been my experience. Somehow the older they get, the more precious they
become.
I cried almost non-stop for two days when I had to have my beloved whippet
PTS aged 19.
You wrote Simon a beautiful tribute. Purrs that soon only the happy
memories will remain.

Tweed

Christina Websell
August 14th 04, 10:12 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
> Helen Wheels wrote:
> <Snip moving tribute>
> > Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.
>
> Hugs and purrs Helen. I'm so sorry to read about Simon but I'm glad his
> passing was so peaceful. I will light a candle for him.
> --
> Adrian

What a good idea, I never thought of that. I have a lovely scented candle
and I just lit it when I read your post, Adrian. When I did so I said
"There you go, Simon.."
Simon has a candle burning for him in England.

Tweed

Christina Websell
August 14th 04, 10:12 PM

"Adrian" > wrote in message
> Helen Wheels wrote:
> <Snip moving tribute>
> > Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.
>
> Hugs and purrs Helen. I'm so sorry to read about Simon but I'm glad his
> passing was so peaceful. I will light a candle for him.
> --
> Adrian

What a good idea, I never thought of that. I have a lovely scented candle
and I just lit it when I read your post, Adrian. When I did so I said
"There you go, Simon.."
Simon has a candle burning for him in England.

Tweed

Sam Nash
August 15th 04, 01:26 AM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. <snipped>
So sorry to hear this news. Condolences on your loss.
Sam

Sam Nash
August 15th 04, 01:26 AM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. <snipped>
So sorry to hear this news. Condolences on your loss.
Sam

Sam Nash
August 15th 04, 01:26 AM
"Helen Wheels" > wrote in message
> Sad news here. <snipped>
So sorry to hear this news. Condolences on your loss.
Sam

LOL
August 15th 04, 09:19 AM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message >...
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.
(gentle snip for length)

What a beautiful tribute to Simon. He was a special guy, and I am
sorry to read that he is gone. We will light a candle for him, and
send you heart-healing purrs.

------
Krista

LOL
August 15th 04, 09:19 AM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message >...
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.
(gentle snip for length)

What a beautiful tribute to Simon. He was a special guy, and I am
sorry to read that he is gone. We will light a candle for him, and
send you heart-healing purrs.

------
Krista

LOL
August 15th 04, 09:19 AM
Helen Wheels > wrote in message >...
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.
(gentle snip for length)

What a beautiful tribute to Simon. He was a special guy, and I am
sorry to read that he is gone. We will light a candle for him, and
send you heart-healing purrs.

------
Krista

Exocat
August 15th 04, 08:21 PM
Condolences on your sad loss. May your happy memories, so eloquently
expressed, soon ease the current pain.

Purrs & best wishes

Gordon, Bandit, Pericles & Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Helen Wheels" > wrote

> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

Exocat
August 15th 04, 08:21 PM
Condolences on your sad loss. May your happy memories, so eloquently
expressed, soon ease the current pain.

Purrs & best wishes

Gordon, Bandit, Pericles & Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Helen Wheels" > wrote

> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

Exocat
August 15th 04, 08:21 PM
Condolences on your sad loss. May your happy memories, so eloquently
expressed, soon ease the current pain.

Purrs & best wishes

Gordon, Bandit, Pericles & Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Helen Wheels" > wrote

> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
> lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
> the bridge.

Singh
August 15th 04, 11:44 PM
Blessed be, Helen, during this time. Sounds like you did a beautiful job
with Simon before he went on to the land of eternal summer. The Lord who
loves cats has surely shown him to the fields where catnip grows ever
abundant.

It takes guts to take on an aging cat with health trouble, and someday
the angels will hand you a medal as Simon watches.

My Fritzie had kidney troubles from diabetes and was given potassium
supplements, insulin and aupplemental fluids. They kept up his energy
and quality of life for several years before it was his time to cross
over. So I doubly appreciate all you've been through. You are in my
thoughts and prayers, and in the purrs of my Stosh and Roxie, whose
purring is prayer.

Peace,

Baha

[...]

Pat
August 16th 04, 02:59 AM
So sorry to hear this, Helen, but it sounds like it was peaceful and
relatively painless for him. You and the companion kitties are the only ones
suffering now. It cuts to the bone, doesn't it.

This group is getting to be a regular obituary column lately :(

> [...]

> for food or drink.
>
> When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
> bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
> loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
> spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
> blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
> sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
> and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
> dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
> so quietly that I barely noticed.
>
> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

Jeanne Hedge
August 16th 04, 04:47 AM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My condolences on the loss of such a beloved family member.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Jeanne Hedge
August 16th 04, 04:47 AM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My condolences on the loss of such a beloved family member.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Jeanne Hedge
August 16th 04, 04:47 AM
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:56:59 +0800, Helen Wheels
> wrote:

>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My condolences on the loss of such a beloved family member.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Tanada
August 16th 04, 05:02 AM
Helen Wheels wrote:

> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out with a
> big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched right out so
> that he could get every last possible square inch of golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

I'm so sorry that you lost your wonderful little Simon. Purrs and
healing thoughts for all of your hearts and to speed Simon on his way to
the bridge.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Seven

Tanada
August 16th 04, 05:02 AM

Helen Wheels wrote:

> I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out with a
> big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched right out so
> that he could get every last possible square inch of golden fur in the sun.
>
> Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

I'm so sorry that you lost your wonderful little Simon. Purrs and
healing thoughts for all of your hearts and to speed Simon on his way to
the bridge.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Seven

Julie Snowshoe
August 16th 04, 04:59 PM

>Helen Wheels > wrote in message
>

>>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Helen,

I've been out of town and just read about Simon. Please accept our
sympathy and purrs as well as gentle headbutts from Hobbes and the
girls. I shall light a candle tonight in memory of Simon. May your
grief soon be replaced by fond memories of the years you and Simon shared.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Julie Snowshoe
August 16th 04, 04:59 PM

>Helen Wheels > wrote in message
>

>>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Helen,

I've been out of town and just read about Simon. Please accept our
sympathy and purrs as well as gentle headbutts from Hobbes and the
girls. I shall light a candle tonight in memory of Simon. May your
grief soon be replaced by fond memories of the years you and Simon shared.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Julie Snowshoe
August 16th 04, 04:59 PM

>Helen Wheels > wrote in message
>

>>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Helen,

I've been out of town and just read about Simon. Please accept our
sympathy and purrs as well as gentle headbutts from Hobbes and the
girls. I shall light a candle tonight in memory of Simon. May your
grief soon be replaced by fond memories of the years you and Simon shared.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

mlbriggs
August 17th 04, 06:13 AM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:59:32 -0400, Julie Snowshoe wrote:

>>Helen Wheels > wrote in message
>>

>>>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>>>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>>>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>>>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>>>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
>>>

> Helen,
>
> I've been out of town and just read about Simon. Please accept our
> sympathy and purrs as well as gentle headbutts from Hobbes and the
> girls. I shall light a candle tonight in memory of Simon. May your
> grief soon be replaced by fond memories of the years you and Simon shared.
>
> Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey
Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go.
Sympathy and many purrs in the passing of Simon. MLB

mlbriggs
August 17th 04, 06:13 AM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:59:32 -0400, Julie Snowshoe wrote:

>>Helen Wheels > wrote in message
>>

>>>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>>>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>>>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>>>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>>>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
>>>

> Helen,
>
> I've been out of town and just read about Simon. Please accept our
> sympathy and purrs as well as gentle headbutts from Hobbes and the
> girls. I shall light a candle tonight in memory of Simon. May your
> grief soon be replaced by fond memories of the years you and Simon shared.
>
> Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey
Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go.
Sympathy and many purrs in the passing of Simon. MLB

mlbriggs
August 17th 04, 06:13 AM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:59:32 -0400, Julie Snowshoe wrote:

>>Helen Wheels > wrote in message
>>

>>>Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon
>>>lost his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to
>>>the bridge. My other 4 cats are visibly upset, and I'm
>>>devastated. He'd become very frail and we all knew he would be
>>>going soon, but that doesn't make it any easier.
>>>

> Helen,
>
> I've been out of town and just read about Simon. Please accept our
> sympathy and purrs as well as gentle headbutts from Hobbes and the
> girls. I shall light a candle tonight in memory of Simon. May your
> grief soon be replaced by fond memories of the years you and Simon shared.
>
> Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey
Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go.
Sympathy and many purrs in the passing of Simon. MLB

Karen
August 17th 04, 04:25 PM
I have only just returned from my trip and I am soooo sorry to hear of
Simon's passing. My deepest condolences.

Karen

"Pat" > wrote in message
> [...]
> > for food or drink.
> >
> > When I woke up yesterday morning, Simon couldn't get up off the
> > bed, and the other cats were all meatloafing around him purring
> > loudly. I knew it would be his last day. I felt he wanted to
> > spend it at home with his friends around, so I wrapped him in a
> > blanket and took him into the lounge in front of the fire where I
> > sat and he lay for most of the day. He retched a couple of times,
> > and I cleaned his mouth and gave him water through an eye
> > dropper, but otherwise seemed to be comfortable. He slipped away
> > so quietly that I barely noticed.
> >
> > I'll remember him lying in the sun in the backyard, sprawled out
> > with a big grin on his face. His front legs would be stretched
> > right out so that he could get every last possible square inch of
> > golden fur in the sun.
> >
> > Peace, Simon - may you always find your patch of sun.

August 23rd 04, 07:13 AM
Helen Wheels wrote:
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon lost
> his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to the bridge.

Hi everyone
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and wishes.
It's so good to know that there are people around who understand.
Hugs back to you.
Helen

Helen Wheels
August 23rd 04, 07:13 AM

Helen Wheels wrote:
> Sad news here. My brave, beautiful 21 year old ginger moggy Simon lost
> his battle with chronic renal failure yesterday and went to the bridge.

Hi everyone
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and wishes.
It's so good to know that there are people around who understand.
Hugs back to you.
Helen

Jean Hobbs
August 27th 04, 02:50 PM
I missed this as I can't seem to find time to get right down to the
bottom letters, But I'm so sorry he sounds a wonderful cat, and you'll
miss him dreadfully, I'm still mourning my beloved Henri, who was
my soul mate and he left me 4 years ago,but just think Simon was 147 years
old in our years, He must have been well and truly ready to relax first,
and then be young again at Rainbow Bridge {{{{{{{ Helen}}}}}}}}

Jean.P.