PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Lost Control

Pat
August 14th 04, 03:15 PM
I meant to post this a few days ago.... Tommy finally couldn't contain
himself any longer and started wrestling, chasing and playing with the the
new kitties, Billy and Lilly. Of course Abelard has been doing that all
along. The other two are coming around more slowly. Eli now at least no
longer hisses at them, even when they go up to him and touch his nose. Baby
Eyes still hisses occasionally but has been seen eating from the same dish
with them numerous times and is no longer spending all her time hiding out
in the spare bedroom. She's even been sitting in my lap again once in a
while.

I haven't gotten any new pictures taken. Too many other things to do.
Sometimes I feel like taking one, like when Lilly lays on her back with
front paws folded down and back legs spread out, belly exposed. She will lay
like that for a long time.

Both babies have gotten stuck in trees already and made their
vertigo-suffering meowmie haul and climb the ladder to rescue them. Billy
did it first, then taught himself to climb down backwards. When Lilly got
stuck the other day, he kept going up the same tree and demonstrating to her
how to get down by climbing tail-first toward the ground. She didn't get it,
of course, and I had to climb up and grab her.

Everyone is infested with seed ticks now. If we weren't having the coldest
August on record I would give baths. I figured out that if I wrap a kitty in
a big towel I can safely hold it in the water up to the neck for long enough
to drown the external parasites.

Pat
August 15th 04, 12:30 AM
"CATherine" > wrote in message

> what are seed ticks?

That's what we call newly harched baby ticks. They're so tiny, hundreds of
them can fit on a match head. Even when they are "full" (of
blood) they are smaller than a pinhead. They are easy to remove after they
fill up. Abelard is especially susceptible because his
tummy is almost hairless.

Be thankful if you don't have to contend with these buggers.

Pat
August 15th 04, 12:30 AM

"CATherine" > wrote in message

> what are seed ticks?

That's what we call newly harched baby ticks. They're so tiny, hundreds of
them can fit on a match head. Even when they are "full" (of
blood) they are smaller than a pinhead. They are easy to remove after they
fill up. Abelard is especially susceptible because his
tummy is almost hairless.

Be thankful if you don't have to contend with these buggers.

Cheryl
August 15th 04, 01:37 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Pat"
> artfully composed this message
within > on 14 Aug 2004:

> That's what we call newly harched baby ticks. They're so tiny,
> hundreds of them can fit on a match head. Even when they are
> "full" (of blood) they are smaller than a pinhead. They are easy
> to remove after they fill up. Abelard is especially susceptible
> because his tummy is almost hairless.
>
> Be thankful if you don't have to contend with these buggers.

I get the heeby jeebys thinking about those things. I haven't had to
deal with them, but I read a thread on alt.med.veterinary where
someone had to erradicate them from her house when she discovered an
infestation. Very very detailed accounts of them and I got the
shivers just reading it.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
August 15th 04, 01:37 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Pat"
> artfully composed this message
within > on 14 Aug 2004:

> That's what we call newly harched baby ticks. They're so tiny,
> hundreds of them can fit on a match head. Even when they are
> "full" (of blood) they are smaller than a pinhead. They are easy
> to remove after they fill up. Abelard is especially susceptible
> because his tummy is almost hairless.
>
> Be thankful if you don't have to contend with these buggers.

I get the heeby jeebys thinking about those things. I haven't had to
deal with them, but I read a thread on alt.med.veterinary where
someone had to erradicate them from her house when she discovered an
infestation. Very very detailed accounts of them and I got the
shivers just reading it.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
August 15th 04, 01:37 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Pat"
> artfully composed this message
within > on 14 Aug 2004:

> That's what we call newly harched baby ticks. They're so tiny,
> hundreds of them can fit on a match head. Even when they are
> "full" (of blood) they are smaller than a pinhead. They are easy
> to remove after they fill up. Abelard is especially susceptible
> because his tummy is almost hairless.
>
> Be thankful if you don't have to contend with these buggers.

I get the heeby jeebys thinking about those things. I haven't had to
deal with them, but I read a thread on alt.med.veterinary where
someone had to erradicate them from her house when she discovered an
infestation. Very very detailed accounts of them and I got the
shivers just reading it.

--
Cheryl

Sherry
August 15th 04, 06:17 AM
>I haven't gotten any new pictures taken. Too many other things to do.
>Sometimes I feel like taking one, like when Lilly lays on her back with
>front paws folded down and back legs spread out, belly exposed. She will lay
>like that for a long time.

AWWW!! That sounds so cute!!
I'm glad to hear the residents are accepting the little interlopers. Would love
to see some pics sometime!

Sherry

> [...]

>like that for a long time.

AWWW!! That sounds so cute!!
I'm glad to hear the residents are accepting the little interlopers. Would love
to see some pics sometime!

Sherry

>Both babies have gotten stuck in trees already and made their
>vertigo-suffering meowmie haul and climb the ladder to rescue them. Billy
>did it first, then taught himself to climb down backwards. When Lilly got
>stuck the other day, he kept going up the same tree and demonstrating to her
>how to get down by climbing tail-first toward the ground. She didn't get it,
>of course, and I had to climb up and grab her.
>
>Everyone is infested with seed ticks now. If we weren't having the coldest
>August on record I would give baths. I figured out that if I wrap a kitty in
>a big towel I can safely hold it in the water up to the neck for long enough

August 15th 04, 07:35 AM
Now he has REALLY lost it! Tonight he went out and caught a big rabbit, ate
part of it and then gave it to the kittens! Abelard stole it from them, Baby
Eyes grabbed it from Abelard, Eli snatched it away from Baby Eyes, the
kittens reclaimed it from Eli, then Tommy took it back from the kittens. And
all I get is to clean the carpet!

Pat
August 15th 04, 07:35 AM
Now he has REALLY lost it! Tonight he went out and caught a big rabbit, ate
part of it and then gave it to the kittens! Abelard stole it from them, Baby
Eyes grabbed it from Abelard, Eli snatched it away from Baby Eyes, the
kittens reclaimed it from Eli, then Tommy took it back from the kittens. And
all I get is to clean the carpet!

Pat
August 15th 04, 07:35 AM
Now he has REALLY lost it! Tonight he went out and caught a big rabbit, ate
part of it and then gave it to the kittens! Abelard stole it from them, Baby
Eyes grabbed it from Abelard, Eli snatched it away from Baby Eyes, the
kittens reclaimed it from Eli, then Tommy took it back from the kittens. And
all I get is to clean the carpet!

Pat
August 15th 04, 07:46 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> Would love to see some pics sometime!

I'll get around to it eventually. It's just that I'm trying to do the work
of three people here and keep getting farther behind. I am too busy to clean
the house, everything is in disarray and I spend far too much time looking
for things because of it. No idea where my fresh camera batteries are
hiding.... I've even managed to misplace the post pounder!

Pat
August 15th 04, 07:46 AM

"Sherry " > wrote in message
> Would love to see some pics sometime!

I'll get around to it eventually. It's just that I'm trying to do the work
of three people here and keep getting farther behind. I am too busy to clean
the house, everything is in disarray and I spend far too much time looking
for things because of it. No idea where my fresh camera batteries are
hiding.... I've even managed to misplace the post pounder!

SUQKRT
August 15th 04, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad these adorable kittens found such a great home.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

[...]

August 16th 04, 06:22 AM
>Now he has REALLY lost it! Tonight he went out and caught a big rabbit, ate
>part of it and then gave it to the kittens! Abelard stole it from them, Baby
>Eyes grabbed it from Abelard, Eli snatched it away from Baby Eyes, the
>kittens reclaimed it from Eli, then Tommy took it back from the kittens. And
>all I get is to clean the carpet!

Sounds like a good time was had by all...except you!!

Sherry

Sherry
August 16th 04, 06:22 AM
>Now he has REALLY lost it! Tonight he went out and caught a big rabbit, ate
>part of it and then gave it to the kittens! Abelard stole it from them, Baby
>Eyes grabbed it from Abelard, Eli snatched it away from Baby Eyes, the
>kittens reclaimed it from Eli, then Tommy took it back from the kittens. And
>all I get is to clean the carpet!

Sounds like a good time was had by all...except you!!

Sherry

Sherry
August 16th 04, 06:22 AM
>Now he has REALLY lost it! Tonight he went out and caught a big rabbit, ate
>part of it and then gave it to the kittens! Abelard stole it from them, Baby
>Eyes grabbed it from Abelard, Eli snatched it away from Baby Eyes, the
>kittens reclaimed it from Eli, then Tommy took it back from the kittens. And
>all I get is to clean the carpet!

Sounds like a good time was had by all...except you!!

Sherry

Sherry
August 16th 04, 06:25 AM
>Thanks for the update. I'm glad these adorable kittens found such a great
>home.
>Suz

Suz, I could not agree more. I can't thank Pat enough. It was real important to
me to place them together since they'd been such little survivors together. It
makes me feel so good that they are doing so good and they are together.
Sherry

Sherry

Sherry
August 16th 04, 06:25 AM