PDA

View Full Version : Re: Shamrock FeLV test

Jean Hobbs
August 15th 04, 12:20 PM
Hi Cheryl, Have a lovely time on holiday {?} I feel sad for Shamrock
and Bonnie though they must be missing Shadow so much, give them some
extra kisses and cuddles from wilson and me Jean.P.

Cheryl > wrote in message
> Sorry guys, I've had to skip past many posts again since I'm
> leaving tomorrow for a little over a week and trying to get ready.
> Marina, welcome back girl! Bob, I'm glad you're dad made it through
> surgery. Those are about all I got to see.
>
> I took Shamrock tonight for a Depo shot so his allergies will calm
> down a bit while I'm away since he's itching so bad again and has
> massive sores and lesions from biting himself. They took a little
> blood for an FeLV test, and he is negative. One more test to go;
> little Bonnie. She'll get tested next month, but she was vaccinated
> immediately after taking her in and didn't have any contact with
> Shadow for at least 2 months so I'm hoping she's fine, too. We'll
> see. They both show signs of missing him. Shamrock is really acting
> up wanting attention[1], and Bonnie lays in his bed under the
> dining room table and stares at the spot where he spent a lot of
> his time in the last months.
>
> [1] He (Shamrock) sat on the counter in the kitchen the other day
> and unravelled an entire roll of paper towels into a nice neat
> accordian-folded pile. He has been knocking things off of every
> surface, walking across my laptop ... I could go on. He hasn't
> acted up like this ever all at once so I consider it to be an
> attention-getting ploy because he misses Shadow.
>
> --
> Cheryl
> /packed and ready for first Oak Island NC, then on to Myrtle Beach
> SC. :) Have a great week and purrs in advance and continuing for
> all.

Cheryl
August 15th 04, 04:06 PM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Jean Hobbs"
> artfully composed this message within
> on 15 Aug 2004:

> Hi Cheryl, Have a lovely time on holiday {?} I feel sad for
> Shamrock and Bonnie though they must be missing Shadow so much,
> give them some extra kisses and cuddles from wilson and me
> Jean.P.

Thank you Jean. I passed on the kisses and cuddles. Shamrock is
getting back to "normal" but is still more clingy than he used to be,
and very very jealous of any attention paid to Bonnie.

--
Cheryl