PDA

View Full Version : Nikki's b-day present

Marina
August 12th 03, 04:35 PM
I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but we
celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact, she's
stayed there for several hours already.

http://tinyurl.com/jrvn and http://tinyurl.com/jrw0

Frank is a bit jealous, and comes up and sticks in his head every now and
then, and apparently tries to *lick* her out of there so he can try it, but
Nikki refuses to budge.

--
Marina

CK
August 12th 03, 04:57 PM
Marina wrote:

> I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but we
> celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact, she's
> stayed there for several hours already.

Looks great! Where have you put it? Up high or on the floor or somewhere
in between??

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Marina
August 12th 03, 05:33 PM
"CK" > wrote

> Looks great! Where have you put it? Up high or on the floor or somewhere
> in between??

It's on the floor. First, I just set it down in the middle of the floor to
see what Nikki would do. She went straight in and settled down for a nap. A
few hours later she came out to eat, and I moved it to beside my bed, by the
wall, so I wouldn't trip over it. Then Nikki got suspicious, so I was afraid
that she wouldn't accept it there anymore. Finally she got in and now she is
napping inside again.

--
Marina

Marina
August 12th 03, 05:34 PM
"Alan Erskine" > wrote
> Happy Birthday to Nikii for the 15th on the 15th.

Thank you, Alan. I will give her a scritch from you. I'm so glad to see you
haven't been scared away completely by recent trolling.

--
Marina

Marina
August 12th 03, 05:37 PM
"lrulan" > wrote
> oh, what a gorgeous present. I'm gonna get Jazz one of those. What are
they
> called?

Ummm... I don't know! Cat tent? Cat house? This one was made in Italy, and
they seem to call it a teepee (at least it says tipi on the label in
Italian).

--
Marina

Karen Chuplis
August 12th 03, 05:56 PM
Oh how cute! Happy Bday Nikki!!

Karen
"Marina" > wrote in message
> I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but
we
> celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact,
she's
> stayed there for several hours already.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jrvn and http://tinyurl.com/jrw0
>
> Frank is a bit jealous, and comes up and sticks in his head every now and
> then, and apparently tries to *lick* her out of there so he can try it,
but
> Nikki refuses to budge.
>
> --
> Marina

lrulan
August 12th 03, 07:36 PM
Marina, I just bought one online. It's called a Cat Tent. I had a choice of
fabrics and I added an inside padding for an extra $6. I hope it comes soon.
Jazz's mama
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Marina" > wrote in message

> "lrulan" > wrote
> > oh, what a gorgeous present. I'm gonna get Jazz one of those. What are
> they
> > called?
>
> Ummm... I don't know! Cat tent? Cat house? This one was made in Italy, and
> they seem to call it a teepee (at least it says tipi on the label in
> Italian).
>
> --
> Marina

Marina
August 12th 03, 07:52 PM
"lrulan" > wrote
> Marina, I just bought one online. It's called a Cat Tent. I had a choice
of
> fabrics and I added an inside padding for an extra $6. I hope it comes
soon.

I'm sure Jazz will be very happy with his new supersoft tent, Lydia.

--
Marina

Byron & Christine Burel
August 12th 03, 08:20 PM
Awwwww! How cute! Many happy purrturns of the day for Nikki! Loved the
description of Frank's efforts to check out the house!
Christine
"Marina" > wrote in message
> I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but
we
> celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact,
she's
> stayed there for several hours already.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jrvn and http://tinyurl.com/jrw0
>
> Frank is a bit jealous, and comes up and sticks in his head every now and
> then, and apparently tries to *lick* her out of there so he can try it,
but
> Nikki refuses to budge.
>
> --
> Marina

lrulan
August 12th 03, 09:39 PM
Karen, it's from www.crazycatlady.org

Cost $30 plus the $6 and s/h, came out to $41 and change. You have a choice
of fabric, etc. Nice page.
Jazz's mama

--

"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> From where? (Like my cats need *another* bed.)
>
> Karen
>
> "lrulan" > wrote in message
> > Marina, I just bought one online. It's called a Cat Tent. I had a choice
> of
> > fabrics and I added an inside padding for an extra $6. I hope it comes
> soon.
> > Jazz's mama
> > --
> >
> > Irulan
> > from the stars we came, to the stars we return
> > from now until the end of time
> >

> > "Marina" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "lrulan" > wrote
> > > they
> > >
> > > Ummm... I don't know! Cat tent? Cat house? This one was made in Italy,
> and
> > > they seem to call it a teepee (at least it says tipi on the label in
> > > Italian).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Marina

Karen Chuplis
August 12th 03, 09:55 PM
I need one with a hole in the front and the back (I know....) do you think
they would make one that way?

Karen
"lrulan" > wrote in message
> Karen, it's from www.crazycatlady.org
>
> Cost $30 plus the $6 and s/h, came out to $41 and change. You have a
choice
> of fabric, etc. Nice page.
> Jazz's mama
>
> --
>
> Irulan
> from the stars we came, to the stars we return
> from now until the end of time
>

> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> > From where? (Like my cats need *another* bed.)
> >
> > Karen
> >
> > "lrulan" > wrote in message
> > > Marina, I just bought one online. It's called a Cat Tent. I had a
choice
> > of
> > > fabrics and I added an inside padding for an extra $6. I hope it comes
> > soon.
> > > Jazz's mama
> > > --
> > >
> > > Irulan
> > > from the stars we came, to the stars we return
> > > from now until the end of time

> are

Italy,
> > and

polonca12000
August 12th 03, 10:16 PM
It looks very comfortable. Happy purr-day for the birthday girl!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" > wrote in message
> I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but
we
> celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). <snip>

Stacey
August 12th 03, 11:18 PM
Wait.. he's REAL? Oh man... I've killfiled anything to do with Alan
Erskine!!! So sorry, Alan!!!!

Stacey :)

Oh.. and Nikki is one lucky kitty!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

"Marina" > wrote in message

> "Alan Erskine" > wrote
> > Happy Birthday to Nikii for the 15th on the 15th.
>
> Thank you, Alan. I will give her a scritch from you. I'm so glad to see
you
> haven't been scared away completely by recent trolling.
>
> --
> Marina

Cheryl
August 13th 03, 02:15 AM
"Marina" > wrote in news:[email protected]
145842.news.uni-berlin.de:

> she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact, she's
> stayed there for several hours already.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jrvn and http://tinyurl.com/jrw0

Happy Birdy Nikki. :) She looks very contented in there.

--
Cheryl

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti.

Tanada
August 13th 03, 03:41 AM
Marina wrote:

> I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but we
> celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact, she's
> stayed there for several hours already.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jrvn and http://tinyurl.com/jrw0
>
> Frank is a bit jealous, and comes up and sticks in his head every now and
> then, and apparently tries to *lick* her out of there so he can try it, but
> Nikki refuses to budge.

Happy Purrday Nikki!! You know what to get Frank for his purrday now
too. We're giving the cats a late adoption day present of an enclosure,
we hope, this year. They seem to know that something is up as they've
been really well behaved lately. Squeakers has graduated to full sized
ice cube hockey, and is very good at catching them on the run. He makes
sure that we know that he's ridding us of excessively aggressive ice
cubes and making the house safe for kitties everywhere.

Pam S. owned by "Super Squeakers"

Steve Touchstone
August 13th 03, 07:38 AM
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:39:22 -0400, "lrulan" >
wrote:

>Karen, it's from www.crazycatlady.org
>
>Cost $30 plus the $6 and s/h, came out to $41 and change. You have a choice
>of fabric, etc. Nice page.
>Jazz's mama

Thanks for providing this link. I'm not really in the market for a
tent, but there's some great pictures on the testimonial page,
including a tent full of shunks ;-) Aslo cute pictures of cats looking
for homes on the shelter linked to the page

lewe
August 13th 03, 09:51 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but
we
> celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact,
she's
> stayed there for several hours already.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jrvn and http://tinyurl.com/jrw0
>
> Frank is a bit jealous, and comes up and sticks in his head every now and
> then, and apparently tries to *lick* her out of there so he can try it,
but
> Nikki refuses to budge.

great house - I am sure T&B both will want their own ...
Nikki is wise not to let Frank in!
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Stacey
August 13th 03, 01:02 PM
"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message <SNIPPED a bunch of hooey
that we're all sick of reading so shut up allready>

Sorry to the NG if I woke the trolls again :(

Stacey

Marina
August 13th 03, 05:05 PM
"lrulan" > wrote
> Karen, it's from www.crazycatlady.org

I looked at the pictures. Mine (or Nikki's) is a bit different, it doesn't
have 'tent poles'. The whole tent is padded, so that it stands by itself.
Hmm, I'd better not tell Nikki I bought her a padded cell... err tent.

--
Marina

CK
August 13th 03, 08:18 PM
Karen Chuplis wrote:

> I need one with a hole in the front and the back (I know....) do you think
> they would make one that way?
>
> Karen

If you are at all handy with a sewing machine, it shouldn't be that hard
to make yourself. Square bottom and triangular sides with the two upper
edges slightly rounded (to make the curved roof, if you so desire).
Measure all fabric bits double and sew it up with foam plastic (if
that's what that foamy padding's called) between the two layers of
fabric. That way you'd get the fabric of your choice, the right size and
holes where ever you want them. :)

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Julie Cook
August 13th 03, 09:08 PM
Sherry made one of these from a Simplicity pattern for Bootsie recently.
A picture can be found at http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/tent2.jpg
I was impressed and went out and bought a pattern that I liked (I think
it's a Butterick pattern) but haven't found the time to make one yet.

Julie

CK wrote:

> Karen Chuplis wrote:
>
>> I need one with a hole in the front and the back (I know....) do you
>> think
>> they would make one that way?
>>
>> Karen
>

> If you are at all handy with a sewing machine, it shouldn't be that
> hard to make yourself. Square bottom and triangular sides with the two
> upper edges slightly rounded (to make the curved roof, if you so
> desire). Measure all fabric bits double and sew it up with foam
> plastic (if that's what that foamy padding's called) between the two
> layers of fabric. That way you'd get the fabric of your choice, the
> right size and holes where ever you want them. :)

Julie Cook
August 13th 03, 09:09 PM
Marina wrote:

>I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but we
>celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!).

Happy PurrDay Nikki! Hobbes and the girls are wishing you your hearts
desire and add to that sunbeams for naps. Hope your special day is all
that you dream it could be.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Alan Erskine
August 14th 03, 03:12 AM
"Stacey" > wrote in message
> The problem is, I'm about as good at killfiling as I am at snipping.. my
> killfiles either filter out half of what I want them to filter or they
> filter out everything but what I want them to filter!!!!!! I'll just
> continue swearing at the screen and sending evil litterbox thoughts via
esp
> to the trolls.
>
> Stacey :)

Stacey,

If you're using OE, then go to tools and click on "Message Rules". Click on
"news" and then "new". Click on "where the from line contains people" and
type in "@dizum". Go to the box below that and click on "Delete it". Then,
you have to click on "Apply now" at the bottom of the original box. When
that opens up, highlight the rule or rules you want to apply and click on
"Apply now" and then wait until the computer does the rest.

See what happens.

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

LOL
August 14th 03, 07:12 AM
"Marina" > wrote in message >...
> I bought Nikki an early birthday present (I don't know the exact day, but we
> celebrate on the 15th - she'll be 15!). She seems to like it. In fact, she's
> stayed there for several hours already.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jrvn and http://tinyurl.com/jrw0
>
> Frank is a bit jealous, and comes up and sticks in his head every now and
> then, and apparently tries to *lick* her out of there so he can try it, but
> Nikki refuses to budge.

Happy birthday (more or less), Nikki! I hope you get lots of yummy
treats in addition to the cool present you've already gotten. Make
sure your mom sings you the birthday song, too. A humorous birthday
is a good birthday. :-P

------
Krista