PDA

View Full Version : Happier Cat

One Can Sam via CatKB.com
September 14th 05, 10:04 PM
Hi,

My cat has been barfing after eating every few days...seeming no pattern to
it. I was feeding her one 5.5 oz can - half in the morning, half at night..I
did notice that the refrigerated part did make her barf more often than a
fresh can.

So I switched to two 3 oz cans a day..And she's been fine for a few weeks.
Was it the cold food in her stomach she was reacting to? Or maybe it goes bad
in the refrigerator, or the cold changes the taste of it.

In any event, before she would eat slowly, and take up to two hours to finish
- walking away, coming back, nibbling, walking away...etc. Now she eats the
entire amount and licks the bowl clean within a half hour...

Any opinions about wet food 5.5oz cans vs. 3oz cans?

thanks
Sam

Wendy
September 14th 05, 10:23 PM
"One Can Sam via CatKB.com" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My cat has been barfing after eating every few days...seeming no pattern
> it. I was feeding her one 5.5 oz can - half in the morning, half at
> night..I
> did notice that the refrigerated part did make her barf more often than a
> fresh can.
>
> So I switched to two 3 oz cans a day..And she's been fine for a few weeks.
> Was it the cold food in her stomach she was reacting to? Or maybe it goes
> bad
> in the refrigerator, or the cold changes the taste of it.
>
> In any event, before she would eat slowly, and take up to two hours to
> finish
> - walking away, coming back, nibbling, walking away...etc. Now she eats
> the
> entire amount and licks the bowl clean within a half hour...
>
> Any opinions about wet food 5.5oz cans vs. 3oz cans?
>
> thanks
> Sam

If she doesn't like the cold food, nuke it in the microwave for 10 - 20
seconds to warm it a bit.