PDA

View Full Version : Re: Brown eyes

Rhonda
September 15th 05, 05:11 AM
Chuck,

How old are the kittens? Their eyes usually change to their permanent
colors when they are a few months old. Our kittens were born with dark
blue eyes but they when thru a few morphs before they settled into one
color.

The other thing -- are they all well fed? Sometimes poor nutrition can
change or dull their eye color.

I've never seen brown-eyed cats, have seen several gold-eyed, you might
have some unusual-ish cats!

Rhonda

Chuck wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen a cat with brown eyes?
> The wild (but not feral) cat that inhabits my
> backyard has 3 kittens with brown eyes-- two
> are battleship gray, and the other is black. All
> three are males.
>
> Just curious...
>
> Chuck

Chuck
September 15th 05, 09:54 AM
Rhonda > wrote in message
> Chuck,
>
> How old are the kittens? Their eyes usually change to their permanent
> colors when they are a few months old. Our kittens were born with dark
> blue eyes but they when thru a few morphs before they settled into one
> color.
>
> The other thing -- are they all well fed? Sometimes poor nutrition can
> change or dull their eye color.
>
> I've never seen brown-eyed cats, have seen several gold-eyed, you might
> have some unusual-ish cats!
>
> Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

I'd say their age is about 4 months or so
and I believe I first noticed the eye color
about a month ago, and yes, they're well
fed, healthy, play-happy, and likes people--
well, me, anyway... :)

Apparently another poster here also has a
cat with brown eyes -- a black/grey tabby,
so perhaps it may not be all that unusual.
Like you, I've never seen it before either.
It does look pretty cool, though.

BTW, the 'mom' is light grey with just a hint
of slightly darker tabby stripes that are
barely noticable. She's quite small and
slender with large ears, a pointy face, and
green eyes. I'm wondering what her genetic
background might be...

Chuck