PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the new gravies?

Newbie
September 16th 05, 07:14 PM
New to me at least. Pet store are selling gravy, bottles look pretty
close to salad dressing.

One thing I can't understand, how are they meant to be used? After all
most cat food sold has its own flavors and gravy. Does it work if you
add another flavor? Or arethey meant to dress up food you cook
yourself?

As long as the cats eat it, I don't care. Just wondering if you have
tried, how you use them, and if they work for you.

150905
September 16th 05, 07:30 PM
Newbie on 16/09/2005 6:14 pm wrote:

> New to me at least. Pet store are selling gravy, bottles look pretty
> close to salad dressing.
>
> One thing I can't understand, how are they meant to be used? After all
> most cat food sold has its own flavors and gravy. Does it work if you
> add another flavor? Or arethey meant to dress up food you cook
> yourself?
>
> As long as the cats eat it, I don't care. Just wondering if you have
> tried, how you use them, and if they work for you.

It's just something else to waste the planets time and resources. Buy it,
you know you want to.

Rich Ahrens
September 16th 05, 07:51 PM
Newbie wrote:

> New to me at least. Pet store are selling gravy, bottles look pretty
> close to salad dressing.
>
> One thing I can't understand, how are they meant to be used? After all
> most cat food sold has its own flavors and gravy. Does it work if you
> add another flavor? Or arethey meant to dress up food you cook
> yourself?
>
> As long as the cats eat it, I don't care. Just wondering if you have
> tried, how you use them, and if they work for you.

You misunderstood. You put the gravy *on* the cat (after it's cooked, of
course).

whayface
September 16th 05, 07:56 PM
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:14:06 GMT, Newbie > wrote:

>New to me at least. Pet store are selling gravy, bottles look pretty
>close to salad dressing.
>
>One thing I can't understand, how are they meant to be used? After all
>most cat food sold has its own flavors and gravy. Does it work if you
>add another flavor? Or arethey meant to dress up food you cook
>yourself?
>
>As long as the cats eat it, I don't care. Just wondering if you have
>tried, how you use them, and if they work for you.

It is what it says basicaly - gravy. You put it over cat food like humans use gravy over
their food.

I purchased a couple different flavors at Pet Smart and none of my six liked it nor did
the cats outside that I feed like it. I tryed it over their canned, dry and just on a
plate but they would not eat it. I figured since they like baby food and people gravy
they would like that but no way so I have 2 jars setting in frig that I forgot about 'til
now.

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/strays.htm

Newbie
September 16th 05, 07:57 PM
150905 > wrote:

: It's just something else to waste the planets time and resources. Buy it,
: you know you want to.

Wanting and buying are different things. :-) I really did want to hear
from those who have tried them.

shortfuse
September 16th 05, 08:25 PM
May be you can send it on to Newbie there for him to try ;-)

--

"whayface" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:14:06 GMT, Newbie > wrote:
>
>>New to me at least. Pet store are selling gravy, bottles look pretty
>>close to salad dressing.
>>
>>One thing I can't understand, how are they meant to be used? After all
>>most cat food sold has its own flavors and gravy. Does it work if you
>>add another flavor? Or arethey meant to dress up food you cook
>>yourself?
>>
>>As long as the cats eat it, I don't care. Just wondering if you have
>>tried, how you use them, and if they work for you.
>

> It is what it says basicaly - gravy. You put it over cat food like humans
> use gravy over
> their food.
>
> I purchased a couple different flavors at Pet Smart and none of my six
> liked it nor did
> the cats outside that I feed like it. I tryed it over their canned, dry
> and just on a
> plate but they would not eat it. I figured since they like baby food and
> people gravy
> they would like that but no way so I have 2 jars setting in frig that I
> forgot about 'til
> now.
>

> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/strays.htm

150905
September 17th 05, 01:06 PM
Newbie on 16/09/2005 6:57 pm wrote:

> 150905 > wrote:
>
> : It's just something else to waste the planets time and resources. Buy it,
> : you know you want to.
>
> Wanting and buying are different things. :-) I really did want to hear
> from those who have tried them.

I haven't tried them. My cat hasn't either... well not that I *really* know
of course; she's a bit of a mystery at times. She follows me around all the
time and goes all meowy... but if I follow *her* around and meow she looks
at me all gone out.

150905
September 17th 05, 01:09 PM
whayface on 16/09/2005 6:56 pm wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:14:06 GMT, Newbie > wrote:
>
>> New to me at least. Pet store are selling gravy, bottles look pretty
>> close to salad dressing.
>>
>> One thing I can't understand, how are they meant to be used? After all
>> most cat food sold has its own flavors and gravy. Does it work if you
>> add another flavor? Or arethey meant to dress up food you cook
>> yourself?
>>
>> As long as the cats eat it, I don't care. Just wondering if you have
>> tried, how you use them, and if they work for you.
>

> It is what it says basicaly - gravy. You put it over cat food like humans use
> gravy over
> their food.
>
> I purchased a couple different flavors at Pet Smart and none of my six liked
> it nor did
> the cats outside that I feed like it. I tryed it over their canned, dry and
> just on a
> plate but they would not eat it. I figured since they like baby food and
> people gravy
> they would like that but no way so I have 2 jars setting in frig that I forgot
> about 'til
> now.

hahaaha. Sucker!
I did the same with some vimto once "bet you can't drink just one!" I think
was the tag line so I took them up on that bet. They were wrong I couldn't
drink even one; it was abysmal. But this marketing campaign probably shifted
a load of vimto to newbie vimtoids.

AKA gray asphalt
September 18th 05, 08:26 AM
"150905" > wrote in message ...
> Newbie on 16/09/2005 6:57 pm wrote:
>
>> 150905 > wrote:
>>
>> : It's just something else to waste the planets time and resources. Buy it,
>> : you know you want to.
>>
>> Wanting and buying are different things. :-) I really did want to hear
>> from those who have tried them.
>
> I haven't tried them. My cat hasn't either... well not that I *really* know
> of course; she's a bit of a mystery at times. She follows me around all the
> time and goes all meowy... but if I follow *her* around and meow she looks
> at me all gone out.

Wit noted and appreciated.