PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy cat

Dan Mahoney
August 12th 03, 08:04 PM
My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.

Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
must be a dead cat.

I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".

Dan

Victor M. Martinez
August 12th 03, 08:26 PM
That is too funny!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

JBHajos
August 12th 03, 10:25 PM
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:04:44 -0700, Dan Mahoney >
wrote:

>Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
>morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
>door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.

Too funny!! (But it brought *me* up short - our Hobo also uses the
front porch to sleep away lazy summer days - even until dark. We'd
better keep *our* eyes open for the cat control!!!)

Jeanne

Stacey
August 12th 03, 11:22 PM
<British accent for effect> "I'm not dead!!!! I feel fine!!!!! I think I'll
go for a walk!!!"

Stacey :)

"Dan Mahoney" > wrote in message
> My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
> sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
> a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.
>
> Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
> morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
> door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
> Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
> must be a dead cat.
>
> I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
> collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".
>
> Dan

catsruleok
August 13th 03, 02:45 AM

"Stacey" > wrote in message
> <British accent for effect> "I'm not dead!!!! I feel fine!!!!! I think I'll
> go for a walk!!!"
>
> Stacey :)

Or , if Samantha's not feeling energetic enough to go for a walk, Pat could put a sign up in front
of her which reads::

"Not dead, just meditating" :^)

Sheenah.

Tanada
August 13th 03, 03:59 AM
Dan Mahoney wrote:

> My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
> sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
> a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.
>
> Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
> morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
> door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
> Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
> must be a dead cat.
>
> I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
> collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".

That is so funny and reminds me of one of my MIL's favorite stories. I
posted it after reading this.

Pam S.

Sherry
August 13th 03, 05:16 AM
>My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
>sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
>a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.
>
>Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
>morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
>door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
>Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
>must be a dead cat.
>
>I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
>collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".
>
>Dan

ROFL!!

Marina
August 13th 03, 05:34 AM
"Dan Mahoney" > wrote

> I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
> collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".

ROFL! Scritches to Sammie. She is just leading a real cat's life.

--
Marina

Adrian
August 13th 03, 05:11 PM
Dan Mahoney wrote:
> My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
> sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
> a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.
>
> Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
> morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
> door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
> Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
> must be a dead cat.
>
> I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
> collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".
>
> Dan

Reports of my death are greatly exagerated.:-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.