PDA

View Full Version : Re: Your friend Nomen Nescio outed itself as a troll!

"Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote in message

> From: Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer >
>
> >You're obsessing on this a lot. This would indicate that you were indeed
> >busted, and you're embarrassed about it. You just can't seem to get over
> >it.
>
> Yea...sure....whatever you say......I agree......your right
> I bow to your superior intellect......now go **** yourself.
>
> Never argue with a monkey, it wastes your time and
> irritates the monkey.

It's a pig, and you should give Mark Twain credit! ;)
I think it was "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It
wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Why do you post via dizum, just curious. (I don't use
my name due to the freaks in these groups, so I do
understand why you don't use your name, but why
the remailer. Isn't it awkward to post that way or
are there advantages?)

"vv" > wrote in message ...
> "cybercat" > posted in
> :
>
> > Why do you post via dizum, just curious.
>
> Because Nomen Nescio is a troll, it just took a while to show its true
> colors.

Right, "vv." Or do you want to be "lurker," "just wondering" or
"Mrs. Usenet" today. Making a case that somebody is a troll
just for using an anonymous server (as you seem to think
x-privat.org is) or because they change usernames a lot is
just a little bit ironic coming from you.

Freak.

"Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote in message

> From: "cybercat" >
>
> >> Never argue with a monkey, it wastes your time and
> >> irritates the monkey.
> >>

> >It's a pig, and you should give Mark Twain credit! ;)
>
> For some reason, I'm not particularly concerned about
> M.T. suing me for copyright infringement. :)

How roooood! ;)

> My favorite pig related quote:
>
> "Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud,
> After a while you begin to think the pig likes it."
>
> Seen on a General Dynamics bulletin board

Very funny. :)

> >Why do you post via dizum, just curious. (I don't use
> >my name due to the freaks in these groups, so I do
> >understand why you don't use your name, but why
> >the remailer.
>
> I was kinda hoping that this thread would just die out.
> But this seems like a sincere question. So I'll give you
> a sincere answer.
>
> 1) The main reason is anonymity. Munging a name and/or
> address will, usually, still leave a tracable header. You may
> have noticed that some people like to make a hobby of calling
> people "trolls" and filing abuse reports for frivolous reasons.
> For the most part, these people can complain all they want
> and Dizum will just ignore them.

I see. I have noticed some rather, err, serious types around
here who seem to get very huffy very fast, and like to play
power games.

> 2) Some people like to track people down and post personal
> info. They can try it with me, but they will have to work awfully
> hard to do so.

lol I have also noticed that. Very freaky, and, of course, unwise
since it is so very easy to turn the tables. And of course bullies
are ALWAYS cowards, so the initiators of such stuff do not
generally fare well. <G>

> 3) When I post to a group for the first time, there will almost
> invariably be a few idiots that will immediately post
> "ANONYMOUS TROLL" no matter what the content of my
> post is. This helps me quickly identify who the group morons
> are. :)
> There were none such posts when I first posted to rpch+b.
> That's rare.

It looks like they all use remailers, so how could they object without
calling themselves trolls! LOL!! Maybe a few actually worry about
being hypocrites, rather than running along gaily being hypocrites
without reservation, as we see ... in err, other groups. <G>

[...]
> >Isn't it awkward to post that way
>
> It used to be.
> Ten years ago the posts had to be set up and formatted
> by hand. I streamlined the process by writing a few simple
> DOS batch files but it still took a bit of work.

So it would be awkward except for your technical expertise.

> Now, it's not awkward at all. I use a piece of software called
> "Jack B. Nymble". It does all the encryption, signing, and
> formatting....automatically. It really takes little more time to
> use that any standard newsgroup software. The only negatives
> are the time delays for the message to make it to a newsgroup
> (varying from several minutes, to hours), and the occasional
> dropped post (quite rare).
>
> I hope this answers your questions.
> And I hope I wasn't being trolled. :)

The word "troll" has been tossed around with such abandon
that the word truly has no meaning any more. I do think the
bad boys with the bots actually were trolls. Otherwise I would
have to say that the very best thing we can call the people who
are trying to control the content of these groups is "trolls."
Otherwise they are simply clinically obsessed freaks
who are living through their keyboards, right? :)

Trish
September 20th 05, 01:38 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote in
message

> [...]
> > "Jack B. Nymble". It does all the encryption, signing, and
> > formatting....automatically. It really takes little more time to
> > use that any standard newsgroup software. The only negatives
> > are the time delays for the message to make it to a newsgroup
> > (varying from several minutes, to hours), and the occasional
> > dropped post (quite rare).
> >
> > I hope this answers your questions.
> > And I hope I wasn't being trolled. :)
> >

> The word "troll" has been tossed around with such abandon
> that the word truly has no meaning any more. I do think the
> bad boys with the bots actually were trolls. Otherwise I would
> have to say that the very best thing we can call the people who
> are trying to control the content of these groups is "trolls."
> Otherwise they are simply clinically obsessed freaks
> who are living through their keyboards, right? :)

You forgot to add and breathing through their assholes!