PDA

View Full Version : Any Costco members here?

Newbie
September 18th 05, 10:26 PM
I don't have a Costco near me but could buy through a friend if they
have premium canned food at attractive prices. If you are a member,
which brands do they carry (Fancy Feast, Pro plan, Wellness?) and at
what prices? Thanks.

No More Retail
September 18th 05, 11:41 PM
They are about the same as Sam's club and Bj's but Costco is more to the
business side than the others fancy feast and meow mix are their big
brands but limited selection but to be honest sometimes it is cheaper to
go to the supermarket on sale day and get the same price more variety they
are about $14 for 36 3 oz cans fancy feast and dry food about 11 bucks a
7 lb. bag

Go check the place out you don't need a card to look around and most of the
time you can get a one day membership with a discount on the annual fee
which ranges from 35 - 45 a year heck it is worth to be able to get the
gasoline at a cheaper price

Rona Y.
September 18th 05, 11:44 PM
I think it depends on where you are. The only cat food the Costco in
Winnipeg, Canada has is Friskies. In Amagasaki, Japan, they have
Friskies, and I think some other Japanese brand, which is not
considered to be a premium brand here.

The only cat-related product I buy regularly at Costco is their kitty
litter. It is the best clumping litter I've tried, and less than $7
Canadian for a 50 pound box. It's not available in Japan, so I don't
know if it's available in the US. It comes in a mostly yellow box,
with red and I think purple?? trim.

Newbie
September 19th 05, 12:17 AM

:
: Go check the place out you don't need a card to look around and most
: of the time you can get a one day membership with a discount on the
: annual fee which ranges from 35 - 45 a year heck it is worth to be
: able to get the gasoline at a cheaper price

Thanks for the info. I don't have a Costco conveniently near me.
However, a friend I visit occasionally does and I could buy through
him. However, the price you quoted comes to about 39c/can. At my
nearby Petsmart, I can get 42c any day and 40 c on sales. The
difference is not great.

Now Bj's 32c sounds really good but I don't think we have any around
here.

patga
September 19th 05, 10:31 PM
The Costco in my area, Atlanta, doesn't carry any of the brands that my cats
like.