PDA

View Full Version : need cat names

scullycat
September 22nd 05, 10:01 PM
Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Wendy
September 22nd 05, 10:54 PM
"scullycat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

At the moment I have Isabelle, Diego and Boots. I've also had a Tigger,
Fluffernutter, Ralf, Buffy, Mabel, Sniffles, Gracie and Squeaker.

Foster cats: T-bird, Midnight, Oreo, Tiffany, Bear, Bubba, Shadow, Puff,
Patches, Thelma, Louise, Clarence, Harry, Tonto, Pepper, Billy, Barry, Bob,
Annie, Valerie, Maxine, Stephanie, Gus, Clover, Fred, Mimi, Alli, Barbie,
Sven, Sidney, Van Gogh, Camille, Monet, Henri, Rita, Ashley, Boo, Sox,
Sullivan, Spot and Peaches. They're the ones I can remember.

.oO rach Oo.
September 22nd 05, 11:15 PM
Stella
Delilah
Tejas
Blue

--
..oO rach Oo.

"scullycat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

September 22nd 05, 11:42 PM
Otis
Previous was Thomas the temp (called him Tommy) - he was christened
Thomas the temp cos he was a ginger tom, and at the time I had an
allergy to cats (which I'm now immune to after living with Otis for 16
years), and I wasn't sure if I could keep him, hence the temp.

The name stuck, poor thing, he disappeared years ago and was adopted by
an elderly lady down the road, so he was OK.

-L.
September 22nd 05, 11:45 PM
scullycat wrote:
> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Cats we have had/I have known...

Sam, Kittis, Gato, Vino, George, Pookie, Fletcher, Oedipus, Otis,
Pinkus, Scooter, Betty, C.C., Mimi, Peewee (aka Pooh or Poobie),
KittyMouse, Mama B'guy, Baby B'guy, Cleo, Mustafa, Simon, Ajax, Comet,
Flag, Alex, Ashlar, Randy, Mildred, Shani, Eleanor, Rosemary, Daisy,
Bennie...and more I can't remember...

-L.

Wendy
September 22nd 05, 11:58 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in message

> "scullycat" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.
>>

> At the moment I have Isabelle, Diego and Boots. I've also had a Tigger,
> Fluffernutter, Ralf, Buffy, Mabel, Sniffles, Gracie and Squeaker.
>
> Foster cats: T-bird, Midnight, Oreo, Tiffany, Bear, Bubba, Shadow, Puff,
> Patches, Thelma, Louise, Clarence, Harry, Tonto, Pepper, Billy, Barry,
> Bob, Annie, Valerie, Maxine, Stephanie, Gus, Clover, Fred, Mimi, Alli,
> Barbie, Sven, Sidney, Van Gogh, Camille, Monet, Henri, Rita, Ashley, Boo,
> Sox, Sullivan, Spot and Peaches. They're the ones I can remember.

How could I have forgotten these fosters (Diego's siblings) Bandit, Sally,
Katie, Princess, Missy and George.

Topaz
September 23rd 05, 12:12 AM
"scullycat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Sure! How about describing the kitties, how they act, what they look like?
Maybe some photos?

Wonderful Cats I have known: Topaz, Sebastion, Cindy, Prissy, Mouser, Ollie,
Ivan, Oscar, Fang, Scarlet, Scarface, Willie, Inky, Luna, Mow-Mow, MamaCat,
Bob, and TopCat (T.C.)

IBen Getiner
September 23rd 05, 12:17 AM
scullycat wrote:

> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Franchester (but he prefers Chester)

Great group. Great mission

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt-Flame-******s?lnk=li

\kls\
September 23rd 05, 12:27 AM
Seefor (C for Cat), Milly, Molly, Polly, Ginge, Reuben, Max, Whisky, Marble,
Marmalade, Jinty, Katie, Jess. (Not all mine I might add!).

K.

"Topaz" > wrote in message

> "scullycat" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.
>>

> Sure! How about describing the kitties, how they act, what they look like?
> Maybe some photos?
>
> Wonderful Cats I have known: Topaz, Sebastion, Cindy, Prissy, Mouser,
> Ollie,
> Ivan, Oscar, Fang, Scarlet, Scarface, Willie, Inky, Luna, Mow-Mow,
> MamaCat,
> Bob, and TopCat (T.C.)

Mathew, Chablis & Muscat
September 23rd 05, 01:07 AM
Chablis
Muscat
Lafeet ( Deceased)

Cheers
Mathew

Shellyfish
September 23rd 05, 01:08 AM
In article <[email protected]>,
"scullycat" > wrote:

> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Cat's I own, have owned, or have known...

Spike, Sasha, Scratchy, Bones, Cecil, Gypsy, Shadow, Peanut, Poof, Thai,
Oscar, Blackie, Thomasina, Dweezil, Buster, Dina, Smokey, Cameo, Mrs.
Partridge, Holly, Tigger, Pooh, Barney, Maggie, PK (psycho kitty),
Plato, Socrates, Roxanne, Ricky, Amanda, JJ, Tuna, Oreo, Drac, George,
George Jr., Grover, Winnifred, Ludwig, Selket, Sun Tzu...

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Let us know what you decide.

---MIKE---
September 23rd 05, 02:02 AM
Ike (RB), Amber and Tiger. When I adopted Ike they were not sure what
his name had been. They thought it might have been Mike. I didn't need
another Mike so I figured Ike would sound the same to him. Tiger was
originally named Tweedles (by the shelter). It's a good thing I changed
it because he grew into a BIG 23 pound cat.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Rebecca Root
September 23rd 05, 02:24 AM
On 2005-09-22 15:01:16 -0600, "scullycat" > said:

> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Current: Riley, Sukey

Previous: Thackeray, Dickens,Wilkie, Simon, Fred, Paddy, Inkus, Nicky

Cat friends: Hector, Marty, Kokomo, Noah, Catmandu

September 23rd 05, 07:15 AM
Boring, really.

Callie and Meepie :<

It's Me
September 23rd 05, 08:33 AM
Oh...you don't give us a clue as to your cat's gender, personality,
habits..nuttin. You wouldn't want to call a female kittie Louis XIV or
a male kittie Clarabell....right? <g>

Ollie Clark
September 23rd 05, 11:01 AM
scullycat wrote:
> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Toby, Isobelle (Izzy), Muddy, Gilbert, Matilda (Matty), George, Noddy.

DevilsPGD
September 23rd 05, 12:43 PM
In message <[email protected]> "scullycat"
> wrote:

>Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Not all are mine, three were my ex-g/f's and her kids, plus a couple of
my roommate's cats, but here we go:

Bear, Naula, Gem, Maxx, Snoop Dogg, Ciara, Merlin, Nimue.

As for nicknames, we have "bad kitty!" and "little falker" for them when
they're kittens :)

--
Is there another word for synonym?

Lesley
September 23rd 05, 01:46 PM
scullycat wrote:
> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Previously owned by Speedy Joe (we didn't name him), Fugazi and Isis

Currently owned by Redunzel and Sarrasine

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

September 23rd 05, 02:08 PM
I've had: smitten kitten, Tribbles, and Poppie.
Now I have: Maliboo, (we love California), Bad Bingo, No No Nanette,
Cookies, and McDuffy.
When smitten grew up, she became smat the Cat. We had a lot of fun with
her name.

IBen Getiner
September 23rd 05, 10:44 PM
Cheryl wrote:
> On Thu 22 Sep 2005 05:01:16p, scullycat wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:[email protected]):
>
> > Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas
> > please.
> >

> My cats past and present:
> Fluffy
> Gizmo
> Tikki
> Marley
> Shadow
> Shamrock
> Bonnie
> Scarlett
> Rhett
>
> Others:
> Rudy
> Lance (Sir Lancelot)
> Bunny
> Lightning (now Smokey)
> Jake
>

> --
> Cheryl

What happend to the past ones?

IBen

IBen Getiner
September 23rd 05, 10:45 PM
scullycat wrote:
> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

IBen thinking about this question... Does it really matter?

VeggieBurger8
September 24th 05, 01:04 AM
scullycat wrote:

> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

Buddha and Gandhi

September 24th 05, 01:11 AM
And not forgetting

George
Hector & Hartley (brothers in arms)
Cleo & Jumble (mum and daughter)

And another friends: Albert (so cute)

scullycat
September 24th 05, 02:21 AM
she's mostly grey with some small brown patches, and very
affectionte..domestic shorthair
"Topaz" > wrote in message

> "scullycat" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.
>>

> Sure! How about describing the kitties, how they act, what they look like?
> Maybe some photos?
>
> Wonderful Cats I have known: Topaz, Sebastion, Cindy, Prissy, Mouser,
> Ollie,
> Ivan, Oscar, Fang, Scarlet, Scarface, Willie, Inky, Luna, Mow-Mow,
> MamaCat,
> Bob, and TopCat (T.C.)

scullycat
September 24th 05, 02:26 AM
she's female, sorry
"It's Me" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Oh...you don't give us a clue as to your cat's gender, personality,
> habits..nuttin. You wouldn't want to call a female kittie Louis XIV or
> a male kittie Clarabell....right? <g>

mlbriggs
September 24th 05, 06:05 AM
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:01:16 +0000, scullycat wrote:

> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.

"Gee Whiz"

scullycat
September 26th 05, 01:08 AM
Thanks to all..we settled on Shadow..love to all
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:01:16 +0000, scullycat wrote:
>
>> Would you all tell me your cat's names...so I can get some ideas please.
>
> "Gee Whiz"

Cheryl
September 26th 05, 01:29 AM
On Sun 25 Sep 2005 08:08:42p, scullycat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:[email protected]):

> Thanks to all..we settled on Shadow..love to all

Excellent name! I miss my own Shadow. He had a rough last couple of
years. Best to yours!

--
Cheryl