PDA

View Full Version : Katrina Ferrets - IMPORTANT!

September 23rd 05, 04:36 PM
For everyone with lost or rescued ferrets-

With the unfailing help of several volunteers there is now a listing
of lost and found hurricane ferrets on the FACT (Ferret Assn
of CT) website at

http://www.ferret-fact.org

Anyone with Katrina lost/found ferret info - Please review the list!
The "petfinders" site has been a super place - but it is NOT the
only place for lost/found lists. Also - I know that others have
been working independently with rescue, shelter and fostering of
hurricane affected ferrets. I would like to be able to add this
information to the list. That way we could all point ferret
owners/adopters/fosters /foundlings/etc to one place.

The Animal Emergency Response Network (the petfinder/Maddie site)
is already becoming harder to navigate. People with ferrets have
to search under "small and furry" that includes multiple species.
The mission is to try to make it easier for ferret owners and saviors.

Please feel free to repost this message in its entirety.

anneinchicago

IBen Getiner
September 23rd 05, 10:41 PM
wrote:
> For everyone with lost or rescued ferrets-

Let the storm claim them all. They are nothing but a socially
acceptable version of the weasel. Bloodsuckers, too. I had one once and
all it did was chase our dog around trying to bite him on the neck.
Evil creatures.

IBen

IBen Getiner
September 23rd 05, 11:02 PM