PDA

View Full Version : ears

scullycat
September 24th 05, 02:08 AM
Hi all,
My cat's ears are very dirty inside. What is the best way to clean them. I
tried with a cotton ball, but it's way down and yucky looking.
thanks
also,
she's not crazy about having her nails clipped. I get one here and there;;
they're very long. any advise..i do have the proper clippers
thanks

Wendy
September 24th 05, 11:20 AM
"scullycat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi all,
> My cat's ears are very dirty inside. What is the best way to clean them. I
> tried with a cotton ball, but it's way down and yucky looking.
> thanks
> also,
> she's not crazy about having her nails clipped. I get one here and there;;
> they're very long. any advise..i do have the proper clippers
> thanks

You can pick up ear cleaning fluid at the pet stores. Squirt a little in the
ear and rub at the base of the ear to distribute the liquid and hopefully
loosen up some of the gook. Wipe with a cotton ball. You can use a q-tip to
clean out the folds in the ear but don't insert the q-tip to any place you
can't see. Has the vet checked her ears to make sure she doesn't have mites?
If not take her to get the ears checked and have the vet clean the worst of
it out of the ears. OTOH some cats just build up a lot of wax.

As for the nails, if you can get one here and one there then just make sure
you get one or two a day in rotation and you'll get them all often enough. I
like the clippers that look like small scissors
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444177 7735&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033731&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1127557116831

Wendy

---MIKE---
September 24th 05, 01:56 PM
If you take the cat to the vet for the ears, have the vet clip the claws
for you.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Rhonda
September 24th 05, 06:25 PM
Very dirty ears are often a sign of ear mites. I would have a vet check
them out before you go any further.

Rhonda

scullycat wrote:

> Hi all,
> My cat's ears are very dirty inside. What is the best way to clean them. I
> tried with a cotton ball, but it's way down and yucky looking.
> thanks
> also,
> she's not crazy about having her nails clipped. I get one here and there;;
> they're very long. any advise..i do have the proper clippers
> thanks

scullycat
September 25th 05, 11:13 AM
thanks alot......seeing the vet moday, hopefully. You guys have been very
helpful