PDA

View Full Version : stinky gas problem

September 24th 05, 05:00 AM
its nast smelling, they don't get ppl food, they eat all brand name
foods, no prob pooping....any ideas?

TY as always

lynn

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of
totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
~Mohandas Gandhi

Joe Canuck
September 24th 05, 11:26 AM
wrote:
> its nast smelling, they don't get ppl food, they eat all brand name
> foods, no prob pooping....any ideas?
>
> TY as always
>
> lynn

Try another food of known high quality. Brand name doesn't necessarily
mean the food will agree with your cat.

Make the switch gradually and use only ONE type of food so that their
tummies don't get too upset.

Gail
September 24th 05, 11:54 AM
They should also be checked for worms.
Gail
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> its nast smelling, they don't get ppl food, they eat all brand name
> foods, no prob pooping....any ideas?
>
> TY as always
>
> lynn
>

> What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
> homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of
> totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
> ~Mohandas Gandhi

5cats

> its nast smelling, they don't get ppl food, they eat all brand name
> foods, no prob pooping....any ideas?

Take them to the vet to be checked for parasites and/or worms

September 24th 05, 10:03 PM
they're indoor cats only, do they need then to be tested for parasites
and worms? and thanks much for your relpies, this such a good group

lynn

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making exciting discoveries.
~A. A. Milne

5cats

> they're indoor cats only, do they need then to be tested for parasites
> and worms? and thanks much for your relpies, this such a good group
>
> lynn

I think in your other posts you said the cats recently came from the SPCA?
So even though you are keeping them indoors you don't know what they could
have picked up before you got them. I do think it's worth getting them
checked for parasites.

Gail
September 24th 05, 10:25 PM
Yes, they still need to be tested. Most cats get worms from the mother cat.
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> they're indoor cats only, do they need then to be tested for parasites
> and worms? and thanks much for your relpies, this such a good group
>
> lynn
>

> One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
> making exciting discoveries.
> ~A. A. Milne

Gail
September 24th 05, 10:26 PM
I recently adopted a kitten from a rescue group. He was wormed by them at 8
weeks old, but I still had him tested at 12 weeks. Sometimes cats need to be
wormed more than once.
Gail
"Gail" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Yes, they still need to be tested. Most cats get worms from the mother
> cat.
> Gail
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> they're indoor cats only, do they need then to be tested for parasites
>> and worms? and thanks much for your relpies, this such a good group
>>
>> lynn
>>

>> One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
>> making exciting discoveries.
>> ~A. A. Milne

Steve(JazzHunter)
September 29th 05, 10:39 PM
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:26:36 GMT, "Gail" > wrote:

>I recently adopted a kitten from a rescue group. He was wormed by them at 8
>weeks old, but I still had him tested at 12 weeks. Sometimes cats need to be
>wormed more than once.
>Gail
>"Gail" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>> Yes, they still need to be tested. Most cats get worms from the mother
>> cat.
>> Gail
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> they're indoor cats only, do they need then to be tested for parasites
>>> and worms? and thanks much for your relpies, this such a good group
>>>
>>> lynn
>>>

>>> One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
>>> making exciting discoveries.
>>> ~A. A. Milne

I can add that last year I was adopted by a purebred kitten, a 15 week
old Somali. He was perfectly healthy, no parasites, all the shots,
from a very loving and respected breeder (not a kitten mill) and had
not even had the problem with overbloom (the change from the Mother's
parasites to his own that many kittens are troubled with.) Three weeks
after he came here he came down with smelly farts and poops. Turns
out he had caught Giardiasis from Lady, my black cat, whom I'd had 10
years and had shown NO SYMPTOMS of colonitis. So both cats benefited
from the treatment with Fenbendazole. How did Lady herself get
Giardiasis? probably from a previous, deceased, cat, who had himself
had some form of bowel disease, never fully identified. The mode of
infection for parasites is usually through a shared litter pan. And
yes Giardidasis is the same in cats and Humans and if one is very
careless there can be cross-infection.

As a rule no cat food will cause smelly do-dos in a healthy cat except
maybe for a couple of days after a radical change in diet.

... Steve ..