PDA

View Full Version : tensing up motions

scullycat
September 26th 05, 01:14 AM
Hi all again,
So I just got this 2 and one half yr.
old cat from the shelter. She's been there 2 yrs. (didn't get along with
other pets, so no one adopted her.)
Tonight I'm lying on the bed with her and she looks so comfortable, and
husband noticed that she has these mild jerking motions while she's in a
relaxed (conscious) state. She's doing it alot. Any ideas. I will be taking
her to the vet in am.She does is like 4 times, but sporadically. Had cats
all my life, and never saw this.
thanks

Candace
September 26th 05, 06:35 AM
scullycat wrote:
> Hi all again,
> So I just got this 2 and one half yr.
> old cat from the shelter. She's been there 2 yrs. (didn't get along with
> other pets, so no one adopted her.)
> Tonight I'm lying on the bed with her and she looks so comfortable, and
> husband noticed that she has these mild jerking motions while she's in a
> relaxed (conscious) state. She's doing it alot. Any ideas. I will be taking
> her to the vet in am.She does is like 4 times, but sporadically. Had cats
> all my life, and never saw this.
> thanks

Is the jerking all over her body? All my cats have twitchy/jerky paws
while sleeping or relaxed. I think that's pretty normal. Is she your
only cat?

Candace

scullycat
September 26th 05, 12:22 PM
yep, only cat, and her whole body, I was thinking hiccups?
"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> scullycat wrote:
>> Hi all again,
>> So I just got this 2 and one half yr.
>> old cat from the shelter. She's been there 2 yrs. (didn't get along with
>> other pets, so no one adopted her.)
>> Tonight I'm lying on the bed with her and she looks so comfortable, and
>> husband noticed that she has these mild jerking motions while she's in a
>> relaxed (conscious) state. She's doing it alot. Any ideas. I will be
>> taking
>> her to the vet in am.She does is like 4 times, but sporadically. Had cats
>> all my life, and never saw this.
>> thanks
>
> Is the jerking all over her body? All my cats have twitchy/jerky paws
> while sleeping or relaxed. I think that's pretty normal. Is she your
> only cat?
>
> Candace

September 26th 05, 04:18 PM
scullycat wrote:
> yep, only cat, and her whole body, I was thinking hiccups?
> "Candace" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > scullycat wrote:
> >> Hi all again,
> >> So I just got this 2 and one half yr.
> >> old cat from the shelter. She's been there 2 yrs. (didn't get along with
> >> other pets, so no one adopted her.)
> >> Tonight I'm lying on the bed with her and she looks so comfortable, and
> >> husband noticed that she has these mild jerking motions while she's in a
> >> relaxed (conscious) state. She's doing it alot. Any ideas. I will be
> >> taking
> >> her to the vet in am.She does is like 4 times, but sporadically. Had cats
> >> all my life, and never saw this.
> >> thanks
> >
> > Is the jerking all over her body? All my cats have twitchy/jerky paws
> > while sleeping or relaxed. I think that's pretty normal. Is she your
> > only cat?
> >
> > Candace

My cat does that too. She'll be walking and jerk her paw sometimes, but
not that often. If it were all the time or often I would be concerned.
In the course of five years or so, it's not increased so it's okay.

Rebecca Root
September 27th 05, 02:39 AM
On 2005-09-25 18:14:41 -0600, "scullycat" > said:

> Hi all again,
> So I just got this 2 and one half yr.
> old cat from the shelter. She's been there 2 yrs. (didn't get along
> with other pets, so no one adopted her.)
> Tonight I'm lying on the bed with her and she looks so comfortable, and
> husband noticed that she has these mild jerking motions while she's in
> a relaxed (conscious) state. She's doing it alot. Any ideas. I will be
> taking her to the vet in am.She does is like 4 times, but sporadically.
> Had cats all my life, and never saw this.
> thanks

I had a cat that did that. It seemed to be a kind burp. You could only
hear it if you put your ear right up to her body - it went "gloink" and
you'd see a little jerk. If she's been sheltered that long, it may be a
reaction to her change of diet and exercise. I think it's so cool that
she's got a new life with you.