PDA

View Full Version : crazy way to wake up...

Justin L
September 26th 05, 05:43 AM
Ever wake up right as your cat is falling out the window?
Well I did this morning.
I am not exactly sure how he did it, but somehow, he pushed out the
screen and fell out of the window. It was a second story window, so it
wasn't too far of a fall and is unharmed, but he scared the crap out
of me!

Candace
September 26th 05, 06:28 AM
Justin L wrote:
> Ever wake up right as your cat is falling out the window?
> Well I did this morning.
> I am not exactly sure how he did it, but somehow, he pushed out the
> screen and fell out of the window. It was a second story window, so it
> wasn't too far of a fall and is unharmed, but he scared the crap out
> of me!

Wow, I'm glad he's okay.

Candace

No More Retail
September 26th 05, 08:36 PM
How about a waking up to cat falling on you from a banister bed

Cat man
September 26th 05, 10:01 PM
Wow thank god he's okay. I would definetly prefer to not wake up to
that! My cat either whines until i wake up, or stuffs her whiskers in
my nose, purrs, and steps on my chest. Gets kind of annoying but I'd
prefer it to that any day.

Cheryl
September 26th 05, 11:39 PM
On Mon 26 Sep 2005 12:43:27a, Justin L wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

> Ever wake up right as your cat is falling out the window?
> Well I did this morning.
> I am not exactly sure how he did it, but somehow, he pushed out
> the screen and fell out of the window. It was a second story
> window, so it wasn't too far of a fall and is unharmed, but he
> scared the crap out of me!

Yikes! My screens are easy to push out, too. So I don't open the
windows unless I'm in the same room. I found out the same way you
did - Shadow (RB) ended up out the window 2x. Once when I first
bought the house and he was in a back room in the window sill and
the window was open. I went back to check on him and the screen was
on the ground (upper level of the living quarters is at ground
level) and I ran out to find him and he was chewing grass on the
other side of my driveway. Whew. He didn't run when I went to scoop
him up and bring him in. The second time he was in the living room
window sill and I was right there. Marley (RB) picked a fight with
him and he reared back and the screen popped out. I'm looking for
something to put between the screen and the kitties to keep them
from being able to push out the screen but since the area I live in
doesn't have prolonged periods of weather where the windows can be
opened any way, I haven't searched very hard. Besides, with an
allergy kitty, it's better to keep the outside outside.

Glad your kitty was ok!

--
Cheryl

-L.
September 27th 05, 05:22 AM
Justin L wrote:
> Ever wake up right as your cat is falling out the window?
> Well I did this morning.
> I am not exactly sure how he did it, but somehow, he pushed out the
> screen and fell out of the window. It was a second story window, so it
> wasn't too far of a fall and is unharmed, but he scared the crap out
> of me!

LOL...glad he is ok! My brother's cat jumped *in* a window, through
the screen, with a baby rabbit. I guess he was serving my bro
breakfast in bed...

-L.

Brad W.
September 27th 05, 05:46 AM
-L. wrote:

> Justin L wrote:
> > Ever wake up right as your cat is falling out the window?
> > Well I did this morning.
> > I am not exactly sure how he did it, but somehow, he pushed out the
> > screen and fell out of the window. It was a second story window, so it
> > wasn't too far of a fall and is unharmed, but he scared the crap out
> > of me!
>
> LOL...glad he is ok! My brother's cat jumped *in* a window, through
> the screen, with a baby rabbit. I guess he was serving my bro
> breakfast in bed...

Actually, no. I was slurping on a lean lovemuscle of manmeat at the time.
Now that's my idea of breakfast in bed.

It's Me
September 27th 05, 10:12 AM
That would be a fright! Worse yet, having a cat who is over 15 pounds
pounce on your chest (waking you from a sound sleep).

CountryStuff
September 28th 05, 01:53 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Mon 26 Sep 2005 12:43:27a, Justin L wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> ):
>
>> Ever wake up right as your cat is falling out the window?
>> Well I did this morning.
>> I am not exactly sure how he did it, but somehow, he pushed out
>> the screen and fell out of the window. It was a second story
>> window, so it wasn't too far of a fall and is unharmed, but he
>> scared the crap out of me!
>>

> Yikes! My screens are easy to push out, too. So I don't open the
> windows unless I'm in the same room. I found out the same way you
> did - Shadow (RB) ended up out the window 2x. Once when I first
> bought the house and he was in a back room in the window sill and
> the window was open. I went back to check on him and the screen was
> on the ground (upper level of the living quarters is at ground
> level) and I ran out to find him and he was chewing grass on the
> other side of my driveway. Whew. He didn't run when I went to scoop
> him up and bring him in. The second time he was in the living room
> window sill and I was right there. Marley (RB) picked a fight with
> him and he reared back and the screen popped out. I'm looking for
> something to put between the screen and the kitties to keep them
> from being able to push out the screen but since the area I live in
> doesn't have prolonged periods of weather where the windows can be
> opened any way, I haven't searched very hard. Besides, with an
> allergy kitty, it's better to keep the outside outside.
>
> Glad your kitty was ok!

My boy Brandon (RB) used to do that so I went out and bought some of those
old fashioned screens the they used to use if there was not a screen in it
( they expand to the size you need for whatever window if you know what I
mean) and added them inside of the window screen and it stopped any further
falls out of the windows :)
Hope that helps if you have any around or maybe you could purchase a couple
for said kittys favorite windows :o)
I am sure you can find them at any hardware store.
My new baby MoonShadow is not big enough to push the screen out yet :))
HTH~~
--
CountryStuff

(\ _\|/_ /)
.. ( )
.. \ ' ' /
.. (o~o)MooOoOoOOoOOooOO!

Charlie Wilkes
September 28th 05, 12:02 PM
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:53:33 GMT, "****Stuff"
> wrote:

>I am sure you can find them at any hardware store.
>My new baby MoonShadow is not big enough to push the screen out yet :))
>HTH~~

I hope he escapes and gets his skull crunched under someone's tire.

Charlie

Cheryl
September 29th 05, 01:40 AM
On Tue 27 Sep 2005 08:53:33p, CountryStuff wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
) :

> My boy Brandon (RB) used to do that so I went out and bought
> some of those old fashioned screens the they used to use if
> there was not a screen in it ( they expand to the size you need
> for whatever window if you know what I mean) and added them
> inside of the window screen and it stopped any further falls out
> of the windows :)

Hiya sweetie. Yup, heard of those. In fact, they were recommended.
I'm going to go look for some this weekend.

Hope that helps if you have any around or
> maybe you could purchase a couple for said kittys favorite
> windows :o) I am sure you can find them at any hardware store.
> My new baby MoonShadow is not big enough to push the screen out
> yet :)) HTH~~

Need new pics!! He's got to be over a year now, right?

--
Cheryl

CountryStuff
September 30th 05, 04:41 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:53:33 GMT, "****Stuff"
> > wrote:
>
>>I am sure you can find them at any hardware store.
>>My new baby MoonShadow is not big enough to push the screen out yet :))
>>HTH~~
>
> I hope he escapes and gets his skull crunched under someone's tire.

OH ok big boi...i will have a post for you later..your a thin skinned pussy
and you need to get a grip ...dam ur trippin, OK game on if you want it that
way.
I think you need to leave usenet as you cannot take it , u must be about 15?
We will talk again.

> Charlie

CountryStuff
September 30th 05, 04:42 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Tue 27 Sep 2005 08:53:33p, CountryStuff wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> ) :
>
>> My boy Brandon (RB) used to do that so I went out and bought
>> some of those old fashioned screens the they used to use if
>> there was not a screen in it ( they expand to the size you need
>> for whatever window if you know what I mean) and added them
>> inside of the window screen and it stopped any further falls out
>> of the windows :)
>
> Hiya sweetie. Yup, heard of those. In fact, they were recommended.
> I'm going to go look for some this weekend.
>
> Hope that helps if you have any around or
>> maybe you could purchase a couple for said kittys favorite
>> windows :o) I am sure you can find them at any hardware store.
>> My new baby MoonShadow is not big enough to push the screen out
>> yet :)) HTH~~
>
> Need new pics!! He's got to be over a year now, right?

Just a little over a year now, he is my sweetie , so funny i lurv him :)

> --
> Cheryl

Cheryl
October 2nd 05, 01:22 AM
On Thu 29 Sep 2005 11:42:14p, CountryStuff wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

> Just a little over a year now, he is my sweetie , so funny i
> lurv him :)

He needs a friend or two. :) I sent you an email about someone in
your state with 2 kittens that she found and needs a home for!

--
Cheryl