PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Greg Robert Pet Supplies Sells Your Email Address to SPAMmers!

Scott en Aztlán
September 26th 05, 06:42 AM
Just an FYI: I made a purchase from
http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/ not too long ago. As is my
custom, I used a unique email address (so that if I start getting SPAM
I know who sold me out). Just recently I started receiving SPAM at the
email address I had used to make my purchase from this company, both
from the company directly as well as from some apparently uaffiliated
third party.

BUYER BEWARE!

Peter
September 26th 05, 06:55 AM
"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message ...
> Just an FYI: I made a purchase from
> http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/ not too long ago. As is my
> custom, I used a unique email address (so that if I start getting SPAM
> I know who sold me out). Just recently I started receiving SPAM at the
> email address I had used to make my purchase from this company, both
> from the company directly as well as from some apparently uaffiliated
> third party.
>
> BUYER BEWARE!

One should beware of any company that doesn't have a privacy
policy clearly linked to from its website, and is produced by a
email marketing firm (in this case http://www.esavvymarketing.com/)

Mortimer Schnurd
September 28th 05, 12:22 AM
"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> Just an FYI: I made a purchase from
> http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/ not too long ago. As is my
> custom, I used a unique email address (so that if I start getting SPAM
> I know who sold me out). Just recently I started receiving SPAM at the
> email address I had used to make my purchase from this company, both
> from the company directly as well as from some apparently uaffiliated
> third party.
>
> BUYER BEWARE!

Just find HIS E-Mail address and post it all over USENET for the SpamBots to
find it.
Make sure you put it in the porn channels, gambling, rental,and shopping
subjects.
Mr. Robert's E-Mail account should explode with crap in less than a week.