PDA

View Full Version : Re: Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me


Joe Canuck
September 26th 05, 11:21 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> Okay, I love cats, we know that.

We do?

We only know what you are telling us. I suspect those who truly love
cats don't go around proclaiming they do... they just DO.

Actually, your subject line speaks volumes... those who love cats are
never annoyed by them. We tolerate their quirks with a smile and
thoroughly enjoy their company... even at 6 am in the morning.

> I've felt a little sorry for Boots
> because, even though he appears to want to be outside, he's lonesome.
> If he sees me, he wants to come in.
>
> I don't remember if I mentioned it, but there was a cat fight right in
> front of my living room window and I opened the door and it was Boots.
> He doesn't have claws, but he's a good 25+ pounds and was giving some
> poor cat the "what for." Boots saw me and came up for lovin' but
> escaped my grasp when the other cat took off and went chasing after it.
> He's a bully!
>
> Anyway, so now he's absolutely sure where I live and comes and meows at
> my door. He then figured out which patio was mine and was meowing at
> *that* door. And THEN at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, he's meowing at my
> bedroom window. I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
> me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.

Yet, you still shut the door in his face.

>
> Suggestions?
>

Yes, stop shutting the door in his face. Easy huh? :)

Cheryl
September 27th 05, 12:57 AM
On Mon 26 Sep 2005 05:32:34p, Brandy**Alexandre wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

> Anyway, so now he's absolutely sure where I live and comes and
> meows at my door. He then figured out which patio was mine and
> was meowing at *that* door. And THEN at 6:00 a.m. Saturday,
> he's meowing at my bedroom window. I can tell him to be quiet
> and go home, but he makes me feel so bad when I shut the door in
> his face.

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. That was when I
got Bonnie, and had a couple of strays hanging out, too. I think
they were originally attracted to the bird feeder I put out in the
winter. The two strays and Bonnie definitely didn't have a home,
or if they did, it wasn't a good one. None of them were fixed. The
other cat, I called him Funny Face because of his black/white
markings on his face, I wasn't sure about. I figured he was part of
their little pack. But when I trapped him to get neutered, too, he
turned out to be already neutered. The ordeal of being trapped has
kept him away from my house. It had a happy side effect of keeping
him close to his own home. When I released him that day, he ran
straight for a house down the road behind my house. Clearly, home.
I used to see him cross the busy road in front of my house, but I
never see him do that anymore. I still see him back there close to
his house, so he's doing well. I don't recommend trapping a cat to
"scare" him into staying close to home, but in this happy accident,
it worked. I don't have any suggestions for you. He likes you!

--
Cheryl

It's Me
September 27th 05, 10:08 AM
You say Boots "doesn't have claws" but is outside. Either the people
who keep him are uneducated or simply uncaring. No declawed cat should
be left outside. Their claws are a means of defense and for climbing
(to avoid danger). I presume you posted a troll message, anyway, since
no cat lover would shut a door in a cats face. Can you go away?

Charlie Wilkes
September 27th 05, 10:10 AM
On 26 Sep 2005 21:32:34 GMT, "Brandy**Alexandre"
> wrote:

>Okay, I love cats, we know that. I've felt a little sorry for Boots
>because, even though he appears to want to be outside, he's lonesome.
>If he sees me, he wants to come in.
>
>I don't remember if I mentioned it, but there was a cat fight right in
>front of my living room window and I opened the door and it was Boots.
>He doesn't have claws, but he's a good 25+ pounds and was giving some
>poor cat the "what for." Boots saw me and came up for lovin' but
>escaped my grasp when the other cat took off and went chasing after it.
>He's a bully!
>
>Anyway, so now he's absolutely sure where I live and comes and meows at
>my door. He then figured out which patio was mine and was meowing at
>*that* door. And THEN at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, he's meowing at my
>bedroom window. I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
>me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.
>
>Suggestions?

Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He values
your friendship.

Charlie

Barb
September 27th 05, 03:37 PM
No neighbor is perfect. Don't you know that? You love cats, you're not
allergic, so sit back and enjoy the company. Getting up early is good for
you. Don't you feel better when you get up early rather than sleep 'til
noon?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

It's Me
September 28th 05, 04:36 AM
Brandy Alexander writes
(in reference to allowing a declawed cat to roam outside)...

>"She said he was like that when he chose her. Someone else >had let him outside and now he belongs to D. As for shutting a >door in a cat's face. It's not like SLAMMING the door in his >face, it's patting him and telling him to go home.

It doesn't matter who previously had the cat...If D or F of Zee or
anyone else has the DECLAWED CAT NOW, that human being should know
better than to let that declawed cat roam outside.

Joe Canuck
September 28th 05, 12:17 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> Brandy Alexandre > wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>
>>Charlie Wilkes > wrote in
>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>>
>>
>>>Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He
>>>values your friendship.
>>>
>>>Charlie
>>
>>I let him in once, and Kami was not amused. And, since I saw him
>>picking on another cat, I'm not sure what he would do if she
>>showed any agression to him. He actually got up on my bed and
>>looked like he was settling in for the night, and growled when I
>>picked him up to put him out. That, and reasons I post in another
>>article, is part of the reason he can't come in again.
>>
>
>
> P.S. I do sit with him for 5 or 10 minutes outside giving him love. I
> don't snub the poor guy after just a pat on the head.
>

Oh?

> I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
> me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.

KD
September 28th 05, 05:56 PM
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:17:39 -0400, Joe Canuck
> wrote:

>Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
>> Brandy Alexandre > wrote in
>> rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>>
>>
>>>Charlie Wilkes > wrote in
>>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He
>>>>values your friendship.
>>>>
>>>>Charlie
>>>
>>>I let him in once, and Kami was not amused. And, since I saw him
>>>picking on another cat, I'm not sure what he would do if she
>>>showed any agression to him. He actually got up on my bed and
>>>looked like he was settling in for the night, and growled when I
>>>picked him up to put him out. That, and reasons I post in another
>>>article, is part of the reason he can't come in again.
>>>
>>
>>
>> P.S. I do sit with him for 5 or 10 minutes outside giving him love. I
>> don't snub the poor guy after just a pat on the head.
>>
>
>Oh?
>
>> I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
>> me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.
>

Isn't this woman a declawer?

Joe Canuck
September 28th 05, 08:19 PM
KD wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:17:39 -0400, Joe Canuck
> > wrote:
>
>
>>Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Brandy Alexandre > wrote in
>>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Charlie Wilkes > wrote in
>>>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He
>>>>>values your friendship.
>>>>>
>>>>>Charlie
>>>>
>>>>I let him in once, and Kami was not amused. And, since I saw him
>>>>picking on another cat, I'm not sure what he would do if she
>>>>showed any agression to him. He actually got up on my bed and
>>>>looked like he was settling in for the night, and growled when I
>>>>picked him up to put him out. That, and reasons I post in another
>>>>article, is part of the reason he can't come in again.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>P.S. I do sit with him for 5 or 10 minutes outside giving him love. I
>>>don't snub the poor guy after just a pat on the head.
>>>
>>
>>Oh?
>>
>>
>>>I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
>>>me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.
>>
>
> Isn't this woman a declawer?


Yes. She had her cat, Kami, declawed.

Joe Canuck
September 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> It's Me > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>
>>Brandy Alexander writes
>>(in reference to allowing a declawed cat to roam outside)...
>>
>>
>>>"She said he was like that when he chose her. Someone else >had
>>>let him outside and now he belongs to D. As for shutting a >door
>>>in a cat's face. It's not like SLAMMING the door in his >face,
>>>it's patting him and telling him to go home.
>>
>>It doesn't matter who previously had the cat...If D or F of Zee or
>>anyone else has the DECLAWED CAT NOW, that human being should know
>>better than to let that declawed cat roam outside.
>>
>>
>
>
> I agree with you there. I would never let a declawed cat outside. Her
> reasoning was that someone altered him contrary to his lifestyle. I
> guess because he's so big she thinks no one will pick on him.
>

So, does this mean your cat NEVER goes outside?

Candace
September 29th 05, 07:18 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:
> KD wrote:
> > Isn't this woman a declawer?
>
>
> Yes. She had her cat, Kami, declawed.

I hate to say it, Joe, but you don't post for months, then Brandy posts
and here you are. Sounds like you wanna hump more than her posts.

Candace

Joe Canuck
September 29th 05, 12:09 PM
Candace wrote:
> Joe Canuck wrote:
>
>>KD wrote:
>>
>>>Isn't this woman a declawer?
>>
>>
>>Yes. She had her cat, Kami, declawed.
>
>
> I hate to say it, Joe, but you don't post for months, then Brandy posts
> and here you are. Sounds like you wanna hump more than her posts.
>
> Candace
>

I find it rather curious you respond in that manner to the post about
the state of Kami's paws. <shrug>

Candace
September 30th 05, 05:11 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> I find it rather curious you respond in that manner to the post about
> the state of Kami's paws. <shrug>

It was just an observation...it's true, you do always post after her.
I am certainly against declawing and I feel bad for all declawed
kitties but we have discussed the state of Kami's clawless paws a
bazillion times. What further purpose does it serve to go over it?

Candace

Joe Canuck
September 30th 05, 12:18 PM
Candace wrote:

> Joe Canuck wrote:
>
>
>>I find it rather curious you respond in that manner to the post about
>>the state of Kami's paws. <shrug>
>
>
> It was just an observation...it's true, you do always post after her.
> I am certainly against declawing and I feel bad for all declawed
> kitties but we have discussed the state of Kami's clawless paws a
> bazillion times. What further purpose does it serve to go over it?
>
> Candace
>

It seems to go hand-in-hand with the subject line of this thread...
"Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me".

Whenever there is an annoyance, it seems to usually result in some sort
of action detrimental to the cat in question.

So in this case once again I question the validity and depth of meaning
in Brandy's statement "Okay, I love cats, we know that."

Anyone who truly loves cats would not mutilate them through declawing in
order to purely serve the needs of the human.

It goes to credibility. No need for a huge discussion, as I'm just
adding my opinion. You, and others, may or may not agree... thats
fine... we don't need to become newsgroup enemies because of that.

cybercat
September 30th 05, 04:36 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
...
>
> It goes to credibility. No need for a huge discussion, as I'm just
> adding my opinion. You, and others, may or may not agree... thats
> fine... we don't need to become newsgroup enemies because of that.
>

The voice of sanity, and I am sure Candace agrees. She does not take
Usenet too terribly seriously, which is where some people make their
big mistake. Big mistake. Discussion groups are for discussion, and
they thrive on differing opinions.

It is all a matter of perspective, really. It is nice to see a level head
in this group.

-L.
September 30th 05, 04:40 PM
cybercat wrote:
>
> The voice of sanity, and I am sure Candace agrees. She does not take
> Usenet too terribly seriously, which is where some people make their
> big mistake. Big mistake.

Yeah, they do, don't they? As well all know you do now...

Asshole.

-L.

Joe Canuck
September 30th 05, 08:46 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> Candace > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
>
>>Joe Canuck wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I find it rather curious you respond in that manner to the post
>>>about the state of Kami's paws. <shrug>
>>
>>It was just an observation...it's true, you do always post after
>>her. I am certainly against declawing and I feel bad for all
>>declawed kitties but we have discussed the state of Kami's
>>clawless paws a bazillion times. What further purpose does it
>>serve to go over it?
>>
>>Candace
>>
>>
>
>
> Thank you Candace. We just have to agree to disagree on the issue of
> Kami. All that matters is that she's happy, relatively healthy (as

Oh yes, I'm absolutely certain the hours and days after the declaw
surgery that Kami was extremely happy. Not!

> long as I keep up the maintenance), always receives good vet care
> immediately at the first sign of trouble, and pretty much allowed to
> rule the house and sometimes my life. :) Joe is just obsessed with me
> and as you noticed, a stalker of my posting.
>

Anyone viewing your posts can clearly see that you seek out attention.

Thus being the attention seeker that you are... you'd like to think that
I am obsessed with you.

Get over it... I'm not. :)

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/image-1930.jpg

SexySoxy
October 1st 05, 02:59 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:
>
> Anyone who truly loves cats would not mutilate them through declawing in
> order to purely serve the needs of the human.
>
> It goes to credibility. No need for a huge discussion, as I'm just
> adding my opinion. You, and others, may or may not agree... thats
> fine... we don't need to become newsgroup enemies because of that.

No, we don't...and we're not. I don't hate anyone on usenet. I hate
enough ****wads IRL to have much left over.

SS