PDA

View Full Version : Soft, slimey stools?

Jo Damen
September 27th 05, 07:51 PM
Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
stools have been soft.

The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools have
remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it would have
cleared up by now if it was.

The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a big
bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is still
eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in January.

Thanks

Jo

KD
September 27th 05, 07:54 PM
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:51:52 GMT, "Jo Damen"
> wrote:

>Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
>stools have been soft.
>
>The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools have
>remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it would have
>cleared up by now if it was.
>
>The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
>cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a big
>bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is still
>eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in January.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jo

What are you feeding her? I understand that you are feeding her the
same food as before, right?

Karen
September 27th 05, 07:55 PM
On 2005-09-27 13:51:52 -0500, "Jo Damen"
> said:

> Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
> stools have been soft.
>
> The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools
> have remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it
> would have cleared up by now if it was.
>
> The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
> cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a
> big bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is
> still eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in
> January.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jo

You could mix a little live culture yogurt in. She might need help
replenishing healthy flora after the antibiotics.

Jo Damen
September 27th 05, 08:03 PM
Yep, she's eating the same - Whiskas biscuits mainly, with half a Whiskas
pouch here and there. She also has a special Sheba once a week - the prawn
one.

Could it be anything serious?

"Karen" > wrote in message
news:200509271355231575%[email protected]
> On 2005-09-27 13:51:52 -0500, "Jo Damen"
> > said:
>
>> Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
>> stools have been soft.
>>
>> The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools have
>> remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it would
>> have cleared up by now if it was.
>>
>> The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
>> cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a big
>> bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is still
>> eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in January.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jo
>
> You could mix a little live culture yogurt in. She might need help
> replenishing healthy flora after the antibiotics.

Jo Damen
September 27th 05, 08:21 PM

> Troll
>
> Diagnosed by John Doe the obsessed header boy.

Erm, excuse me, but I am no troll!!

Just someone who is very worried about her cat!

Jo
> From: "Jo Damen" >
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Soft, slimey stools?
> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:51:52 GMT
> -
>
> GIT-R-DONE!
>
> alt.usenet.legends.lamey

KD
September 27th 05, 08:43 PM
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:03:00 GMT, "Jo Damen"
> wrote:

>Yep, she's eating the same - Whiskas biscuits mainly, with half a Whiskas
>pouch here and there. She also has a special Sheba once a week - the prawn
>one.
>
>Could it be anything serious?

I think Karen may be right. Antibiotics change the gut flora, in
hmans and cats. If she will eat a bit of yogurt that might do the
trick as it works for humans. If you are very concerned, I hope
you will call or see your vet.

whayface
September 28th 05, 02:11 AM
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:51:52 GMT, "Jo Damen" > wrote:

>Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
>stools have been soft.
>
>The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools have
>remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it would have
>cleared up by now if it was.
>
>The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
>cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a big
>bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is still
>eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in January.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jo

CALL VET

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/